Comedowntothewoods #2 where it's all gifted goods

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
God she is a total arrogant tit face- you know fine rightly Katie why the kitchen counters are low downā€¦. The previous owner was elderly and most likely wheelchair bound and kitchen was adapted for her. What an arrogant piece of tit you are Katie. You wax lyrical how the house in Devon is adapted yet you donā€™t give any grace to the previous owner and mock her choices. You are an absolute disgrace Katie and hope you and the dripoid discover asbestos and it costs Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£ to remove. hole

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Just watched her tour of the full house and it's so bloody lovely. She has no idea how many people would kill to live in that house - it's absolutely gorgeous.

She needs to get a grip acting as if she lives in some condemned council house šŸ™„

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I wonder what she will do with the staircase, must be controversial otherwise she wouldnā€™t have said ā€œIā€™ll get stick for itā€

I donā€™t care necessarily for keeping period features for the sake of it. It is her home and not a museum but I hope what she does is sympathetic and not something just designed to shock. I bet sheā€™s been begging for tv makeover show to get interested in it

Reactions: 3
Just watched her tour of the full house and it's so bloody lovely. She has no idea how many people would kill to live in that house - it's absolutely gorgeous.

She needs to get a grip acting as if she lives in some condemned council house šŸ™„
I find her content very odd. She must be aware that most of her followers are interested in interiors, and that her house (houses!) will be worth very much more than those of her followers.

Yet she constantly pulls the hard done by act, disgusted and appalled by the hovel she is forced to live in.

Sheā€™s a smart woman, why does she indulge in this so publicly? Itā€™s a vanishingly small minority of followers who will be able to empathise with her, in their gigantic period homes, feeling sorry for themselves with cold, draughty #originalsash windows, Victorian plumbing, and Ā£20k architects fees, while simultaneously feeling smug with their enormous luxury kitchens, Ā£2000 mattresses, multiple living spaces, en suite bathrooms, and vast gardens with too many leaves, #poorme, as they rush to replace their now passĆ© bifolds with de rigueur crittall doors.

The majority of folks watching are there for interiors and lifestyle inspo, not to feed the ego of this entitled grifter who is now a living parody of herself.

I refuse to believe she no inkling that her shuddering horror at what so many people are grateful for is offensive. She occasionally tries to address it, but it always come off as a patronising ā€˜well this is whatā€™s ok for me and thatā€™s whatā€™s ok for you poppet.ā€™

• Heart
Reactions: 14
She's off on another bleeping free holiday again. For duck's sake, why is Cunard giving a so called interior account a free holiday?

• Angry
Reactions: 10
Where is the money coming from for this. It looks nice enough but she keeps claiming poverty? Smurf house isnā€™t making any money and I reckon they will sell. They keep trying to flog discounted weeks there because no one is daft enough to pay full price.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Drippy better get placing them implants šŸ˜‚. The costs will spiral and it will be Smurf House mark two. Then we will get loads of sad face stories from Katie floating in a lilo in the pool telling us they are practically bankrupt. Mizzleā€™s probably being sent on a PADI diving course as we speak to get ready to make the reels (SO much work you guys and this ruddy algorithmā€¦..)

By the time this is all finished, the older two children will be ready to move out

They will be utterly demented trying to keep leaves out of that pool.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I hope the plans factor in some energy efficient ways to heat it else theyā€™ll be rattling around even more in a huge freezing cold house. A friend of mine was telling me that the cost of heating their huge pile is making them consider downsizing but they bought their place for the land .

Reactions: 2
I just donā€™t understand the logic- buy an old house with all those features and then add wackiness to it?! Why not just have done a self-build? Surely theyā€™re going to be left with no garden space at all- no wonder the tree man was worried.

And does anyone really want an outside swimming pool in Yorkshire these days?! Surely the heating bill as @Rose123 says is going to be astronomical?

I see in the comments she says itā€™s going to take 9 monthsā€¦ I think thereā€™s a fair sprinkle of optimism there!!

I really donā€™t understand the logic. And I am sick of seeing all the things these ā€œinfluencersā€ are gifted, but never appear to give anything back (foodbank etc), apart from giveaways to the Smurf house. But maybe she just doesnā€™t publicise that šŸ˜‡

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I just donā€™t understand the logic- buy an old house with all those features and then add wackiness to it?! Why not just have done a self-build? Surely theyā€™re going to be left with no garden space at all- no wonder the tree man was worried.

And does anyone really want an outside swimming pool in Yorkshire these days?! Surely the heating bill as @Rose123 says is going to be astronomical?

I see in the comments she says itā€™s going to take 9 monthsā€¦ I think thereā€™s a fair sprinkle of optimism there!!

I really donā€™t understand the logic. And I am sick of seeing all the things these ā€œinfluencersā€ are gifted, but never appear to give anything back (foodbank etc), apart from giveaways to the Smurf house. But maybe she just doesnā€™t publicise that šŸ˜‡
The giveaways are just to raise the profile and make sure itā€™s inhabited enough by others to claim the tax deductions as a holiday home. Itā€™s going to cost a lot of money you know to give Katie the house of her dreams. So unless the local homeless and hungry want some second hand QVC skincare freebies, they are out of luck!
---
I hope the plans factor in some energy efficient ways to heat it else theyā€™ll be rattling around even more in a huge freezing cold house. A friend of mine was telling me that the cost of heating their huge pile is making them consider downsizing but they bought their place for the land .
Not unless Octopus Energy are actually giving away free heat pumps now

• Heart
Reactions: 5
If the plan was to retain the original features of the house and extend out the back, why have they done nothing to the rooms that will remain unaffected by the newbuild being stuck on the back?

Interested to see how she positions the ā€˜relatable, aspirational, skint, life is so hardā€™ angle while building a swimming pool šŸæ.

Reactions: 6
I told you all there was a pool! But I did expect her to keep that bit hidden then do a 'we've managed the budget so we'll we tagged this on, whoops' type thing

Reactions: 4
She lacks self awareness so I fully expect lots of woe is me posts whilst renovating her second home with a swimming pool.

Sheā€™ll also book a few holidays whilst itā€™s going on to ā€˜escape the dust etcā€™ during next year.

Chuck in multiple free food parcels, the salve pal running around after her and youā€™ve pretty much got 2024ā€™s content there.

Canā€™t wait šŸ˜œ

• Heart
Reactions: 12
That will be costing a bloody fortune!
Iā€™ve just finished an extension (not to those scales) and itā€™s gone way over our budget to the point where weā€™ve been left to finish up ourselves without tradesmen. I guess the difference is, Iā€™ve had to actually work hard to save the money and havenā€™t got freebies but even so how do you even begin to fund work to that size, including an outdoor pool in Leeds which is just laughable BTW with our weather šŸ¤£

Reactions: 8
Sheā€™s also not mentioned changes to inside. Sheā€™s clearly ripping out the stairs as she mentioned ā€œIā€™ll get stick for thisā€ on a recent story about plans for the entry and stairwell

Reactions: 4
Sheā€™s also not mentioned changes to inside. Sheā€™s clearly ripping out the stairs as she mentioned ā€œIā€™ll get stick for thisā€ on a recent story about plans for the entry and stairwell
Pretty sure she's moving the stairs round so that they face the entrance. Or at east that's what she said previously.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.