Constance Marten and Mark Gordon #11

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t stop thinking about it 😔

We all knew it was likely to go this way over the last few weeks, but I cannot believe it’s actually happened.

She’ll be cut off by her family and the two of them will leave the country to pro-create somewhere that they aren’t found.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
The whole way this trial has been run... I sense secret handshakes and whispers in ears. Don't shoot me just got my spidey senses tingling.
This absolutely stinks of someone aristocratic on trial, I agree.

Reactions: 19
Anyone know if they’ll be held until sentenced for the guilty counts? Even then time served on remand may mean they’re freed even if those charges carried custodial sentence! I just cannot comprehend 2 child killers walking free!

Reactions: 8
The reporting is frustrating as they are not telling us about the other verdicts. They might wait until they decide about the retrial.

Reactions: 7
The reporting is frustrating as they are not telling us about the other verdicts. They might wait until they decide about the retrial.
I agree. It's very frustrating not knowing.

I hope that they were found guilty of causing or allowing death of a child as at least that would see them sentenced to a reasonable amount of time.

Reactions: 9
What a bleeping travesty for poor baby Victoria. This is a horrific outcome.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
just seen the news and all I can say is what the duck!!
---
the fact that they can have another baby is terrifying!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
The whole way this trial has been run... I sense secret handshakes and whispers in ears. Don't shoot me just got my spidey senses tingling.
100% this. The Marten family are aristocracy and therefore HIGHLY influential. Stinks of Freemasonry and Brother Masons doing each other favours.

Reactions: 16
Says on ITV prosecutors to decide “if” they will prosecute again 😳 so they could possibly walk out hand in hand completely free? She will be pregnant next month, so basically free to kill again 😭
I think there’s a good chance they won’t decide to go again. Unless they can really pull themselves together and get a judge and counsel who can just focus on this trial and set a realistic time scale they’re going to do it all again for the exact same result I’d imagine. And CM and MG’s lawyers are going to be alllll over whether it’s possible for them to have an unbiased jury next time given the podcast etc.

ETA: to me it sounds like they’ve not reached a verdict on anything. When LL’s finished they reported straight away they’d convicted her on X counts but couldn’t reach a verdict on the others so it was discharged. No mention of any of that in any of the coverage I’ve seen of this so my assumption is they didn’t get to a verdict on anything.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
What’s frustrating is the possibility there might have only been two jurors who disagreed or were unsure, and the two that couldn’t continue were firmly guilty. I know there can be other variations and I suppose they can’t just let a whole trial collapse if one juror leaves, but it bothers me that the outcome may have been different based purely on circumstances of courts (delays)/juror availability.

Reactions: 17
They so need to be punished especially CM she had lots of options much more than the average joe. Most wealthy people if they cba parenting get a nanny then boarding school she's already had 4 children removed with all the resources she had she's feckless they both need prison . I wonder why her family didn't take the children? Are they racist ?
Most people especially that level of wealth would see having relatives taken into care as shameful.
RIP Victoria x

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
They so need to be punished especially CM she had lots of options much more than the average joe. Most wealthy people if they cba parenting get a nanny then boarding school she's already had 4 children removed with all the resources she had she's feckless they both need prison . I wonder why her family didn't take the children? Are they racist ?
Most people especially that level of wealth would see having relatives taken into care as shameful.
RIP Victoria x
I reckon the family probably thought the kids were best off as far away from CM and MG as possible - and SS probably had concerns of attempted kidnapping if they knew where their kids were (eg with family).

Is there any chance that CM is related to Mae Marten ? She is an aristo too. Not good at researching family trees but tattlers can usually be relied on get the info.
Mae left the UK and is now based in the US. I found it strange that they didn't come back to film Taskmaster Champion of champions and left UK, just as there star was rising after winning series 15.
Probably a huge stretch but I wondered if it may be because of this case.

Reactions: 1
Is there any chance that CM is related to Mae Marten ? She is an aristo too. Not good at researching family trees but tattlers can usually be relied on get the info.
Mae left the UK and is now based in the US. I found it strange that they didn't come back to film Taskmaster Champion of champions and left UK, just as there star was rising after winning series 15.
Probably a huge stretch but I wondered if it may be because of this case.
I don't think theyre related. Maybe distantly like most properly posh people. But Mae is Martin with an I and her Canadian mum is the Martin, it's her dad who is a Chatto who is the aristo. So no I don't think this case had anything to do with her leaving taskmaster lol.

Reactions: 4
I'm not seeing it reported anywhere about the other charges so I think maybe they've not convicted them of anything.

SURELY with such a high profile case, they'll have to be seen to conduct a proper trial and conviction?! Imagine how many people will be inspired to duck off and run away with and abuse their looked-after children if the outcome of this is that they get away with it?

According to the radio earlier, she smiled to the jury and mouthed "thank you" to them when the announcement was made.

If she has indeed been found guilty of 3-4 charges that's pure narcissism

• Sick
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
RIP Victoria x
I don't think so. IIRC Constance's brother married a black woman who was welcomed into the family. I reckon they - quite rightly - objected to Gordon because of his criminal record.

Reactions: 17
this is bloody awful, i really have no words. definitely think there's been some interference from somewhere..

Reactions: 11