Constance Marten and Mark Gordon #11

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the last day the deliberated before this break was when they were permitted a majority?
So they’ve had yesterday and today to try to achieve that.

I feel like tomorrow is make or break.

With a jury of 10 now, 9 have to agree. That’s a lot of pressure on possibly two people who disagree, and that can’t carry on much longer.

Reactions: 12
Pity they can't have an "ask the public gallery" option...Would be better than a penalty shoot out or tossing a coin.

Flippant i know and apologies if I cause offence. Just really hoping for a verdict like everyone else.

Reactions: 14
When they say a “majority verdict”, if there are 10 jurors, why is a majority not 6 or more? Apologies if this is a stupid question!

Reactions: 5
This case has become farcical. I've said all along that I think the pair of them should be locked up and the key thrown away, however I also believe everyone is entitled to a fair trial. The stop start nature of this, the dragging on, the weeks off are not in my opinion fair.
I appreciate the argument that ole Connie contributed to it due to her incessant, ridiculous rambling but that's on the Judge and prosecuting council to control. IMO they played a dangerous game in letting her ramble believing she would further incriminate herself and the jury would see it and I don't think that gamble has paid off.
I think if the jury still can't agree on count 4&5 then they aren't likely to and they should be found NG. I believe they ARE guilty but they've been judged by a jury of their peers who cannot agree on that. I feel the prosecution has failed in their duty here and the ramifications will be no justice at all for Victoria
BIB - even if they're found guilty I'm concerned that this will give them grounds to appeal ☹

Reactions: 7
The concept of a ‘majority’ jury was only introduced in the late 60s allegedly to stop juries from being nobbled by 1 or 2 jurors but research suggests instead it was because more women and minorities were being called for duty and they were thought as being less capable 🙄

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
Wow what a bloody mess.

I think next steps are for CPS to decide whether to go to retrial. I think they have to decide pretty quick (weeks at the most).

I’ll be surprised if they don’t. I feel like this was more an issue with court time. They lost 2 jurors. Significant gaps between deliberation days. It really shouldn’t be allowed during deliberations.

• Sad
Reactions: 35
I gasped when I saw the BBC News notification but now the sadness is setting in. I don’t have the words.

• Sad
Reactions: 31
If they had reached verdicts on any of the charges would those still stand, or are they all scrapped?

• Sad
Reactions: 8