Constance Marten and Mark Gordon Case #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She sounds drunk in the video BUT, if they were, this would have been reported in evidence by now? Two drunks camping with a baby mid winter sounds even worse.
I don’t think they can be. They would’ve been tracked buying alcohol, we know everything they bought

Reactions: 18
I know the jury will have seen it but I’m surprised they released arrest videos before any verdict. I thought arrest videos were a bit like mug shots. Only released if convicted.

Reactions: 17
bleeping hell imagine having the audacity to ask for condiments with your chicken and chips 💀

64A5D99A-59B8-49D0-9105-C33BFF921504.jpeg

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
You can hear from the arrest video the police are desperately trying to find the baby, asking a few times where is the child
Yet she’s more worried about Daddy bear 🤮
See they were still chatting away in court , I hope they lock her up till she’s past childbearing as can see these two doing the exact same thing again if let out, they don’t see to be remorseful at all.
---
I know the jury will have seen it but I’m surprised they released arrest videos before any verdict. I thought arrest videos were a bit like mug shots. Only released if convicted.
I was surprised at that too, wasn’t Letby arrest video only released as soon as verdict announced.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
You can hear from the arrest video the police are desperately trying to find the baby, asking a few times where is the child
Yet she’s more worried about Daddy bear 🤮
See they were still chatting away in court , I hope they lock her up till she’s past childbearing as can see these two doing the exact same thing again if let out, they don’t see to be remorseful at all.
---

I was surprised at that too, wasn’t Letby arrest video only released as soon as verdict announced.
yes although I dont think the jury saw the arrest videos for her did they? Because Big Nick Energy offered to show it when she insisted she was in her pyjamas… and she declined 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Unless I am missing something, and that may well be the case, my guess is they will both claim they have some mental disorder and try to get off/reduced sentences that way.

They do both look totally unhinged. Something is up.

Reactions: 16
I think because the child was not with them on arrest they have shown the arrest videos as evidence to the jury to show their reaction to questions about the location of the baby. Also martens answer saying you can't arrest me for hiding a pregnancy is like her admitting that she had a pregnancy and a baby even though she was denying who she was at that point.

I hope they both rot. I am very intrigued if they have some sort of drug addiction or she's brain damaged, cannot for the life of me understand how a well educated person who is so privileged could live / act like they were!! If they loved their babies why didn't they want to keep them safe and well. What happened to her!! Cannot comprehend it at all, poor baby Victoria deserved so much more than the life she got.

Reactions: 28
My opinion has always been that she is still mentally scarred from the cult. The dissociation, detachment and emotional numbness is a huge symptom of PTSD.

I’m absolutely not excusing what she’s done, or saying that it’s even a factor for consideration in sentencing - but it is likely to be something that has negatively affected and shaped her and so may have been part of why she seems so cold hearted. She is emotionally not there.

Reactions: 30
I think because the child was not with them on arrest they have shown the arrest videos as evidence to the jury to show their reaction to questions about the location of the baby. Also martens answer saying you can't arrest me for hiding a pregnancy is like her admitting that she had a pregnancy and a baby even though she was denying who she was at that point.

I hope they both rot. I am very intrigued if they have some sort of drug addiction or she's brain damaged, cannot for the life of me understand how a well educated person who is so privileged could live / act like they were!! If they loved their babies why didn't they want to keep them safe and well. What happened to her!! Cannot comprehend it at all, poor baby Victoria deserved so much more than the life she got.
Her dad’s mental health history makes it more likely too, her upbringing was financially stable but otherwise it sounds like it was anything but stable as a teen.

That said, I can’t comprehend it all. New to the thread but followed the case since the beginning, and I just can’t get over the detachment. There’s no instinctual care there at all. No sign of grief…

Appreciate I’m just repeating other posters. I think this one’s hit me more than Letby because of that innate maternal instinct that should have been there and blatantly wasn’t.

Reactions: 20
I mean when you’re arrested they do say anything you say can be used as evidence in court

Reactions: 6

There is a bit here when they are reading charges out but they have blanked it out so we can’t hear, could they have been charged with something else not related to baby Victoria ??

Reactions: 13
They are unhinged
but they don’t lack mental capacity imo
---

There is a bit here when they are reading charges out but they have blanked it out so we can’t hear, could they have been charged with something else not related to baby Victoria ??
at that point they didn’t know Victoria was dead or anything so potentially a charge to do with hiding her

Reactions: 14
Doesn’t Sound like she was desperate for a post mortem, instead trying to protect theselves.
This is quite gruesome, but if baby wasn’t found and they insisted on keeping quiet that poor babies body would have just been left to the elements and wild animals.
They don’t deserve to be called parents.

They couldn’t tell the baby's gender when they found her and needed to do tests.

It's awful how they just left her like that. If they wanted to stay on the run surely she could have left somewhere so she could have had a postmortem and proper funeral.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 20

There’s a transcript that mentions a dog handler talking to her and that’s not in the video. Could be something else though.

ETA or it’s when she interrupted about MG

Attachments

• Sick
Reactions: 4
Of everything I've read so far in the court case this absolutely horrified me the most. I don't know why it's probably because it's like an insight into how little care they really had. I want to understand, I want to feel like there was a reason and it was all out of love, however misguided and misplaced that was but this? Oh that poor poor baby, I just cannot at all. Utterly selfish bastards.
Absolutely vile

Reactions: 5
They are releasing arrest videos as proof that they intended to conceal baby’s remains and that they definitely are not grieving parents.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.