Club football

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel bad for Leeds (I was hoping they’d beat City) but they had a few players missing and City were in good form. I’m still thinking Chelsea will win the league.

Weirdly I fancy our chances against Brighton tonight, they’re missing their two main CBs so I’m hoping we can nick something from them…but Wolves rarely do things the easy way 🤣 so who knows.

Reactions: 2
Such a shame for his career to end this way. I understand he has to put his health first. Incredible player

Hope your fella is OK, @wordzalad! Glad we managed to hold on for 113th nail-biting minutes. Rúben obviously had his lucky headband on -- the pass for the goal was fab!

Reactions: 4
Messi has Saiss bedsheets pass it on 😁😁😁

Hope your fella is OK, @wordzalad! Glad we managed to hold on for 113th nail-biting minutes. Rúben obviously had his lucky headband on -- the pass for the goal was fab!
Haha BF is in a mood but he’ll live 🤣. He was going on and on earlier that they’d win and smash us lol!

Yesss what an assist!! 🤩🤩. It was sooo tense tho. Geniunely was on the edge of my seat through most of it!

Reactions: 1
Does anyone know what the rules are re: game cancellation because of a COVID outbreak? Is there a number of players from a team who have to be out? Recently Brighton v Tottenham (12th) Brentford v Man Utd (14th), Burnley v Watford (15th) have all been cancelled. The line taken in the latter game is that Watford had "an insufficient number of first-team players available to fulfil the match".

This BBC article explains why the Man Utd match was postponed - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59646845 - and acknowledges that Norwich players have COVID (we played Man Utd just before their players were diagnosed) yet our games have still gone ahead.

It can’t be one rule for the ‘big clubs’ and another for everyone else. Things are already stacked against the smaller clubs without an additional hinderance.

Does anyone know what the rules are re: game cancellation because of a COVID outbreak? Is there a number of players from a team who have to be out? Recently Brighton v Tottenham (12th) Brentford v Man Utd (14th), Burnley v Watford (15th) have all been cancelled. The line taken in the latter game is that Watford had "an insufficient number of first-team players available to fulfil the match".

This BBC article explains why the Man Utd match was postponed - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59646845 - and acknowledges that Norwich players have COVID (we played Man Utd just before their players were diagnosed) yet our games have still gone ahead.

It can’t be one rule for the ‘big clubs’ and another for everyone else. Things are already stacked against the smaller clubs without an additional hinderance.
I’m not sure if the rules are different, but for the Europa League they said as long as a team had 11 players including a keeper available they had to play their fixture, but could be different for the PL…

I’m not sure if the rules are different, but for the Europa League they said as long as a team had 11 players including a keeper available they had to play their fixture, but could be different for the PL…
It absolutely must be. According to their own site, Man Utd have 51 players in their squad - https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/man-utd-premier-league-squad-confirmed-for-2021-22. According to the Premier League site they have 37 - https://www.premierleague.com/clubs/12/Manchester-United/squad - so I cannot believe they did not have 11 (including a keeper) who were COVID free.

This isn’t ragging on Man U btw, just using them as an example. Tottenham also have 37 according to the Premier League site, Watford have 31. Norwich have 30 so the fewest and yet we still had to go ahead.

Reactions: 3
It absolutely must be. According to their own site, Man Utd have 51 players in their squad - https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/man-utd-premier-league-squad-confirmed-for-2021-22. According to the Premier League site they have 37 - https://www.premierleague.com/clubs/12/Manchester-United/squad - so I cannot believe they did not have 11 (including a keeper) who were COVID free.

This isn’t ragging on Man U btw, just using them as an example. Tottenham also have 37 according to the Premier League site, Watford have 31. Norwich have 30 so the fewest and yet we still had to go ahead.
I don’t have an answer, but I agree. Brighton asked for last nights game to be called off and the premier league told us no, meanwhile it’s possible our weekend game will get called off at Man United’s request. They have less players off with covid than we do- how does this make sense?

Also we have less off than Norwich do, don’t understand how that match was allowed to go ahead.

My thoughts exactly, United’s squad is huge they must have had 11 players available, even if they wouldn’t be first choice. It’s probably to do with money, less people would watch if United fielded a B team…

The premier league handbook says that a postponement won't be granted if the team has more than 14 first team players available. But in the same paragraph says that it is done on a case by case basis dependant on exceptional circumstances.

So basically we will make it up as we go along.

I think we have one of the smallest squads in the league - 19 players, so we'd 'only' need 5 of those to have covid. But we'd probably still be told to carry on and just let the waterboy play.

Reactions: 5
Last season Villa had the whole squad out with Covid/isolation. We still had to play a first team Liverpool despite requests to postpone. We fielded a mix of u18/u23s. Some of the players were getting picked up by their parents after the game!

Reactions: 6

PL rules state 14 players have to be available from what I read last week

We have 13 players with covid now, so I’m very glad our game with Spurs has been postponed. I can see the Christmas programme being decimated if this continues - for everyone.

We have 13 players with covid now, so I’m very glad our game with Spurs has been postponed. I can see the Christmas programme being decimated if this continues - for everyone.
I assume out match against Spurs on Sunday will be postponed. I was supposed to be at the match tonight and the Leicester one next week but I have Covid so can't go. Before I got my result I was already at odds whether to go. Numbers are rampant everywhere.

Rumours now that Virgil and Curtis Jones are both out because of Covid.

I think this is the last football game Liverpool will be playing for a while.

Last edited:
I assume out match against Spurs on Sunday will be postponed. I was supposed to be at the match tonight and the Leicester one next week but I have Covid so can't go. Before I got my result I was already at odds whether to go. Numbers are rampant everywhere.

Rumours now that Virgil and Curtis Jones are both out because of Covid.

I think this is the last football game Liverpool will be playing for a while.
Crappy isn’t it. I hope you get well soon 🤞🏼

• Heart
Rumoured Liverpool tonight - forgot to post earlier

Alisson, Robbo, Konate, Matip, Trent, Hendo, Thiago, Fabinho, Salah, Mane, Jota

I wish my team Everton would fake a covid outbreak tbh. Must be nice being Chelsea and having all that squad depth 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 At least our game vs Leicester is off, I wouldn’t be against a break in football for a few weeks - would allow us to get some players back. This is our “injury/sick” list

Coleman and Allan - on bench tonight so including them just for this reason
Richarlison
DCL
Mina
Digne
Townsend
Gray
Delph
Davies
Rondon
Sigurdsson (for obvious reasons)

That’s 12 players, I’ve never known an injury crisis like it. I’m genuinely worried we’re going to get relegated at this rate which is why I’d welcome the break to try and get as many of them back as possible.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.