Constance Marten and Mark Gordon #11

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think if they cant decide by the end of the week, its time to call it quits. It can't go on much longer.

Reactions: 6
Can they accept the verdicts of the 3 counts they have decided on already and then do a retrial for the other counts?

Reactions: 3
They haven't necessarily had very long since the judge said he would accept an majority verdict. Especially if the jury weren't deliberationing while the legal discussions were happening.

Reactions: 5
Can they accept the verdicts of the 3 counts they have decided on already and then do a retrial for the other counts?
Yes I think so. That’s what happened in the Lucy Letby trial, some charges had verdicts and a few didn’t.

Reactions: 4
I think if they cant decide by the end of the week, its time to call it quits. It can't go on much longer.
The onus is on the jury to reach a decision. Victoria deserves that at least and not some half-hearted attempt which leaves everything up in the air. Her death was completely avoidable.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
The onus is on the jury to reach a decision. Victoria deserves that at least and not some half-hearted attempt which leaves everything up in the air. Her death was completely avoidable.
The Jury needs a full week in, so they can have proper run at going through the evidence and try to come to a decision. There must come a point when they've discussed it all. I personally think they are both responsible for that baby's death and should be found guilty.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Who else is responsible for Victoria's death? Brexit? The Tories? Covid? I won't say the Claw Clip.

Shame on any jury member who is instrumental in allowing them to walk free.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Watching the CCTV court evidence, I was shocked at how CM kept covering Victoria's head and face. Sadly,It was only a matter of time until Constance suffocated her baby. She is a truly terrible mother and it scares me that she doesn't see it. I think Mark is far more nastier, controlling then he comes across as. I don't see how some of the jury think Victoria's death was an unfortunate accident.

Reactions: 24
Watching the CCTV court evidence, I was shocked at how CM kept covering Victoria's head and face. Sadly,It was only a matter of time until Constance suffocated her baby. She is a truly terrible mother and it scares me that she doesn't see it. I think Mark is far more nastier, controlling then he comes across as. I don't see how some of the jury think Victoria's death was an unfortunate accident.
But there are still protesters outside the old Bailey supporting CM - protesters who have an axe to grind with social services. These people seem batshit crazy to me - I cannot fathom how anyone could be in her corner on this. But I do wonder if arriving at court and seeing people protesting in her favour might sway the jury.

• Angry
It's possible there are a few members of the jury, who sympathise with CM. Her baby died, also we haven't heard all the evidence the jurors had about why the other children were removed. She may have suffered more in her relationship with Mark then has been publicly revealed.

I think a lot of the court protesters will have had children removed by SS, and are mainly protesting for themselves.

• Heart
  • Angry
I wonder if Victoria has been laid to rest yet.
I keep wondering that. And if anyone was there.
---
Just saw this on websleuths, obviously I’ve no idea if it’s true or not…
this is the sort of tit that the defence will use in their favour. Who on earth has shared what is only known in court and must be subject to reporting restrictions.

(I don’t mean this at you @DianaBanana but whoever posted it on WS!)

• Heart
  • Angry
the flimsy buggy they had and Victoria being in just a babygrow, in the winter 💔

• Sad
But there are still protesters outside the old Bailey supporting CM - protesters who have an axe to grind with social services. These people seem batshit crazy to me - I cannot fathom how anyone could be in her corner on this. But I do wonder if arriving at court and seeing people protesting in her favour might sway the jury.
I don't believe that a noisy rabble protesting outside the court would influence any jury member's reasoning based on solid evidence presented in the course of the trial. Presumably no jury member would be selected for this trial if they had past negative history with SS anyway?

Last day for the pair of them to apply for a postal vote re the GE..Let's hope it won't be necessary and the only MP they will be involved with will be an HMP.

Reactions: 10
So the case was adjourned after only six minutes!! Did the jury actually resume deliberations yesterday? It seems nobody can commit the time needed to complete this case.

So the case was adjourned after only six minutes!! Did the jury actually resume deliberations yesterday? It seems nobody can commit the time needed to complete this case.
I think it means they went into court as they have to, and then were sent out. So jury are deliberating.

Not sure though!

Reactions: 7
Seems more and more likely this is going to end in a mistrial. What a farce! I cannot see what's up for debate here, honestly. Perhaps CM was far more convincing in court than she came across in reporting?

• Sad
To give the jury some credit of its true they’re deliberating counts 4 and 5 they are complicated charges to discuss.
if the jury convict on causing/allowing death of a child but acquit on GMN it may not materially affect sentencing.

Reactions: 8
This case has become farcical. I've said all along that I think the pair of them should be locked up and the key thrown away, however I also believe everyone is entitled to a fair trial. The stop start nature of this, the dragging on, the weeks off are not in my opinion fair.
I appreciate the argument that ole Connie contributed to it due to her incessant, ridiculous rambling but that's on the Judge and prosecuting council to control. IMO they played a dangerous game in letting her ramble believing she would further incriminate herself and the jury would see it and I don't think that gamble has paid off.
I think if the jury still can't agree on count 4&5 then they aren't likely to and they should be found NG. I believe they ARE guilty but they've been judged by a jury of their peers who cannot agree on that. I feel the prosecution has failed in their duty here and the ramifications will be no justice at all for Victoria

• Heart
Reactions: 19
looking like another day without a verdict, surely they must know by now if they are going to get any agreement.