Collin the Caterpillar Vs Cuthbert the Caterpillar - M&S Vs Aldi Caterpillar Cakes

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They have lost legal challenges in the past.
But instead of the public distancing themselves from Aldi they're raging at the brands. The public wants the best value.

Reactions: 9
M&S are joining in the banter now on Twitter.

Be prepared for M&S dropping this action. The public don't care and we know very well what we're buying and where we're buying it from.

I don't think I'd walk in Aldi and pick up a Caterpillar cake and be surprised it wasn't an M&S Colin one!!

Aldi need to start on Peter Pigs and really get M&S going πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
M&S are joining in the banter now on Twitter.
Can you link it? I can't see anything official but m&s and their different accounts are confusing!

No doubt they'll come back with something to pretend to be in on the joke but far too late after the damage has been done, much like bo selecta and Craig David πŸ˜†.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Here you go ... look at the comments underneath πŸ˜‚ (Just realised it's a parody account but it's been quite funny - In fact it's so good I'm surprised M&S haven't taken them to court)

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Some solutions I've seen suggest giving Cuthbert wings and turning him into a butterfly.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Looking at the official Collin account and it's pretty cringy that their strategy for all of this was to shout out members of the public and their attempts at copying Collin before going public with the legal action to detract from them going for Aldi.

P60s for everyone involved!
(I believe they mostly use in-house marketing?)

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I once had the M&S mini Colin Caterpillar cake and TBH I don't see what all the fuss is about. I thought they tasted average 🀭

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I once had the M&S mini Colin Caterpillar cake and TBH I don't see what all the fuss is about. I thought they tasted average 🀭
Its the same as any other generic store bought chocolate cake, but it is nice/average with a dollop of cream and a cuppa. It has chocolate going for it which is always a winner!

Reactions: 4
In the Asda you can get your own make your own caterpillar cake. My sister made one once and it was shite. M&s would sue the pants off of her

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Am i the only one that has never had of these ever πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

The hashtag on twitter the last few days has had me in stitches πŸ˜‚

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Its the same as any other generic store bought chocolate cake, but it is nice/average with a dollop of cream and a cuppa. It has chocolate going for it which is always a winner!
The fact they are made in the same factory says it all. Same product just slightly different design and packaging, like most products.

Reactions: 12
Its the height of ridiculousness, exactly what was required this weekend. Thank you!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
M&S are saying nothing and trying to promote their Italian meal deal but there's only one thing people are replying with.

They so easily could have had a pop at Aldi without alienating and annoying so many people - could have spoken about free range eggs, more cocoa etc and done a positive campaign.

Seems like they've given the marketing team the weekend off and will limp on next week and miss the opportunity to try and fix it promptly.

Yes I realise how seriously I'm taking chocolate catapillars but it's fascinating from a business pov πŸ˜†. It's the light-hearted drama I live for 🀣

• Haha
Reactions: 22