Constance Marten and Mark Gordon Case #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My point exactly, like I know we all look at things in a different way but wtf 😳 - neither look like Gordon imho
Dont you also think his mugshot looks totally diiferent to his photo of when he was younger?? His features are totally different!!!

Reactions: 4
IMG_6813.jpeg
IMG_6814.jpeg

If the placenta hadn’t been in the car, no one would have known.
---
This is what has been reported so she did have to baby in the rented house
---

---
If she said that in an interview, why on earth are the reports still that she was believed to be born after 28th December

IMG_6815.jpeg

Reactions: 5
You can’t physically force someone into court. Trials/sentences etc just happen in their absence. It won’t do her any favours. The jury probably already dislike her, more than Gordon, because she’s a mother.

Now in my little cynical head, I’m wondering if she’s doing this to save his bacon? Like he’s been the one refusing to come to court, when he did turning up it was in his tracksuit and giving it attitude. She was always nicely dressed. Now he’s the one at court, suited and booted and she’s not even showing her face on video link. Seems a 180 turnaround and I wonder if because he’s got previous he’s out on licence so he will have to serve out any other sentence on top of this one (if he’s found guilty).Maybe she wants to be the one found solely guilty to keep him out of a lengthy sentence????

Reactions: 12
If baby had been born in the rented house on Xmas eve, why on earth did they carry about the placenta in the car with them ( Surley they could have got rid of it somewhere)
Not being funny but it must have been really smelly by the 5th January.

• Sick
Reactions: 9
How did the police not catch them for 2 entire months? I vaguely remember this case but why not run adverts on billboards with their faces, utilise facial recognition technology, run adverts with their mugshots on the tv etc. They really could have ramped up notifying the public. Think how many places they went before they were caught- supermarkets, shops, taxis, restaurants. The workers maybe didn't know who they were because the public were not hugely aware of this case.
It was in the news pretty much daily though, from early January...the first taxi driver recognised them from the news, which would have only been a day or two after the investigation was launched?

1000449204.jpg

Reactions: 5
Why does this make me want to cry. No matter what happened, no matter if it could have been avoided, a mother still lost her baby which she loved in the only way she was able.

IMG_6816.jpeg

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
It makes me more mad than sorry for Constance ….. very very sad for that tiny baby too.
---
Dont you also think his mugshot looks totally diiferent to his photo of when he was younger?? His features are totally different!!!
one of Julia’s Lucy sketches. Obviously she was a sadistic sicko but this sketch doesn’t resemble her at all !

Attachments

Reactions: 6
They kept her in a Lidl bag, potentially carrying her around in it. Unbelievable

• Sad
  • Angry
View attachment 2713402View attachment 2713403

If the placenta hadn’t been in the car, no one would have known.
---

If she said that in an interview, why on earth are the reports still that she was believed to be born after 28th December

View attachment 2713409
Surely there would have been more than urine stains at the cottage had she had the baby there?
---
They kept her in a Lidl bag, potentially carrying her around in it. Unbelievable
I'm sure that would have kept her perfectly snug!!!!! :mad:

Reactions: 3
I wonder if her waters went in the rented house but she ended up giving birth days later in the car.
When they were picked up by highways patrol on 28th December (I think) and taken to Thorne there was no sign of a baby according to the officers statement.

I wonder what was the reason all her previous 4 children were taken into care. I have few social services customers and a couple of people on childrens panel and they sometimes tell me some stories about really pathological families being able to keep the kids…

Reactions: 6
If baby had been born in the rented house on Xmas eve, why on earth did they carry about the placenta in the car with them ( Surley they could have got rid of it somewhere)
Not being funny but it must have been really smelly by the 5th January.
And why wasn’t it in the original car that broke down?

Reactions: 2
I wonder what was the reason all her previous 4 children were taken into care. I have few social services customers and a couple of people on childrens panel and they sometimes tell me some stories about really pathological families being able to keep the kids…
My money’s on him having restrictions around children, and/or drugs

Reactions: 10
I’ll never believe Constance had any motherly instincts. No mother can put their newborn baby in that position, carrying it in a plastic bag, living in the open elements and not seeking any medical intervention. There is no way that baby was thriving/full health. They could have left her on any doorstep, any shop, any public place and she would have been taken care of. But they chose to keep her selfishly. She claims she wanted to give her a burial but she could have done that, could have shown her some slight dignity even if it was a burial in a forest. But she was thrown under rubbish.

• Sad
Reactions: 26
I would imagine they won’t report the exact reasons, possibly the category that they were at significant risk of harm. I imagine it is sufficient to state that care proceedings took place and concluded with full care and placement orders (if plan of adoption) which were then not appealed/ or not successful appealed. That shows they were considered a risk at that time and their actions once pregnancy confirmed will then be used to say they continued to not only be a risk but their gross neglect resulted in her death.

Whatever the risk, the least harm to the child is considered and that the includes the harm of being in the care system and severing permanent ties with birth families. If ‘good enough’ care can be given by the family with safety plans in place, children go home. But that requires engagement with all services.

Reactions: 8
Does anyone else think it sounds as if it may have been SIDs? Not excusing her so pls don’t jump on this, but reading about her falling asleep with the baby sat up just reminded me of the terror I felt as a newborn mum because aaalll of the messaging from midwives is absolutely no sleeping sitting up, or on sofas where babies can get trapped under cushions etc.

Obviously parents in their weird circumstances present higher SIDs risks, as do smoking or drinking parents, but also begs the question how on earth was Constance up for 3 days? Was she drug dependent during this time?! Or just exaggerating newborn sleep deprivation?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.