Constance Marten case - missing mum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
PP psychosis can occur and I’ve worked in units where women had killed their babies (rare cases) . If this woman has signs of psychosis she would have been placed in a MH unit already. She’s sadly just a privileged entitled little rich girl who puts herself, her relationship and her own wants and needs above those of her child. It was reported early on that 2-3 other children have already been removed from her care although there seems to have been no further confirmation of that…probably to protect the privacy of the children.

If she is a drug user then the baby may have been born addicted and died as a result because darling Mummy was too selfish to get the baby the care it needed.

selfish arseholes…both of them.

Reactions: 32
It’s clear from her following anti social service pages on Facebook she’s against them and the police, so whilst I don’t doubt that he may of influenced, I’m not sure if she is this helpless person that was desperate to get away from him/scared of him and was controlled by him to do this. The fact she’s not talking to the police doesn’t help either- I think if she cared about the baby she would of spoke up by now, sounds like they are more concerned about covering it up/misleading the police.

Reactions: 27
You know if they'd have been found with the baby I would have reserved my judgement. Not prepared to do that now. Is the baby safe is the only thing I want to know. I couldn't care less about the snobby witches background or her rapist boyfriend.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
None of us really know what's happened, but what we do know is there is a baby missing somewhere, potentially deceased, and if not deceased potentially in danger/suffering. What we also know is that the parents of this baby are not cooperating with police to allow them to find that poor baby, dead or alive.

If they genuinely cared about that baby, they wouldn't have been living the way there were. If they cared about that baby now they've been caught, they'd tell the police where he or she is. Its abhorrent.

Reactions: 30
They dumped the pushchair on 7th Jan. Police seem to think baby was with them when seen in Newhaven on 8th but no evidence of baby since then.
Nearly 2 months ago then. Poor little baby deserves respect , care and dignity. That’s the one thing she could do as a ‘mother’ (I use the term loosely) and she won’t even do that!! Selfish horrible evil woman.

Reactions: 13
It's been reported that they were withdrawing large amounts of cash. It begs the question how do they have access to large amounts of cash ? I assume prior to this neither of them were working? Who was bank rolling them?

Reactions: 6
It's been reported that they were withdrawing large amounts of cash. It begs the question how do they have access to large amounts of cash ? I assume prior to this neither of them were working? Who was bank rolling them?
She has a trust fund

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Her dad is a millionaire or something

Reactions: 2
Absolutely not condoning CM’s behaviour or actions at all, but I do think that her upbringing must have *some* relevance to this situation and her mental health.

We’re not just talking about your average rich girl here. The level of wealth and privilege this woman had growing up is absolutely unimaginable to any of us. Crichel House has been in their family for more than 400 years. They rubbed shoulders with royals. When her father Napier inherited it (along with the £115 million fortune) he eventually had an “awakening” and spoke of a voice in his head that reportedly told him to leave his inheritance, shave his head and fly to Australia. Alone. Without his family or children.

Constance was 9 years old.

Maybe it’s just me, but I think that would absolutely mess me up.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Yes yes she's messed up.
Where is the child? Where did they leave it? Is it alive?
Is she messed up enough to kill her own child?
She's definitely a mess.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
None of us really know what's happened, but what we do know is there is a baby missing somewhere, potentially deceased, and if not deceased potentially in danger/suffering. What we also know is that the parents of this baby are not cooperating with police to allow them to find that poor baby, dead or alive.

If they genuinely cared about that baby, they wouldn't have been living the way there were. If they cared about that baby now they've been caught, they'd tell the police where he or she is. Its abhorrent.
Absolutely spot on. As complex as this case is, that is the bottom line and as simple as it can be.

I’ve been following this case and have just sat through and read this tattle thread. Everyone is of course entitled to their opinion, but it’s literally heartbreaking to hear some of the hate for SS. Someone very close to me is a social worker for children/young people, dealing with double the amount of case loads that she legally should be because they are so understaffed and underfunded. Some of the stories she comes back and tells me are just unfathomable, but as hard as the job is, she and countless others will always have the child and families best interests at heart. Keeping children within the family is ALWAYS the outcome everybody wants.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I'm with someone else, all that matters to me is that baby is found. I don't care about these people while this baby's whereabouts is unknown.
The fact that they aren't cooperating takes away any sympathy I have.

I really don't think the baby is still alive, but if they are, I hope they are found quickly so they can get the love, care and protection they deserve.

If they aren't alive, I hope they are in peace and are found so there can be a proper goodbye for them and they can be laid to rest safely.

A lot of scenarios are heart breaking for this vulnerable little baby that didn't deserve it and it really hurts my heart thinking of where they might be or what might have happened.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
If she is impaired due to her mental health I’m sure that will form part of any proceedings that may come about. There will almost certainly be a serious case review as well given involvement of social care.

Reactions: 6
Constance’s money and privilege is exactly why I assumed she’s an addict. Imagine being so incredibly wealthy you never have to work a day in your life. Never having to particularly care about getting an education with a view to a career and money. It’s a very aimless kind of life, unless you’re very philanthropic and want to devote yourself to charity work.

Keeping this vague, but I have a relative who’s a trust fund baby (nowhere near the level of wealth than Constance) and she’s never really worked, just wafts around doing self-indulgent arty projects and trying to be an influencer. I can easily see how you fall into a serious party lifestyle when you move in monied circles and have limitless cash available.

Reactions: 34
Re the bank accounts and her taking money out -
a) amazed there’s not a more real time response to that, eg she’s taken cash out in East Ham and police can be at that cash point/searching the area within 5 minutes?
b) also amazed there’s not a power of attorney/some sort of sectioning power that can temporarily freeze accounts if someone is using that money to pose a danger to themselves or others

Conscious both are Facebook gammon opinions that involve compromising someone’s rights but how on earth was this allowed to go on for so long? That poor baby is definitely deceased and I can only imagine neither of them actually know where the little one is hence not saying. Horrific.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Because they had access to a large quantity of cash. Possibly in excess of 15k on them . They haven't needed to access cash points. Police said a week or so ago that they believed funds may be getting low, which fits with the foodbank sighting and now being caught at a cashpoint.

Reactions: 19
Has it been stated that they used cash points in East Ham? Up until now the police have indicated they were likely to be travelling with a lot of cash to avoid detection.

Reactions: 4
Re the bank accounts and her taking money out -
a) amazed there’s not a more real time response to that, eg she’s taken cash out in East Ham and police can be at that cash point/searching the area within 5 minutes?
b) also amazed there’s not a power of attorney/some sort of sectioning power that can temporarily freeze accounts if someone is using that money to pose a danger to themselves or others

Conscious both are Facebook gammon opinions that involve compromising someone’s rights but how on earth was this allowed to go on for so long? That poor baby is definitely deceased and I can only imagine neither of them actually know where the little one is hence not saying. Horrific.
I don't think they took any cash out during the original 53 (?) day period they were missing. Police have always said that they had evidence that they had stockpiled a large amount of cash prior to going on the run which I believe started as early as Sept last year when they started moving around the country staying in AirBnBs.

Police have been saying for the past couple of weeks that they had suspicions based on the amount of cash they had that this would be running out soon. And it turns out they were correct.

So from what police have released, they didn't visit any cash points at any earlier dates in the time that they were missing to enable police to swoop in on them. They seem to have very recently surfaced for cash, food etc and have been swiftly caught.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.