Collin the Caterpillar Vs Cuthbert the Caterpillar - M&S Vs Aldi Caterpillar Cakes

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 535349

She looks like the type you’d find “working” the 5pm reduced section at 70% off for sure 😏
Girl's gotta do what she's gotta do. Pretty woman is playing in my head.

1618769811346.png

It's also nice to know that Connie has friends in high places too (Taylor Swift)

1618770277999.png

Do you think Seth the sloth will be targeted next?

1618770057785.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I agree the reason they're going after Aldi rather than anyone else is that Cuthbert is an exact copy of Colin whereas other supermarkets' versions at least have a variation (like the much maligned orange fondant face on the Sainsbury's one, oh dear!) Also agree with everyone who thinks that if Aldi loses the case their best move would be to retire Cuthbert and bring out a butterfly instead

Reactions: 10
Easter 2020 Colin was more suitable for Halloween

0_creepy-colinJPG.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Round 2: M&S release SIR CUTHBERT THE CARROT 🥕 ...... duck you Kevin
Oh I love this- dare you to write this on their insta page.

Wouldn't eat Seth. Thats where I'd draw the line.
What about cute little Sophie in her bunny ears?
1618777065544.png

Or Sonny the sloth from Aldi?

1618777262332.png

Connie is Swifty,
I knew she looked like she’d put it around and hop from man plate to man plate.
Fear not hun her parents taught her ALL about the humans and the bees. Kudos to her for being a girl who can have her cake and eat it too.

Hmmm interesting so far -

1618777810470.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Is anyone else freaked out that these caterpillars have no definition to their eyes so they just look like massive brown holes?

Reactions: 9
Imagine M&S going after Aldi about a cake, a law suit they've been told they're unlikely to win because the two products cause no confusion to consumers. Risking all that money on an unnecessary legal battle when they've just had to make so many staff redundant because they can't afford to pay them 🤔, risking all that money when the staff in their stores are going off sick because of the pressure being put on them because they can't afford to staff stores properly.... Hmmm. Hoping it's a PR stunt.

Reactions: 18
Imagine M&S going after Aldi about a cake, a law suit they've been told they're unlikely to win because the two products cause no confusion to consumers. Risking all that money on an unnecessary legal battle when they've just had to make so many staff redundant because they can't afford to pay them 🤔, risking all that money when the staff in their stores are going off sick because of the pressure being put on them because they can't afford to staff stores properly.... Hmmm. Hoping it's a PR stunt.
This 100%
Felt similar about JL Christmas ad. I remember saying to my husband it better not have a stupid budget when they've laid off staff.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Perfectly put @Bellaboo83

I really think they've misjudged how much goodwill their brand has and were hoping this would galvanise support. Maybe they were thinking lots, like themselves, were against the budget supermarket ethos?

But many of their customers (like myself) have precious little loyalty and shop at both m&s and Aldi.

*Looks at the sea of empty salad pots overflowing from the bin and feels guilty*

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Perfectly put @Bellaboo83

I really think they've misjudged how much goodwill their brand has and were hoping this would galvanise support. Maybe they were thinking lots, like themselves, were against the budget supermarket ethos?

But many of their customers (like myself) have precious little loyalty and shop at both m&s and Aldi.

*Looks at the sea of empty salad pots overflowing from the bin and feels guilty*
I don't have any loyalty to any particular shop.

I shop all over the place. M&S, Tesco and Sainsbury's mainly but if I want to change things up a gear I'll go to Asda. If I'm feeling really frivolous I'll take a drive to Morrisons. I get bored going to the same shops all the time and like to see what different products are available.

The only one I don't go to is Lidl and that's just because I don't like their shops. They all seem quite depressing.

I don't have any loyalty to any particular shop.

I shop all over the place. M&S, Tesco and Sainsbury's mainly but if I want to change things up a gear I'll go to Asda. If I'm feeling really frivolous I'll take a drive to Morrisons. I get bored going to the same shops all the time and like to see what different products are available.

The only one I don't go to is Lidl and that's just because I don't like their shops. They all seem quite depressing.
You are missing a trick with Lidl, yes its a little drab and the aisle of wonder is 9 times out of 10 shite from a kleeneze catalogue but the alcohol is more than decent and the bakery ,fresh fruit and veg is excellent value.
I'm loving the memes and the suggestion of an S&M caterpillar.

• Heart
Always a funny whiff in Lidls. And so seldom need to buy a lone miniature powderpuff, a jar of frankfurters and a wetsuit.

Edited to add: but yes bakery and veg are excellent.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
You are missing a trick with Lidl, yes its a little drab and the aisle of wonder is 9 times out of 10 shite from a kleeneze catalogue but the alcohol is more than decent and the bakery ,fresh fruit and veg is excellent value.
I'm loving the memes and the suggestion of an S&M caterpillar.
I tried the fresh fruit and veg but it ended up in the compost it seems to rot on the way home, all well in date but off

Reactions: 3