Constance Marten and Mark Gordon #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I guess nothing that they can report? Maybe we'll get a quick podcast to give us a vague overview.

Reactions: 11
They really have the strangest relationship.

I wonder if they have any friends left? Constance at least appears to have been well liked and sociable.
Every time I’ve been there, there has not been a single friend in the public gallery for either of them. It’s been made up of people who are curious (like myself) and law students.

I’ve seen her family (Mother and Brother) but no one from his family.

Given nothing much seemed to happen today, I’m hopeful that I will get to see some of the closing speeches on Monday.

Some of the other cases that are going on there at the moment are for murder and, whilst lining up to go in, I have met with the girlfriends and friends of some of the accused that have been turning up every single day to see them/show support.

It feels like these two were in their own “bubble” and had no need for others….

Reactions: 19
Every time I’ve been there, there has not been a single friend in the public gallery for either of them. It’s been made up of people who are curious (like myself) and law students.

I’ve seen her family (Mother and Brother) but no one from his family.

Given nothing much seemed to happen today, I’m hopeful that I will get to see some of the closing speeches on Monday.

Some of the other cases that are going on there at the moment are for murder and, whilst lining up to go in, I have met with the girlfriends and friends of some of the accused that have been turning up every single day to see them/show support.

It feels like these two were in their own “bubble” and had no need for others….
Toxic symbiosis?

Reactions: 8
I think CM and MG would have worn people down. Her family seem very worried about her and the children but are unable to actually help. MG has a sister who is apparently sticking up for him on social media.

Reactions: 13
I’m not really sure of the relevance of the discussion around the patent ductus arteriosis (open blood vessel near the heart in newborns) with the Prof saying it usually closes between 24hrs to 3 days after birth.
CM herself ascertains that baby V lived for longer.
It was suggested before that the ductus appeared patent (open) at post mortem but this might have been due to decomposition.
If it was open, and was causing Victoria symptoms, she should have had medical attention. If not, it has no bearing on the outcome.
Considering the decomposition (and the fact no one seems to be suggesting her life was so short), it seems to be a bit of a moot point.

Reactions: 12
I thought that the PM was inconclusive due to the decomposition. Wouldn't the PDA have been flagged up by forensics then if it had been a potential cause of death? I would have thought a severe and significant PDA would have caused obvious symptoms in Victoria but PDAs in newborns can often take a while to close without causing any problems...Just showing up as a murmur to be monitored.

Reactions: 4
This expert is utterly bizarre. I feel like he's damaging his professional reputation with this evidence. Over stepping his expertise by miles.
Gosh same. I’ve read a few things about him and spending time with families before support groups existed etc he seems so caring etc. how can be he SO almost aggressively on her side, it’s bizarre. He doesn’t seem impartial at all. It goes against all the guidelines they read out and he still said he didn’t think it was the cause of death. Wtf?!’

Reactions: 15
Gosh same. I’ve read a few things about him and spending time with families before support groups existed etc he seems so caring etc. how can be he SO almost aggressively on her side, it’s bizarre. He doesn’t seem impartial at all. It goes against all the guidelines they read out and he still said he didn’t think it was the cause of death. Wtf?!’
I'm normally just a lurker/liker but have to say that I couldn't agree more....sadly it seems that ££££ will persuade even the most seemingly decent people! If that really is the case then he deserves the utter contempt we have for CM and MG too 🤬

Reactions: 14

Looks as though Fleming was the guarantor of this BMJ article...I wonder what the families he worked with are thinking now.

Reactions: 9
BBC have a short episode out too, discuss the agreed facts a little and the Judge explains to the jury what a wardship application is/purpose.
Jury have so far asked 147 questions.
still can’t wrap my head around The Prof , I can’t see how any of his evidence will help the defence I think the prosecution poked every hole possible in everything he said, it’s like he was contradicting his own research, the whole thing is bizarre.

Reactions: 17
BBC have a short episode out too, discuss the agreed facts a little and the Judge explains to the jury what a wardship application is/purpose.
Jury have so far asked 147 questions.
still can’t wrap my head around The Prof , I can’t see how any of his evidence will help the defence I think the prosecution poked every hole possible in everything he said, it’s like he was contradicting his own research, the whole thing is bizarre.
It’s professional sui***e

Looks as though Fleming was the guarantor of this BMJ article...I wonder what the families he worked with are thinking now.
It's an interesting article, they say that accidentally falling asleep on the sofa is more dangerous than safe co sleeping in a bed. Victoria probably didn't die of SIDS more likely positional asphyxiation caused by having her head and face covered.

Reactions: 12
It's an interesting article, they say that accidentally falling asleep on the sofa is more dangerous than safe co sleeping in a bed. Victoria probably didn't die of SIDS more likely positional asphyxiation caused by having her head and face covered.
We also need to remember that if a baby isn’t held right then this can create the same outcome. If she had her chin tucked into her chest then she could possibly have asphyxiated because she wasn’t being supported properly.

Reactions: 11
I was interested in the comment about the trend now being for pathologists to record a death as "unascertained" when there were suspicions which had yet to be proven.

Reactions: 5
I was interested in the comment about the trend now being for pathologists to record a death as "unascertained" when there were suspicions which had yet to be proven.
I thought the publicising the ruling out of natural causes was a key thing when the PM was done. Hopefully the jury are reminded of that.

Last edited:
I just don't believe that Victoria was born on Christmas Eve in the air BnB. It's too Hallmark and too much like Constance's fantasy world. They left the place a mess but no birth evidence mess if I remember correctly. I think she was born in a field or something by the motorway and only survived a week or 2. Heartbreaking.

Reactions: 16
I just don't believe that Victoria was born on Christmas Eve in the air BnB. It's too Hallmark and too much like Constance's fantasy world. They left the place a mess but no birth evidence mess if I remember correctly. I think she was born in a field or something by the motorway and only survived a week or 2. Heartbreaking.
I sort of believe it because of the sheets being washed. They are not the type to do that to be nice. But maybe her waters broke and they left.

Sheetgate.....the unsolved enigma. I wonder whether those sheets have been forensically examined? Hopefully they don't believe in using washing powder.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.