Colleen Ballinger / Miranda Sings

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I completely agree with both of you ^^^ I’ve never even been pregnant but I’ve found it really annoying hearing her complain about the iv drips she’s getting because according to her they take too long. I can only imagine how hard pregnancy is for full time working women who don’t have the luxury of sitting down for a few hours getting an iv drip
The IV drop thing is so mad. In her recent video with her tangerine breakdown she’s complaining about how she can’t do anything but she has IV drips and ample time to rest and childcare and a spouse who’s home a lot.

I go to work and have to run out back to throw up and then immediately go back. Colleen is like ‘what’s wrong with me that MY BODY just can’t hAnDlE pregnancy?’

Girl, first trimester fatigue is real and normal. You should know this. It’s not personal. It’s pregnancy. It’s not YOUR BODY struggling with the worst pregnancy ever. I wake up tired. I can’t stay awake past 8:30pm. Pregnancy is hard but I find it manageable. I’d find it a lot more manageable if I worked from home, lived in a mansion, had the help she had, had a bleeping private IV drip

Zero respect

She said something so telling in her last vlog at 10.55 onwards ‘whenever I feel completely healthy and completely fine, it freaks me out, like I think somethings wrong’ I do think she embellishes the things she says she struggles with because of that
To be fair though I do understand this. I’m currently pregnant and when my symptoms go away or are less I panic as a loss of symptoms can relate to miscarriage. I get so worried... until I throw up my breakfast. 😂

That's why I'm confused I guess? In her latest vlog she keeps complaining about how it's been 2 weeks since the blood test and she still doesn't know the results, and how if she knew it was going to take this long she wouldn't have paid extra for it when she's gonna find out the sex at her ultrasound next week?

Ignoring the fact that the blood test she's talking about is for genetic deformations and finding out the sex early is a *bonus* of getting it, I was confused as to why she was claiming she's finding out the sex at an ultrasound next week, because I didn't think she was far enough along for that. If she's 13 weeks now and she thinks she's finding out the sex of the babies at a 14 week ultrasound she's likely going to be disappointed.
Your resident pregnant lady here: I think she’s going by Nub Theory. Around the 12 week scan you may be able to see a ‘nub’ on the baby. All babies should have a nub but how it sits/the angle can determine if male or female. But it’s not always accurate or guaranteed

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
yes you judymcfluffy 😄 i'm also glad

unfortunately all i see now is her doing what is typical for histrionic people. i think the reason why she's never getting criticised is because she always finds things that nobody would doubt. for example all her illnesses. hardly anyone would just plain out lie about that wich is why people believe her. i don't even think she really knows that she's not that sick. i mean of course i don't know how she truly feels but she's still walking around and all that. and who even rubs being sick in as much as she does. and then the miscarriage. many people just experience it as a late period and she was "grieving" like she had lost a far developed child. if she had struggled for years! but she got pregnant in no time with flynn.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 1

unfortunately all i see now is her doing what is typical for histrionic people. i think the reason why she's never getting criticised is because she always finds things that nobody would doubt. for example all her illnesses. hardly anyone would just plain out lie about that wich is why people believe her. i don't even think she really knows that she's not that sick. i mean of course i don't know how she truly feels but she's still walking around and all that. and who even rubs being sick in as much as she does. and then the miscarriage. many people just experience it as a late period and she was "grieving" like she had lost a far developed child. if she had struggled for years! but she got pregnant in no time with flynn.
Her illness is one thing, and the exaggeration of her pregnancy symptoms are another but I (and I'm sure many others) would take offense at the miscarriage statement. As soon as you see those two lines on the test you picture your whole life with that child, whether that pregnancy last 4 weeks or 40. My babies didn't make it past 6 weeks and I didn't find out until 7,9 and 12 weeks, should I not have grieved because the child was essentially still a group of cells? Just because it was her first miscarriage too doesn't mean she shouldn't have been distraught. I hope you never experience or have anyone you know experience a miscarriage or pregnancy loss because for many, it is a life changing experience.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
i have only talked to people around me and they said things like "it's rather common". my mother exchanged with someone who has had one that was a bit further developed and she wasn't upset at all. all she said was that it looked like egg yolk or so. people simply take it differently. my experience just was that they thought to themselves that they will just try again. i had one friend who was a bit more upset but she really desperately wanted a child so she was freaking out a bit when it didn't work out. she has also had some struggles conceiving so that made her upset probably.
to colleen: i don't even believe it's genuine with her. the whole motherhood. she constantly wonders how people enjoy their pregnancies. plus as i said before, she doesn't even do much with flynn. todays vlog was painting and she looked bored. three toddlers and gwen.

• Heart

Getting pregnant with one kid "easily" is not at all an indicator of how all your pregnancies can go. Many, many women experience secondary infertility issues (meaning they had one kid already with no problems) and sometimes that issue is the inability to carry a baby to term. Like Gorbs said, for a lot of women finding out their pregnant carries a lot with it, you're not just losing a 6 week old embryo, you're losing the life with a new baby you envisioned. Not to mention now you've gained the paranoia of thinking you're going to lose every subsequent pregnancy you have.

Colleen is a lot of things, but I'm not gonna judge her for grieving a miscarriage. A loss is a loss and that pregnancy was clearly wanted.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
btw she referred to her babies as "aliens"...loved that.

Getting pregnant with one kid "easily" is not at all an indicator of how all your pregnancies can go. Many, many women experience secondary infertility issues (meaning they had one kid already with no problems) and sometimes that issue is the inability to carry a baby to term. Like Gorbs said, for a lot of women finding out their pregnant carries a lot with it, you're not just losing a 6 week old embryo, you're losing the life with a new baby you envisioned. Not to mention now you've gained the paranoia of thinking you're going to lose every subsequent pregnancy you have.

Colleen is a lot of things, but I'm not gonna judge her for grieving a miscarriage. A loss is a loss and that pregnancy was clearly wanted.
look, you do you.

Last edited:
btw she referred to her babies as "aliens"...loved that.

That's her perogative though. Have you ever seen an ultrasound picture of a foetus pre 12 weeks, it's a fairly accurate description.

i have only talked to people around me and they said things like "it's rather common". my mother exchanged with someone who has had one that was a bit further developed and she wasn't upset at all. all she said was that it looked like egg yolk or so. people simply take it differently. my experience just was that they thought to themselves that they will just try again. i had one friend who was a bit more upset but she really desperately wanted a child so she was freaking out a bit when it didn't work out. she has also had some struggles conceiving so that made her upset probably.
to colleen: i don't even believe it's genuine with her. the whole motherhood. she constantly wonders how people enjoy their pregnancies. plus as i said before, she doesn't even do much with flynn. todays vlog was painting and she looked bored. three toddlers and gwen.
It's incredibly common, 1 in 4 pregnancies end in miscarriage- that's from 4 weeks to 24 weeks (after that it's considered stillbirth). Just because someone you know wasn't that upset doesn't stand for the millions of women worldwide who deal with miscarriage and infertility daily.
The need and want and primal urge to try again immediately after a miscarriage is something people in this community regularly talk about, it doesn't mean that they can't grieve the losses they've had. Like I say, I lost 3 babies last year and I'm now expecting twins. These twins wouldn't be here if any of my other babies had survived so I am beyond lucky. Had I not tried to conceive again, I would be passing due dates and milestones with still no baby in my arms.
I feel like so many people talk tit about influencers/people in the public eye about not being educated on certain things, but I think so many ordinary people can't be bothered to educate themselves either.
Also, people who have gone through loss rarely enjoy their pregnancies for fear of loosing again. Please do yourself and your friends a favour and research how to communicate with those who have lost, because this is not it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Agree with what everyone is saying. I'm just so personally frustrated with how she acts when it comes to the pregnancy. I hope she is grateful for what she has. I'm probably just triggered, I lost twin girls at 20 weeks and then another miscarriage. Thankful I now have a little boy. I'm very open about baby loss as it can be such a taboo subject and so hard at whatever stage. Everyone deals with things differently I guess. I don't normally comment as I can't really watch her talk about twins, I guess I just can't watch another video of her complaining how sick she feels etc lol

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
My pregnancy was pretty bad and so I often wondered how anyone enjoyed pregnancy. Even when I was feeling "good" I was in pain, couldn't sleep and/or was just completely exhausted. The idea of enjoying pregnancy is just completely mindblowing for me because that was not at all my experience. But that doesn't mean I didn't want to be pregnant or that I didn't want my kid. I just really hate that mindset that if you're not having a good time and you admit it, that means you don't want your kid or youre a bad mother.

Colleen exaggerates and blows things out of proportion, and is completely tone deaf when it comes to her Negative Nancy attitude, but that doesn't say to me that she doesn't want kids or didn't want to be pregnant. As it's been pointed out many times here, there are options that exist if she truly never wanted to be pregnant again (or ever) and she didn't do any of them, so clearly girl wanted to be pregnant.

I personally think that she has an disorder disorder and body dysmorphia issues so body changes in pregnancy are hard for her to deal with- all of her negativity about pregnancy are because of those issues. She also obviously wants girls, but is too wanna-be woke to opening admit it.

Reactions: 7
i don't only think that she doesn't seem like she really finds great pleasure in being a mother because she's not enjoying her pregnancy, but also because she never looks fulfilled with the born baby. and then the timing and her weird comments. it's all so from "outside". i don't have the time to collect every subtile micro expression, all i can say is that she doesn't give me the happy new mom vibe. wouldn't you agree that the birth of your children was a deeply warm fulfilling thing? and did colleen ever give you that impression? she looks like she had herself gotten a pet. and i don't think you can blame it all on her disorder/s. i don't think (like many others) that she's a garbage person, but i believe that she, for some reason, thought she has to have children (be it expectations or seriously bleeping clicks or simply because she thought it had to be like this) and was naïve about it. thought it was easy, that the maternal instinct would just kick in (when really you have them beforehand) and whatever.

also i have talked to someone who had gone through a miscarriage. and i never said that it's not allowed to grief (why would i?), i mean you clearly struggled and i'm happy it worked out for you.

idk maybe i'm totally wrong about colleen... just very unusual in comparison to what i'm used to

i don't only think that she doesn't seem like she really finds great pleasure in being a mother because she's not enjoying her pregnancy, but also because she never looks fulfilled with the born baby. and then the timing and her weird comments. it's all so from "outside". i don't have the time to collect every subtile micro expression, all i can say is that she doesn't give me the happy new mom vibe. wouldn't you agree that the birth of your children was a deeply warm fulfilling thing? and did colleen ever give you that impression? she looks like she had herself gotten a pet. and i don't think you can blame it all on her disorder/s. i don't think (like many others) that she's a garbage person, but i believe that she, for some reason, thought she has to have children (be it expectations or seriously bleeping clicks or simply because she thought it had to be like this) and was naïve about it. thought it was easy, that the maternal instinct would just kick in (when really you have them beforehand) and whatever.

also i have talked to someone who had gone through a miscarriage. and i never said that it's not allowed to grief (why would i?), i mean you clearly struggled and i'm happy it worked out for you.

idk maybe i'm totally wrong about colleen... just very unusual in comparison to what i'm used to

Oh no I absolutely agree with you, I feel like she treats Flynn like a cute toy, more like a big sister vibe than a parent. I just took issue with the grief of a miscarriage thing and it being like a late period.
Everything else you've said has been spot on!

And normally I'd be like hmmm we obv only see the good parts but that's hard to imagine when people post instas, vlogs, YouTube videos and all sorts else of their every day.

Anyone else think that she treats Eric bad? On there podcast if he says something she doesn't like she bully's him but if he disagrees with something she says it's "how dare you MAN disagree with me I'm pregnant and a woman". She farts and burps every video she talks about anything and everything but if Eric puts seagull sounds on and wiggles his eyes he's being disgusting! If he talks about something she doesn't like she says she's gonna be sick then will talk about that same thing a few seconds later. She talks over him all the time and she's constantly wanting stuff from him but never returns the gesture eg. I want a kitten let's bully him into getting him a kitten with my stans, can you imagine if he did that to her? Everything she does is adhd which is bs as being an insufferable bratt is not an excuse or symptom of adhd. The gender reveal situ is a big nod to her being a bratt she is constantly negative and even complains about her iv drip every day when other woman cannot even afford it. She's always trying to be a teen on tiktok and its weird and for someone so ill with this pregnancy she can dance and go out ect I had a good pregnancy and I couldn't do the tit she can do lol. She sees a therapist and apparently she bully's herself I personally think it's her conscious but her selfishness calls it bully. I could go on and on please tell me I'm not the only one who sees this.

Reactions: 3
i have zero pity for erik. have you seen him gazing at her? he chose this.

Last edited:
i don't dislike him but when she treats him like that i just think about all his love confessions to her. i would feel sorry if i saw him suffering or building up reluctance towards her (since he has a family with her). but he's all into this. that long ass kiss he gave her after he bought her a necklace.

btw i'm sorry for calling it a late period. i never knew that it hurts people. whenever i get a "backlash" i'm just so on guard because of my experiences with "politically correct" people if you get an idea.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
i don't dislike him but when she treats him like that i just think about all his love confessions to her. i would feel sorry if i saw him suffering or building up reluctance towards her (since he has a family with her). but he's all into this. that long ass kiss he gave her after he bought her a necklace.

btw i'm sorry for calling it a late period. i never knew that it hurts people. whenever i get a "backlash" i'm just so on guard because of my experiences with "politically correct" people if you get an idea.
I knew what you meant hun with the period and I've have 4 miscarriages and I wasn't offended because I think the woman didn't just grieve she took it to a whole new high of drama that she was more offensive than anything. She felt guilt and grief and most do and that's ok but duck me she don't stop with one thing after another. She's just and absolutely selfish brat that's needs constant adoration and praise and pats on her head. Every now and then she gets guilty and throws out a charity blah blah blah and asks her stans to help too with said charities which yeah lovely but you constantly cry at the stans for yourself worth then guilt them into someone else's stuff. It's a very negative place on her channel and disguises as a pc place.

Reactions: 2
I get that defensiveness, I'm sorry if I came across as rude because I didn't mean to be. Just a topic I feel very strongly about, I guess from my own experiences of crappy people lol
You're right though, everyone is different and I'm not talking for the entire community, I just feel the stigma is still rife.

Can’t stand the woman. The whole Miranda thing I don’t know how she gets away with it, I don’t find it funny pretending to have some type of extra needs.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.