Club football

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like it was premature and a complete disservice to Bielsa and all he has done for us. I think the board underestimate just what bringing us in from the wilderness after 16 long, hard years meant to the fans.

We will never know how the season with end with Bielsa in charge but I think we would have scraped enough points to stay up. And that is all that matters to the board.

The way Bielsa has been treated is disgusting and quite frankly goes entirely against the ethos the board made us believe we had. Bielsa gave his all to help us realise our dream. They should have supported the best manager we have had in years and years. They sold him out last summer and screwed him over in January. We won't forget how they sacked him and brought someone in behind his back.

The board have a long way to go in fixing this. They better pray that we pick up at least 7 points in the next 4 fixtures otherwise Elland Road week be a very hostile place to be. There is one thing about Leeds fans and that is I wouldn't want to cross a bunch of them. Elland Road can be a nasty cesspit when it needs to be.

Disappointing and fed up. This bloody football club.

El Loco. He was one of our own.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
@ordinaryjelly Well, I think you have more of a chance of staying up than us and you play us soon, so 3 points for you there!

I was listening to a podcast with Jon Richardson and he drove to the training ground on Monday as he felt like he needed to say goodbye...

Reactions: 1
Jon R is a good guy. Our friends run a Leeds podcast and did a Bielsa Thank You podcast, I can't listen to it yet, genuinely too sad. Middle Jelly is devastated.

He was so much more than a manager. He just got what it meant to be Leeds and he delivered something magical. It just sucks. We have had some bad days as Leeds fans, that day at the EFL when we were close to ceasing to exist at all, when Ridsdale ruined us, but this is something bigger than that. He created a whole top down club. Those players would have died for him. To know he left the training ground in tears after wanting to say goodbye to them yesterday, and being told to leave because the new guy is arriving. Nuh. The board have screwed up. We don't forgive easily. It feels bad. The way he trudged off the pitch on Saturday. Imagine a sacking where the fans are upset rather than glad it has happened. That we wanted to say a proper goodbye.

We won't forget him and certainly not as easily as moving on and getting behind a new manager the same day.

He is adored and that mob in the board won't be forgiven easily. If we don't stay up there will be carnage.

Today Leeds play away at Leicester at lunchtime. Our board are lucky that it is an away game. Because the outrage about what they did to Bielsa is not forgotten.

A new era starts today but we haven't forgotten.

Lets see.

And I can't pay my little yellow and blue Leeds United hearts because they are now synonymousc with Ukraine.

But let's go Leeds. And I know we have some Leicester fans here. Let's hope it is a good game.

He could be back.

leeds-3-min.jpg

Let's hope it is a good weekend of fixtures for us all. Apart from our Leicester contingent of course. 👊🏻

Today Leeds play away at Leicester at lunchtime. Our board are lucky that it is an away game. Because the outrage about what they did to Bielsa is not forgotten.

Lets see.

And I can't pay my little yellow and blue Leeds United hearts because they are now synonymousc with Ukraine.

But let's go Leeds. And I know we have some Leicester fans here. Let's hope it is a good game.

He could be back.

View attachment 1103673

Let's hope it is a good weekend of fixtures for us all. Apart from our Leicester contingent of course. 👊🏻
Aye, may the best team win. Which, let’s face it, will probably be Leeds. We’re both very similar in the fact you never know which team will turn up on the day. We had an excellent win in the week but that means nowt for this season’s Leicester City 🥴

Reactions: 3
Aye, may the best team win. Which, let’s face it, will probably be Leeds. We’re both very similar in the fact you never know which team will turn up on the day. We had an excellent win in the week but that means nowt for this season’s Leicester City 🥴
I agree with you, I am so numb to Leicester scores now, I actually did give up 😂

• Heart
A trip for Anfield for us, couldn’t be less enthusiastic about it if I tried 🥴

Lets see.

He could be back.

View attachment 1103673

What are your thoughts on Jesse Marsch?

@MarthaFarkus I thought of you midweek when Leicester won, needed you to beat Burnley - was getting desperate 😂😂😂

• Haha
What are your thoughts on Jesse Marsch?
It is a new start, he deserves our support. I think Marcelo would even say that. But he will always be tainted by the way he was brought into the club.

i don't think he is any better than Bielsa. Far from it. But we have what we have. Time will tell.

i believe Bielsa would have kept us up.

It is a new start, he deserves our support. I think Marcelo would even say that. But he will always be tainted by the way he was brought into the club.

i don't think he is any better than Bielsa. Far from it. But we have what we have. Time will tell.

i believe Bielsa would have kept us up.
Yep, I think Bielsa would have kept you up. I think a lot of it is similar to Everton, we had awful injuries and still have got injuries and it really does play such a huge part in results and tactics etc hence why we’re both struggling how we have been.

Selfishly though I really need Leicester to win again today for my own sanity. We’ve got Spurs on Monday and I just have no idea what Spurs we will get.

Girl same! We’ve been tit lately. Feels a bit like the old West Ham but not quite that bad
No where near the old West Ham! I’m about to watch us in Europe, we’re playing tit but I started going to UP regularly while we were in the championship, we’ve got it made right now 🤣

• Haha
Not enjoying this..Brentford are playing a bit dirty.

Ps I hate VAR!

Also, I don't agree with leaving early but I might today!

Not enjoying this..Brentford are playing a bit dirty.

Ps I hate VAR!

Also, I don't agree with leaving early but I might today!
Really wanted your result to be a draw today 😳

That league table is stressing me out today.

could do with a Wolves and a Bournemouth goal to win 550 quid here 😂

Left at 67 mins, which is unheard of, when VAR disallowed our goal! I was amazed at how many other people left too, hopefully Delia will take note!

Reactions: 5
No where near the old West Ham! I’m about to watch us in Europe, we’re playing tit but I started going to UP regularly while we were in the championship, we’ve got it made right now 🤣
One of my earliest memories of football is us being relegated and my dad crying and burning his West Ham shirt. I don’t even know what year that would have been in but we always laugh about it now 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.