Club football

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't stand Gerrard!

I feel like I am the only person here who is (their club) Leeds or nothing. Every other club, player, manager is dead to me, I can't imagine ever wishing anyone else success unless they were Leeds.

When I was about 4 my dad told me we never wear red, better dead than red and so on so it started from a young age!
I would love nothing more than to see Gerrard fail 😄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
I can't stand Gerrard!

I feel like I am the only person here who is (their club) Leeds or nothing. Every other club, player, manager is dead to me, I can't imagine ever wishing anyone else success unless they were Leeds.

When I was about 4 my dad told me we never wear red, better dead than red and so on so it started from a young age!
Leeds fans are pretty hardcore, I know from living in Leeds for a number of years. I’ve known them to start on other fans if they felt they weren’t supporting visibly/loudly enough.

Would you not remember a player fondly once they’d left though? You have statues outside Elland Road of former players/manager.

I only follow one team but obviously want whoever is playing against Ipswich to win 😂

Leeds fans are pretty hardcore, I know from living in Leeds for a number of years. I’ve known them to start on other fans if they felt they weren’t supporting visibly/loudly enough.

Would you not remember a player fondly once they’d left though? You have statues outside Elland Road of former players/manager.

I only follow one team but obviously want whoever is playing against Ipswich to win 😂
The statues outside are Don and Bremner, you'd be hard pressed to find two people who were more Leeds than them.

I was just trying to think of players I think fondly off once they have left and there are very few. To me / us you're either Leeds or you're not. I guess the tribalism runs deep.

Reactions: 1
The statues outside are Don and Bremner, you'd be hard pressed to find two people who were more Leeds than them.

I was just trying to think of players I think fondly off once they have left and there are very few. To me / us you're either Leeds or you're not. I guess the tribalism runs deep.
I’m going to Leeds next week for Leeds vs Palace as my boyfriend is a Palace fan, I’ve never been to Elland Road as had to miss us (Everton) playing there as my sister in law was pregnant and needed support, which I was gutted to miss but I’m really looking forward to ticking it off my list. My boyfriend wants to get there early so we can walk round the ground and see the statues you’re referring to. Can imagine it to feel like a proper ground like Everton, Villa, Palace are - none of this bowl malarkey

Reactions: 2
Leeds fans are quite intense tbf. All the ones I’ve known have been hardcore… them along with West Ham.

I only support Wolves but barring our rivals I have no issues with other clubs. I’m neutral. I enjoy when someone outside the big six doesn’t roll over for them i kinda think “huh fair play to them” 🤷🏻‍♀️.

Ive gone to the odd Brighton game with my Bf and whilst I’ll never sit there and sing another clubs songs, I can enjoy a “neutral” match

Reactions: 5
I’m going to Leeds next week for Leeds vs Palace as my boyfriend is a Palace fan, I’ve never been to Elland Road as had to miss us (Everton) playing there as my sister in law was pregnant and needed support, which I was gutted to miss but I’m really looking forward to ticking it off my list. My boyfriend wants to get there early so we can walk round the ground and see the statues you’re referring to. Can imagine it to feel like a proper ground like Everton, Villa, Palace are - none of this bowl malarkey
There are so few proper stadiums left in the higher leagues. Elland Road might be old and rough around the edges but all the history is still there. They are planning to redevelop the stadium but one if the key things they are working on is to keep it four stands.

Stadiums like Spurs/Arsenal etc are ok from a happy clappy nice day out point of view but they are nondescript in real football.

Enjoy Leeds!

I love old traditional stadiums. Some of the new ones are absolutely gorgeous, I’ve been to the Emirates and it’s lovely looking but it doesn’t quite have that charm to it.

There are so few proper stadiums left in the higher leagues. Elland Road might be old and rough around the edges but all the history is still there. They are planning to redevelop the stadium but one if the key things they are working on is to keep it four stands.

Stadiums like Spurs/Arsenal etc are ok from a happy clappy nice day out point of view but they are nondescript in real football.

Enjoy Leeds!
Yeah very very few! I’m at Brentford on Sunday n i’m gutted they’re not in their old stadium as would have loved to have gone there. What are they planning to redevelop in Elland Road?
I think Spurs’ new ground is lovely from outside but not overly fussed on the inside if I’m honest, Arsenal have comfy seats and good space 😂

I like watching The Big Match revisited on itv4, mainly for the old grounds..especially Chelsea, with the cars behind the goal!

Speaking of history, rumours are that Norwich are announcing a new club badge at 6pm 😱

Eta - It might be being beamed onto the castle! @levitating and @Clickbait

Last edited:
  • Wow
I like watching The Big Match revisited on itv4, mainly for the old grounds..especially Chelsea, with the cars behind the goal!
Went to watch my team play Aldershot last week - they still have cars parked behind the goal which you can see through the away stand. It is a proper, proper dump and being a fan of a non league team, I have been to some tinpot shitholes I can tell you!

Speaking of history, rumours are that Norwich are announcing a new club badge at 6pm 😱

That reminded me of a few seasons ago Leeds tried to change our badge. The new one was hideous and after a few days of backlash from the fans they assumed they had made a mistake and ditched the new one. Don't fix something that isn't broken!

I’m not sure how I feel about this… I have seen a couple of mock-ups and wasn’t keen. I guess they’ll be having a massive clear out from the club shop given almost everything has the badge on it! Thanks for flagging @Thelmachops

At least your clubs didn’t think this was a good idea for a new badge and decide to put it on the side of the stadium for a bit
3EFEBE57-4820-4783-8E78-93374675BF95.jpeg

• Haha
This was Leeds' abomination of a badge. Nothing positive about it. I dislike our current badge but at least it's not this.

awfulbadge.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I'd never quite clocked how god awful the lion is on our current badge until everyone's been zooming in on every part :ROFLMAO:

Ah here's the castle shot!

@levitating I don't mind it..thought it was going to much worse! Although my husband isn't happy as he has a tattoo of the badge on his shoulder 🤣

• Haha
I'd never quite clocked how god awful the lion is on our current badge until everyone's been zooming in on every part :ROFLMAO:

Ah here's the castle shot!

that’s quite a nice new badge I think!

@levitating I don't mind it..thought it was going to much worse! Although my husband isn't happy as he has a tattoo of the badge on his shoulder 🤣
Oh noooo 😭🤣.

I know someone who got a tattoo of the coordinates of their teams ground then they moved 😂 so they currently have the coordinates of some random street.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I'm obvs biased but Villa Park is a lovely stadium, has some real character.

I miss The Boleyn and the chicken run so much 😭 the dildo bowl is weird but on the upside there’s not a bad seat in the house and it’s been rocking this season. Was literally thunderous during the league cup game vs city.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.