Comedians you don’t find funny…

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gotta say, I really like James. I’ve enjoyed him as a guest on many podcasts and love him with Ed on offmenu. I think Ed is more natural a presenter though, but they bounce off eachother beautifully. Ed is the straightman to James’ strange self. I also admire James for being vocal about mental health struggles. But I can relate to him and his awkwardness a lot so I might be biased. And I understand why he may be marmite.

Reactions: 9
I adore James Acaster and saw him live last night. He was amazing. He is a real storyteller who crafts a tight show but is also able to do great off the cuff comments. I love the way he uses language and physical comedy. He's very open and vulnerable about his mental health whilst also being bleeping funny. My husband has always said he doesn't get why I love him so much but he thought the show was ace as well. I think if you just see snippets of him on panel shows or whatever when he's very much in his persona it's just a glimpse of what he does and I understandhe's a bit marmite. (I happen to think he's very attractive too.)
I don't find Ed Gamble funny at all, but he is a superb straight man who keeps Off Menu cohesive and allows James to take his flights of fancy. They are a winning combo and my very fave podcast.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Anyone watching QI now? Rosie Jones is just so unfunny and you can see the panel think the same

Reactions: 16
Anyone watching QI now? Rosie Jones is just so unfunny and you can see the panel think the same
Anything comes on tv with Rosie Jones on it gets switched straight off even if the program has another two or three people that I would like on it. I don't find her in the slightest bit funny.

Reactions: 19
It's so awkward. She made the same unfunny joke qbout someone being fit twice (in a.piece about a feminist) and you could see how sandi toksvig just hated it

Reactions: 10
I saw J Acastsr years ago in a small venue near where we live. In his closing speech he picked on another woman in the audience and me to make unnecessarily nasty comments about, they weren’t even funny. Came across rather misogynistic. Wasn’t sure about him before and still can’t stand him.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I saw J Acastsr years ago in a small venue near where we live. In his closing speech he picked on another woman in the audience and me to make unnecessarily nasty comments about, they weren’t even funny. Came across rather misogynistic. Wasn’t sure about him before and still can’t stand him.
Sorry that happened to you. He is a misogynist. I’ve heard some clips of his standup that show this loud and clear. Like his pal Nish Kumar. Come across as super liberal hipsters. But actually are quite women hating and are happy to tell us what we should and shouldn’t think and feel, according to their own beliefs. Both total arseholes.

Reactions: 16
Sorry that happened to you. He is a misogynist. I’ve heard some clips of his standup that show this loud and clear. Like his pal Nish Kumar. Come across as super liberal hipsters. But actually are quite women hating and are happy to tell us what we should and shouldn’t think and feel, according to their own beliefs. Both total arseholes.
I canr give examples but there is (imo) a huge crossover with so called Liberal male comedians, making fun of women wanting pur spaces etc and them actually being really misogynistic

Reactions: 11
I canr give examples but there is (imo) a huge crossover with so called Liberal male comedians, making fun of women wanting pur spaces etc and them actually being really misogynistic
Yep. And they love being able to be sanctimonious pricks openly to women, and it’s allowed cos well y’know (not getting into that debate here or we will be jumped on. Cba with that - look at that I’m silencing myself!).

Reactions: 8
I liked his humour and his oddness but your comment has made me dislike him.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Keith Lemon
James Corden
Mrs Brown
John Cleese (nowadays)
Jimmy Carr

Reactions: 7
I recorded the big fat quiz of the decade, as i watch it every year then i read Alan Carr was on it GRRRRR i cant stand him - So delete it was :(

James Acaster is brilliant.

I find Jimmy Carr quite dull these days; his 'dark comedy' is nothing compared to Frankie Boyle or Anthony Jeselnik (who I actually think may be a serial killer).

I find Josh Widdecome deeply irritating, which is annoying because I like Parenting Hell for Rob Beckett and The Last Leg for Alex and Adam.

Sarah Pascoe is not funny and can't host to save her life.
Oh Anthony gives me the creeps so badly! Makes my skin crawl!

Reactions: 1