Club football

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The problem is that football ‘banter’ plays to stereotypes and it hasn’t evolved much over the years. We get incest jokes and 6 fingers etc. I’m not saying it’s right but it’s so lazy and predictable I find it hard to get wound up about.

I get more annoyed by rival fans being ridiculously and unnecessarily aggressive. Worst fans for that in my experience have been Palace and West Ham.
Aren't Palace fans infamous for being a bit wet? 😂

It is because people get their knickers in a twist that these things continue. Who's that laying on the runway...... Can we have another stella Georgie Best?..... Eating rats...... Istanbul.... Angola should have been four/it should have been you.....Harold Shipman......

I have been to football games in Serbia and they really know how to be awful as a set of fans, same with just about any Ajax away game. We are a tame bunch of kittens in comparison.

Reactions: 1
Think I’ll come back when we’re discussing the game and not the politics of attending a football match 😴😴

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I definitely think theirs worse things that are changed at football games than a joke about someone who just got fired and now has no job

The problem is that football ‘banter’ plays to stereotypes and it hasn’t evolved much over the years. We get incest jokes and 6 fingers etc. I’m not saying it’s right but it’s so lazy and predictable I find it hard to get wound up about.

I get more annoyed by rival fans being ridiculously and unnecessarily aggressive. Worst fans for that in my experience have been Palace and West Ham.

I just had a search of some offensive chants and apparently some people chanted “It should have been you” at Adebayor… in reference to a shooting in Togo, like jesus give your head a wobble… some of the anti-semitic ones to Spurs are disgusting as well. It’s just embarrassing… like the edgy offensive humour isn’t funny.

I’m not claiming innocence. I’ve gone oh duck off you diving prick or you’re tit at the opposition countless times and Wolves like every club have scumbag fans. One of my best friends is a WBA fan. I voice noted her singing that you’re going down down down down song but you can banter other teams without being a dick

If you wanna sing tit about the rivals sure crack on but the whole cringey edgelord humour is 🙄

Reactions: 4
Aren't Palace fans infamous for being a bit wet? 😂
Well they have their Ultras 😂 When I went to Selhurst Park they took an unopened bottle of water off a disabled Norwich fan “because it could be used as a weapon” but they had people in there with flags on spiked sticks!

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Well they have their Ultras 😂 When I went to Selhurst Park they took an unopened bottle of water off a disabled Norwich fan “because it could be used as a weapon” but they had people in their with flags on spiked sticks!
I think most football clubs can be quite tribal and Palace have their Ultras but their nickname is Nigels for good reason. Most Palace fans seem a bit soft to me.

Well they have their Ultras 😂 When I went to Selhurst Park they took an unopened bottle of water off a disabled Norwich fan “because it could be used as a weapon” but they had people in their with flags on spiked sticks!
Palace fans are probably one of the best away fans in the league, I’ve been in their end a few times (I’m not a Palace fan haha). There’s some nobs but every away end is like that tbh

The ultras thing comes from their links with the Paris ultras for PSG for some reason - the HF (ultras) don’t call themselves ultras tbf

We always get the bellend away fans doing helicopter impressions to take the piss out of our chairman dying. That’s the only thing that away fans do to us that offends and upsets, it’s still too raw.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 5
One of the most disrespectful things I’ve seen is the Chelsea fans at st James’ park who constantly were singing during the remembrance silence! Honestly vile

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
One of the most disrespectful things I’ve seen is the Chelsea fans at st James’ park who constantly were singing during the remembrance silence! Honestly vile
Chelsea fans are one of the worst fan bases in the league imo

We always get the bellend away fans doing helicopter impressions to take the piss out of our chairman dying. That’s the only thing that away fans do to us that offends and upsets, it’s still too raw.
What the duck. That’s grim. :sick: Do these fans think they’re actually being funny?Like what is the logic other than just trying to be dicks🤮

Reactions: 3
What the duck. That’s grim. :sick: Do these fans think they’re actually being funny?Like what is the logic other than just trying to be dicks🤮
I don’t even think they do think because if they did they surely wouldn’t do tit like that. That’s how I see it anyway.

Up the Stevie Gerrard!!! We was at the game yesterday, amazing atmosphere and fab reception and result for his first game!

• Heart
Can someone set up a football fans support thread so we can keep this one for discussing matches and other news? 😴

Up the Stevie Gerrard!!! We was at the game yesterday, amazing atmosphere and fab reception and result for his first game!
I’m not a villa fan but I really want him to be successful! (I don’t want him to leave villa for Liverpool but that’s likely, I’d love him to come to another club before hand)

I can't stand Gerrard!

I feel like I am the only person here who is (their club) Leeds or nothing. Every other club, player, manager is dead to me, I can't imagine ever wishing anyone else success unless they were Leeds.

When I was about 4 my dad told me we never wear red, better dead than red and so on so it started from a young age!

• Haha
  • Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.