Club football

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ll go Burnley, Watford and Norwich. I think Everton will just about scrape staying up but I think it will go right down to the wire.

Reactions: 2
Let's play a game, the winner gets bragging rights.

Who is getting relegated this year?

Everton, Watford and Norwich for me.

I think last night's result was more than great for Burnley, I watched it and they really look to have the momentum and fight to get out of the bottom three. Everton weren't bad but they make stupid, unnecessary mistakes all over the pitch that you can't really afford to do when you are in a relegation battle.

We play Watford this weekend, we will probably lose just to make things interesting, but I think anything other than a defeat will probably see us safe. Even with the games in hand at Everton/Burnley. All well and good to have games in hand but playing weekend-midweek-weekend a few times will surely take its toll.
Burnley gifted Everton two penalties last night and they still naffed it up 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’ve just got a feeling Burnley will pull themselves out of it, thusly planting Everton right in it. Having said that, Leicester have a big part to play in Everton’s fate so I fully expect us to give Ev a massive helping hand over the two games and they stay up 😂😭

Everton have got a tougher run in on paper. If Burnley win (against Norwich) and Everton lose (against Man Utd) at the weekend, I could see Lampard being panic fired.

Reactions: 1
I'm not sure I like this game 😖

There is no way we are getting ourselves out of this mess, so will not move off from the bottom for the rest of season...The only good thing about it, would be if Everton came down too!

I’m thinking Everton will escape by the skin of their teeth…I can see them weirdly causing an upset against Man Utd or Chelsea. Maybe getting a draw that pushes them on

Watford, Burnley and Norwich for me I think- I’m picking two teams we still have to play!

I also think Burnley will just about nick it with Everton, Watford and Norwich going down. Everton remind me of West Ham squads that have gone down - enough talent but lacking the desire and concentration to keep a game.
Apparently Sean Dyche told the team that Everton don’t know how to win a game and it’ll be a draw if they just sat back, appears to have worked!
I’ll be honest I don’t really care who goes down (even if it would be funny for Frank Lampard to get relegated hehe) just really want to see Luton in the prem!

I really, really want Luton to come up. Imagine Man City, Scum or Liverpool going there?!

stopcrying Frank Lampard getting relegated and it not being his fault at all would be highly amusing.

Reactions: 5
I can’t even think about us (Luton) going up but the thought of teams like Liverpool and City having to come here would be amazing.

We don’t have a good play off track record so I don’t hold out much hope but just the achievement for getting into the playoffs would be amazing considering where we were a few years ago.

We’ve played so badly the last 2 games and still managed draws. Hopefully they sort themselves out for next week we’ve got 2 massive games 🤞🏼

Reactions: 4
Friend had organised for us (her, me and a few of her friends) to go and see QPR v Sheffield United. It was planned for Saturday afternoon. They've now moved it to Friday evening. Annoying!

I’m thinking Everton will escape by the skin of their teeth…I can see them weirdly causing an upset against Man Utd or Chelsea. Maybe getting a draw that pushes them on

Watford, Burnley and Norwich for me I think- I’m picking two teams we still have to play!
Yes this is what i think too. I said to my oh who is an everton season ticket holder that i can imagine them getting a result against the mancs. He agreed and said Burnley was always going to be a tougher game.
Tbh it wouldnt surprise me if they managed to get a result against us in the derby.

Yes this is what i think too. I said to my oh who is an everton season ticket holder that i can imagine them getting a result against the mancs. He agreed and said Burnley was always going to be a tougher game.
Tbh it wouldnt surprise me if they managed to get a result against us in the derby.
This is my feeling too, Burnley was always going to be a tougher game given it was away. If we stay up by some sort of miracle it’s going to be because of the home games, United is an easier game than Burnley but we will see!

This is my feeling too, Burnley was always going to be a tougher game given it was away. If we stay up by some sort of miracle it’s going to be because of the home games, United is an easier game than Burnley but we will see!
It honestly wouldnt surprise me if you lot got a result against us in the derby!!! I just keep imagining us winning tomorrow and us thinking we are going to win the league, and then you lot are the team to stop us! I mean stranger things have happened. You wanna get Andy Johnson in the team for the derby!! haha :)

I am done with this season 😭😭😭
Also done with playing on Friday nights and having the weekend ruined early! At least it sounds like Neves will be back for Brighton (your bf will be delighted for more than one reason!) and maybe even on the bench at Burnley.

I’ve started to really dislike this playing on Friday shite 😭.

Really hope he’s back for Brighton- hope he scores if we beat them my bf will go have a sulk anyway so might as well make it funnier for me 😇

Reactions: 3
Knew we’d get a result today 😄 they don’t half suck you back in. Thankfully our next game is Leicester at home so hoping we can build some momentum there too

Lifelong Gooner here and cannot believe what has happened the last 2 games :oops: Not bolstering the squad in Jan is going to seriously bite us in the arse. Hey ho least my home town of Luton are doing well lol! Cannot even imagine the Hatters going to the prem but the town has a vibe about it because of the possibility!

Reactions: 3
Lifelong Gooner here and cannot believe what has happened the last 2 games :oops: Not bolstering the squad in Jan is going to seriously bite us in the arse. Hey ho least my home town of Luton are doing well lol! Cannot even imagine the Hatters going to the prem but the town has a vibe about it because of the possibility!
There's a lot of bottling it going round this weekend (including from Wolves)! I'm hoping Brentford get a result at West Ham tomorrow and it will almost be like this weekend's fixtures never happened.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.