Constance Marten and Mark Gordon #11

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
why is there been no reporting if they have been released on bail or requested it?
Baby Victoria was failed in her short life by her own parents now in court too, I hope they go for a retrial.
As it’s been said she will be pregnant and on the run as soon as possible if she’s allowed out.

Reactions: 15
They need to be punished for what they did! Any reasonable person could foresee their actions had a high risk of causing significant harm or death to that baby and that’s exactly what happened. She died because of the way they chose to act, and it was predictable that it would happen. I can only think that some jury members said CAD and others said GNM and no overall agreement could be reached. Something needs to be done to allow a successful prosecution because they are guilty either way! Imho they often use CAD where they don’t think manslaughter (wilful or negligent) conviction is achievable despite it being obvious to the investigating officers so maybe a retrial on that charge alone would be the way to go.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
I really hope they'll go for a retrial and that there will be lessons learned from this one. Allow far more time for a start, and stop with all the irrelevant nonsense . As much as I think they're guilty of all charges, the prosecution could have been better and made the case clearer.

Reactions: 13
The whole way this trial has been run... I sense secret handshakes and whispers in ears. Don't shoot me just got my spidey senses tingling.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Would love to know their reactions. She’s probably charting her period for ovulation right now.

IMG_8318.jpeg

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
What do people mean when they say she filibustered her own trial?
It's more often used in politics but where one would just stand, talk for ages, mostly in circles, to stop something happening. The US are the most notorious, I would say, and it's rarely seen in courts the way Clawclip Connie did it.

• Heart
My feeling is that the prosecution were too specific in their version of events. There was no specific cause of death therefore it feels to me that had they run with the theory that simply by them being on the run, avoiding medical input, not having a safe and warm environment for the baby, THAT led to the baby’s death. Feels more convincing to me. And to say that co-sleeping is not in and of itself dangerous but that the way in which they slept with the baby was dangerous. And if they had been in more suitable accommodation with proper beds and warmth this whole situation would have been avoided. That their arrogance and self-importance was their priority not the safety of their newborn child.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
I have faith that this pair will still be sentenced for their role in their baby's death.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I really hope they'll go for a retrial and that there will be lessons learned from this one. Allow far more time for a start, and stop with all the irrelevant nonsense . As much as I think they're guilty of all charges, the prosecution could have been better and made the case clearer.

I agree; the prosecution could definitely have done a better job than they did and they questioning of that professor was intense and awkward.

The case on a whole kept going off on a tangent.

The whole way this trial has been run... I sense secret handshakes and whispers in ears. Don't shoot me just got my spidey senses tingling.
I doubt it, just plain old incompetence.

If you hear hooves think horses not zebras.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I'm shocked and horrified, but sadly not surprised. I think we'd guessed that something like this was coming.

Reactions: 12
I bet there was a nutter or two in the jury who agreed that the social services are EViL and parents always know best 🙄🙄🙄

I’m agree.

• Sick
The problem with a retrial is, will it result in the same outcome based on the same evidence given?
Will they be able to find a non bias jury that hasn’t already taken a keen interest in all the news headlines about it and formed an opinion before they walk in to offer a fair trial which could lead to an appeal?

They’ve spent almost 18months or close to that on remand, that’s almost half of the full sentence they were likely to be given if acquitted of murder and found guilty of negligence.
Everybody knows release is almost always half the sentence served.
These are the arguments that CPS will have to consider when looking at a retrial.

Is it worth spending more public funding on another trial when it’s not scientifically clear how she died then end up in another hung jury and dismissal which will be even more clownery.

The lovebirds clearly are at fault for the babies death but at what extent? Nobody truly knows other than themselves what happened in that tent and that’s where it’s a grey area.
A lot of evidence was redacted from public consumption so a lot of what is public has been interpreted with feelings.

It’s sickening that they are likely to walk free but the best outcome is licence for both and some sort of sentence for charges already agreed on.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
It's more often used in politics but where one would just stand, talk for ages, mostly in circles, to stop something happening. The US are the most notorious, I would say, and it's rarely seen in courts the way Clawclip Connie did it.
Oh so she tried to waste the courts time you mean! Disgraceful behaviour.

Does anyone know if courts have a set amount of hours they can use before they have to stop their cases?

Reactions: 7
So according to the BBC reporter its just the Manslaughter charge that the jury couldn't decide on.
So going by the podcast transcript, I think it must be a guilty verdict of child cruelty at least, because if NG they had to also find NG of the further charges so they wouldn’t have reached the manslaughter question.

IMG_8332.jpeg

---
If only they would learn. If they could accept Victoria's death was their fault and decide not procreate again. However this result will make them think their actions were justified all alone.
Or even if they’d learn and willingly accept all the support available to them. But they will never ever accept their own wrongdoing so it won’t happen.

I don’t believe they are capable of living in a ‘normal’ home environment with a child in comfort and safety, no matter how much help they had.

I hope they retry them, but even if they don't, hopefully the jury have returned guilty verdicts on most of the charges.

Reactions: 9