Constance Marten and Mark Gordon #10

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i hope the jury replay that video of her handling the baby in the takeaway in their minds, and then they will remember the way she handled that poor baby., that was when she was alive and they were apparently both loving parents.
Fast forward few weeks and hope they remember the way they cared for her poor deceased body…..in a bag filled with dirt and rubbish.
Poor Victoria deserved so much better let’s hope she gets some sort of justice, and as for the rest of her kids thank god we have social workers else the other 4 might not have survived either.
i am hoping for quick guilty verdict tommorow.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
The thing which sticks in my mind (and I recall one of the juror's as it was noted she sobbed) is the dirty teddy bear babygrow which was passed around in the evidence bag.

My own daughter had this very same babygrow last winter (it was a pack of 3 from primark - very thin just usual cotton) . I guess that's why I can't forget it. Just makes me so sad for that poor baby girl in the cold with no home comforts, warm water for bathing etc.

Let's hope the Judge's summing up reminds the jury of some important evidence from the start. Hoping they reach a verdict very soon.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Intentionally rude, then. You can just use the ignore button @Dogmuck 🙄

live seen barristers lose their temper a fair few times in court, whoever said “god complex” is right as well, some of them seem to be quite psychopathic, I wouldn’t be surprised if a high proportion of them are. It probably attracts them.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
No court until Wednesday when the judge will continue his summing up…FFS!
Oh that's annoying, you think he could just cracked on and then the jury could decide their verdicts tomorrow and it all be done and dusted for the weekend. Its very stop/start for the Jury. Who must by now be desperate for it to be over.

Reactions: 15

live seen barristers lose their temper a fair few times in court, whoever said “god complex” is right as well, some of them seem to be quite psychopathic, I wouldn’t be surprised if a high proportion of them are. It probably attracts them.
I've not commented on this thread before but have been following along.

I know a barrister, he is an insolent prick with an air of self importance. He is absolutely a narcissistic sociopath. I kind of think you have to be to do the job!

• Heart

That’s probably more of a help than a hindrance in such a career 😅

Reactions: 5
I actually cringed at the Alice in Wonderland quotes, is it normal to use passages fiction to back up your defence in a trial?!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I actually cringed at the Alice in Wonderland quotes, is it normal to use passages fiction to back up your defence in a trial?!
He had a job to do, he got it done 🤣 there wasn’t much “evidence” of them being innocent. Gotta fill the time with something, name meanings and children’s fiction if needs must.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I'm not holding out much hope for a quick turn around.

A) nothing has been quick so far

B) we all thought the LL trial would return a verdict quickly but it took a long time. So much to consider and a lot that wasn't reported needed to be considered. So I'm hoping for the following Wednesday. I think they will take 4 full days of deliberation and I'm assuming they will get sent out end of Wednesday or early Thursday.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
What is and why?
Oh, I meant being a bit of an arrogant psychopath is probably helpful in performing one’s duties as a barrister 💁🏻‍♀️ So one wouldn’t be too distressed at the details of harrowing cases and also possess a certain theatrical flair to make an impression on the juries.

• Heart
Facts not fantasy. Visual proof versus prevarication and nonsensical ramblings from a supposedly bereaved mother who treats the courtroom with contempt... and deafening silence from her partner in crime who has chosen to sit back and snigger.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
Oh, I meant being a bit of an arrogant psychopath is probably helpful in performing one’s duties as a barrister 💁🏻‍♀️ So one wouldn’t be too distressed at the details of harrowing cases and also possess a certain theatrical flair to make an impression on the juries.
Ah got ya!

I’ve also met very nice barristers, but I think there is a real section of them that are thrilled to be able to unleash their horrible personalities on people AND get well paid to do it, with lots of kudos.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I'm so cross with the defence trying to argue that running away with Victoria was defensible because she had her older children removed. Whatever people think about the courts removing children it's not only lawful to do so but children's services are legally obligated to act where there is evidence of risk of significant harm. Preventing authorities from being involved with Victoria was preventing them from carrying out their legal duties. And the result was that Victoria died - so there is no 'benefit of hindsight they did the right thing' defence - they did exactly what they should have been prevented from doing - neglected their baby to death.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
The defence have got to say something - it's their job. It's up to the jury to decide whether they buy it or not.

Reactions: 9