Constance Marten and Mark Gordon #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am way behind, but on the topic of a quiet and slept a lot baby, that's how I knew my son was poorly with Group B Strep a second time. He didn't feed well, didn't cry like a normal baby and mostly slept.

I hope she isn't on the stand for too much longer, because she is just infuriating.

She's an absolutely awful mother and I wish that Victoria has been found before all of this took place.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Comment on the last thread about hoping shes not pregnant as she was nauseous- shes been on remand in prison for nearly a year so you'd hope not!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I keep thinking about when I went camping in summer. I was in a double camp bed off the ground, sleeping with my partner. We had a big duvet and sheet underneath us, a big duvet and a blanket on top. I had pyjamas and socks on. And I was still cold. I’m a perimenopausal fatso, so permanently hot. That poor baby on the ground in just a sleep suit in the middle of winter. 😢

Poor poor Victoria, Constance is very very far from an excellent mother, she is quite delusional.

• Sad
Reactions: 48
It will be interesting to see what tomorrow brings. The questioning seemed to bring some more info from Constance today, especially when she said that she usually slept with Victoria’s face in her chest, zipped up inside a coat. But I don’t know how much longer can can rehash the same ground, they don’t seem to be bringing much new evidence and I wonder what other witnesses they’re going to call, perhaps some expert on baby wearing in Africa or cosleeping in igloos 🙄

Reactions: 17
I have been following this story and the trial podcast but only just found this thread and read about half of the last thread. So sorry if repeating anything here, surely they are drug addicts? Would they not mention this in court or would they keep it quiet? I wonder if they were tested? Even in her arrest photo she looks like a crack head and they both sound of it it. I find it hard to believe otherwise, explains the paranoia etc. I’ve been in a hole this PM googling her old house and fb page. The other children were so cute and you really feel for them growing up with this, and hope they’re being cared for wherever they are. And poor baby Victoria 😔

Reactions: 13
I have been following this story and the trial podcast but only just found this thread and read about half of the last thread. So sorry if repeating anything here, surely they are drug addicts? Would they not mention this in court or would they keep it quiet? I wonder if they were tested? Even in her arrest photo she looks like a crack head and they both sound of it it. I find it hard to believe otherwise, explains the paranoia etc. I’ve been in a hole this PM googling her old house and fb page. The other children were so cute and you really feel for them growing up with this, and hope they’re being cared for wherever they are. And poor baby Victoria 😔
This would definitely come up in court, there's not been any evidence of substance abuse come out at all. Really surprising but not a sniff of it (pun intended) in the trial, any press coverage or any family court proceedings reported in the trial so far.

Reactions: 23
Sorry I know it’s probably been mentioned before but the date keeps changing, does anyone know when the trial is due to end?

Reactions: 3
Sorry I know it’s probably been mentioned before but the date keeps changing, does anyone know when the trial is due to end?
It was meant to be tomorrow but I imagine the end of next week now, maybe even the week after. CM has got to give evidence, then redirection from her council, other defence witnesses (we don’t know who yet) and then closing statements and the judges summing up and instructions to the jury.

Reactions: 13
Comment on the last thread about hoping shes not pregnant as she was nauseous- shes been on remand in prison for nearly a year so you'd hope not!
Ah but you're forgetting that immaculate conception was good enough for Jesus, so it's good enough for Cuntstance!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
This would definitely come up in court, there's not been any evidence of substance abuse come out at all. Really surprising but not a sniff of it (pun intended) in the trial, any press coverage or any family court proceedings reported in the trial so far.
I definitely think it would have been mentioned if so, co-sleeping while under the influence of drink/drugs would be easily provable negligence and the prosecution would have driven that home. It’s hard to imagine anyone being so weird and difficult without significant addiction problems, so I think that’s why it keeps getting suggested, but it seems they are just generally a pair of oddballs.

Reactions: 26
Trying to quote a thread on the last page of the old thread “I keep thinking when Constance says how Victoria was so content and just slept, how that can be a symptom of lethargy and malnutrition in a newborn. And she thinks it makes her an excellent mother.”

Sleepiness and not waking for feeds can also be a sign of jaundice (all 4 of mine had it) but poor baby never had any medical care.

• Sad
Reactions: 28
Trying to quote a thread on the last page of the old thread “I keep thinking when Constance says how Victoria was so content and just slept, how that can be a symptom of lethargy and malnutrition in a newborn. And she thinks it makes her an excellent mother.”

Sleepiness and not waking for feeds can also be a sign of jaundice (all 4 of mine had it) but poor baby never had any medical care.
This is how I knew my newborn had Sepsis too!
From his umbilical cord.

(The way the hotel worker said it smelled of infection made me consider this but I guess that was Mark’s toe now.)

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
This is how I knew my newborn had Sepsis too!
From his umbilical cord.

(The way the hotel worker said it smelled of infection made me consider this but I guess that was Mark’s toe now.)
I actually wondered about how they kept the umbilical cord clean
---
---
---
I don’t think his toe was infected then. I thought it became infected after, when they were in the tent. marten said something about him ripping the top of his toe off

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
Where there's a will there's a way for our loving Madonna...

• Haha
Reactions: 14

This is how I found out my little one still had sepsis (they were treated for it in hospital for 5 days when born) and by 9 days old they stopped breastfeeding completely and were extremely sleepy and lethargic. My community midwife insisted it was nursing strike and I begged her to inform the hospital I was coming back as something was not right.

Turns out they still had sepsis 🙃🙃🙃

Absolutely breaks my heart to think that baby Victoria could’ve been suffering in this way when she was already forced to live in those horrific and dangerous conditions. 😟

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.