Comedians you don’t find funny…

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watched Pete Davidson's new special.
It was ok I guess, but he doesn't do 'jokes'.
He just tells amusing stories and sells it with his personna.
I guess that's what a lot of people do.
---
I adore James Acaster and saw him live last night. He was amazing. He is a real storyteller who crafts a tight show but is also able to do great off the cuff comments. I love the way he uses language and physical comedy. He's very open and vulnerable about his mental health whilst also being bleeping funny. My husband has always said he doesn't get why I love him so much but he thought the show was ace as well. I think if you just see snippets of him on panel shows or whatever when he's very much in his persona it's just a glimpse of what he does and I understandhe's a bit marmite. (I happen to think he's very attractive too.)
I don't find Ed Gamble funny at all, but he is a superb straight man who keeps Off Menu cohesive and allows James to take his flights of fancy. They are a winning combo and my very fave podcast.
Ed Gamble hosts the Traitors after show and is a terrible presenter, which is weird because I like his stand-up and his podcasts. Maybe he feels constrained or something with the BBC show.

Reactions: 2
I've never found impressionists/impersonators funny.
I can respect the mimic abilities but I don't find it particularly funny.
A really poor impressionist would actually be far funnier to me.

Reactions: 3
Ed Gamble and Joel Dommet. Urghhhh. Just not funny.

Joel has the worst voice - how is he presenting? Oh a face for tv 🙄

Reactions: 12
Ed Gamble hosts the Traitors after show and is a terrible presenter, which is weird because I like his stand-up and his podcasts. Maybe he feels constrained or something with the BBC show.
My daughter went to see Ed Gamble and James Acaster's Off Menu podcast and Lucy Beaumont was their surprise guest. She said it was very funny, especially Lucy.

Reactions: 4
[/QUOTE]

The world simply doesn't need any more spin off shows with Ed gamble. And yet. We get them

• Haha
Reactions: 17
My daughter went to see Ed Gamble and James Acaster's Off Menu podcast and Lucy Beaumont was their surprise guest. She said it was very funny, especially Lucy.
Really? Whenever I have seen her, she seems barely able to string a sentence together, totally cringeworthy on QI

Reactions: 5
Really? Whenever I have seen her, she seems barely able to string a sentence together, totally cringeworthy on QI
She was Would I Lie to You recently and I thought she was good on that. However, I do quite like her. I enjoyed Meet The Richardsons.

Reactions: 6
Eddie Izzard
He’s never been funny.
---
I used to find her funny. But she comes across these days as deeply unpleasant and nasty. Just an unkind person. I didn't like her on Taskmaster either.

I don't know if she counts as a comedian but the stand up I've seen Emily Atack do is painfully unfunny.
OMG she’s AWFUL! Painful is the word!
---
I couldn't sleep last week and was watching BBC news and Hardtalk came on with David Baddiel. He said the same, that jokes and comedians are now becoming watered down so as not to offend people or the comedian/comedienne being cancelled. He said jokes can't really be funny anymore as there's so many things you can't do or say. Even Frankie Boyle has become all woke now when he used to make jokes about children dying and all sorts.
I cannot stand Frankie Boyle. He pretends to be so fearless but he’s a snivelling coward. Darent take the piss out of men pretending to be women but it’s ok to mock Harvey Price because his mother is a car crash. Absolute bleep of a man.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Shane Gillis. He was fired by SNL a few years back before he even started, and then he became the guest host last week. I watched his monologue and a few sketches, he was not funny. I've also seen him live (he was part of an open mic line up so I didn't know he was there until he popped on stage) and listened to a few comedy podcasts where he was the guest. I really wanted to give him a fair chance since people get canceled so easily these days, but I don't find him funny for a working comedian. Maybe as a class clown at school at best.