Constance Marten and Mark Gordon #10

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well that’s what I’m asking. Do you mean furious and if so what does that actually mean/ look like? Have you been storming around angry and shouty for the last 12 weeks? Are you just furious briefly when you stop to think about it?

It just seems a strange description for something you have no involvement or influence on. Furious is quite an active emotion I think, I’m interested in what you really mean by that.
Asking others to explain the words they use feels a little pointless IMO. It’s very possible that people have a different range of emotions and feelings, which won’t always match with someone else’s feelings or choice of wording. And that’s okay.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I think if you were passionate about something with direct experience of it, so for some people here it’s cosleeping (my equivalent would be ME/CFS, because I have it) and someone is misusing the term, it can easily make you furious. I get furious if people call ME lazy/all in the mind/tired all the time. I can see how someone who advocates for cosleeping would FEEL fury at the tent-coat-nonsense which led to Victoria’s death being labelled “cosleeping” in the media.

Reactions: 14
I’m just curious that’s all, it’s interesting and Language matters. It’s ironic to be berating the defences use of language whilst also saying it’s pointless to discuss your own use of language.

Reactions: 3
I’m just curious that’s all, it’s interesting and Language matters. It’s ironic to be berating the defences use of language whilst also saying it’s pointless to discuss your own use of language.
Well yes but we aren’t in a court, or putting out incorrect ideas of important infant safety. That’s a big difference between what’s written here and what’s said in court.

The use and reporting of the word ‘cosleeping’ in the matter of this case is absolutely incorrect and the wrong word to be used for what was actually happening.

Reactions: 17
Do we think there will be a verdict this week ? surely the function of the jury is not to evaluate the competing causes / dominant cause of how she died be it hypothermia or asphyxia or another cause.. they only have to find that their actions contributed to her death- i.E they failed in their duty of care to their child and their negligence caused her death.
It is interesting the use of the language put forward by the defence , imo an attempt to sanitise and place the couple within the majority of ‘first time exhausted parents’, they should be given the titles they deserve , they were woefully inept at parenting, they were neglectful and their actions caused the death of their child imo.

Reactions: 12
Well that’s what I’m asking. Do you mean furious and if so what does that actually mean/ look like? Have you been storming around angry and shouty for the last 12 weeks? Are you just furious briefly when you stop to think about it?

It just seems a strange description for something you have no involvement or influence on. Furious is quite an active emotion I think, I’m interested in what you really mean by that.

It feels a little like you are being unnecessarily argumentative tbh. The whole case makes me feel furious but I don't owe anyone an explanation as to why or how that presents itself. It's a highly emotive situation and the pointless loss of a child's life because of reckless, selfish, narcissistic parents does make me angry. I was severely neglected as a child so I guess for me it's quite close to home. For me I show that fury by discussing it on here, with my partner and generally saying 'bleeping bastards' out loud when I hear them mentioned on the news! I'm not a solicitor and have no need really to explain myself but hopefully I have satisfied your interest. Your post feels a bit pass -agg but in case I'm wrong and you're genuinely just interested I hope that puts it to bed.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Last week I really thought there would be a quick verdict, now I’m not so sure- I feel like maybe the jury have waited so long to get the case they might take their time.

I don’t have any doubt they’ll be found guilty though. The jury aren’t going to be any more fooled by the sympathetic first time parents than we are
---
It feels a little like you are being unnecessarily argumentative tbh. The whole case makes me feel furious but I don't owe anyone an explanation as to why or how that presents itself. It's a highly emotive situation and the pointless loss of a child's life because of reckless, selfish, narcissistic parents does make me angry. I was severely neglected as a child so I guess for me it's quite close to home. For me I show that fury by discussing it on here, with my partner and generally saying 'bleeping bastards' out loud when I hear them mentioned on the news! I'm not a solicitor and have no need really to explain myself but hopefully I have satisfied your interest. Your post feels a bit pass -agg but in case I'm wrong and you're genuinely just interested I hope that puts it to bed.
You don’t owe me an explanation at all - of course you don’t!
Blimey, I genuinely was interested as it seems a strange thing to say- and it’s been said a number of times, I’m sure not all by yourself. It just seemed like something people say that doesn’t really mean anything, so just curious as to what it did mean.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Never fear....CM's here..tomorrow.

Return of the Claw Clip Two..To stop us all getting in a stew.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I’ll never have to do jury service, probably a good thing because ever since Victoria was found, they have both been guilty of murder in my eyes .

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Will they refuse to attend court for the sentencing? I can see Daddy Bear skulking in his cell muttering but Lady Connie I can see preening herself like a peacock in the dock and channelling her Inner Martyr.

Reactions: 14
CM’s histrionic martyrdom antics have fair drawn this case out.
I really hope it’s put (safely) to bed soon.
If I’d had to endure this as a jury member, I’d be pronouncing guilty and out the door before you could say claw clip, Mongolian get or lioness.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Well any bets on whether it will finish today or more delays?
I was thinking imagine they are found not guilty they will be out and trying for another by next week, surely that can’t happen.
But I have faith in the jury and sure they will be found guilty before this weekend.
Jury have been asking lots of questions ongoing too so surely not too much to discuss.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
It might take a while to deliberate because of the number of charges, and each charge is levied against each of them, isn’t it? MrDragName was on a jury recently and there were a few co-defendants and a few different charges so the deliberation had to be charge by charge, person by person.

Reactions: 8
It might take a while to deliberate because of the number of charges, and each charge is levied against each of them, isn’t it? MrDragName was on a jury recently and there were a few co-defendants and a few different charges so the deliberation had to be charge by charge, person by person.
Yes, hopefully though in this case, two of the charges have had minimal defence, concealing the birth and death of a child, so they should both be found guilty of these with minimum deliberations. Which just leaves was Victoria neglected cruelly? and did this cause her death? Despite Mark acting like he was just keeping CM happy, they did it all together and are just as guilty as each other in my opinion.

Reactions: 13