Climate Activists

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just saw this on twitter, 10mph could do lots of damage still. What pillocks.

National Highways should reduce motorway speed limits to as low as 10mph when Insulate Britain protests on a carriageway, a member of the campaign group told the High Court.
She's an interesting woman

This is when the police, highways and government all need to say no, if you want to sit on the road like a dick then you and solely you take on that risk. If you don't understand that risk, do some reading.

Why should everyone else pander to their demands when one they won't let the likes of an ambulance though and they put themselves there. Get a job or a hobby.

Reactions: 6
'Speed limits should be 10mph during our protests.'

How about you don't act like utter pratts and don't sit in the middle of a road in the first place!

Reactions: 7
They've suspended their protests until the 25th but something like this was always going to happen - next time it might be worse.

The sad truth is I would bet good money that the driver ends up being charged with assault.

It’s a weird world we live in sometimes.

This is when the police, highways and government all need to say no, if you want to sit on the road like a dick then you and solely you take on that risk. If you don't understand that risk, do some reading.

Why should everyone else pander to their demands when one they won't let the likes of an ambulance though and they put themselves there. Get a job or a hobby.
For one or two of those protesters this is both.

Reactions: 1
The sad truth is I would bet good money that the driver ends up being charged with assault.

It’s a weird world we live in sometimes.

For one or two of those protesters this is both.
Or a lawsuit about the protester suffering from back injury now, can't work.Emotional distress etc.

Reactions: 2
True. I understand her frustration, but she lost it, and is now about to enter a world of pain.
Agreed. You can't just go round ramming people with an SUV, no matter how annoyed you are. She could easily be done for dangerous driving. Also her untaxed vehicle will have been reported hundreds of times today. If untaxed possibly uninsured as well? Her front tyres are completely bald in the middle. Obviously a very careful driver 🥴. Got herself into a bad situation.

Last edited:
  • Wow
I do feel sorry for her son, 11 year olds are cruel at the best of times and now everyone at school will have seen the video.

There have been some interesting discussions on Twitter with police chipping in regarding the woman nudging the protester with her car.
A few police officers whilst saying that blocking a public road is illegal, to drive at a protester then opens the driver up to prosecution so it is a bit of a 6 of 1 and half dozen of the other. Quite why the ER douche bags haven’t been arrested yet is beyond me!

• Wow
Reactions: 3
There have been some interesting discussions on Twitter with police chipping in regarding the woman nudging the protester with her car.
A few police officers whilst saying that blocking a public road is illegal, to drive at a protester then opens the driver up to prosecution so it is a bit of a 6 of 1 and half dozen of the other. Quite why the ER douche bags haven’t been arrested yet is beyond me!
The Police can say what they want.

If they fail to act, then they can't complain when members of the public step in to do what they should be doing in the first place.

The actions of that person trying to ram the protesters out of the way was probably brought on by the frustration of yet another protest blocking the road - and no swift action being taken to move it.

• Heart
The lady that bumped him with the car was trying to get her 11 yr old to school. Where is the sense in stopping children’s education? Don’t they want them to be educated? Don’t they want our future generation to have the tools to stop climate change?

I don’t know why I’m asking this.. they stop emergency services. One of them will get injured and an ambulance won’t be able to help them because of the blockade they have caused.. what then? Will they move out of the way to let an ambulance through for one of their own? Or are they happy to get injured or die for their cause? Because then we are getting down terrorist route.

(I didn’t sleep much last night my brain is reaching far haha)

Another day/week another day out for the numpties.

Come on Priti what is happening here.

I mean they don't even bother gluing their hands to the road any more.

I don't understand why the police aren't just turning up, lifting them all into a minibus, and then just dump them 50 miles away.

There's a few protesters from Bristol, at least one from Cumbria - and who knows from where else in the country. Surely it was be more environmentally friendly for them to block traffic in their own cities instead of repeatedly travelling down to London.

• Angry
Reactions: 5
Extinction Rebellion adjacent, but I didn’t realise that petrol producers are upping the production of plastic as fuel use for cars drop. Didn’t realise virtually no plastic can be recycled, even the stuff that’s marked as down for recycling:

Protestors are inconveniencing the wrong people, yet again :rolleyes:

I just dont understand why the police arent acting more forcefully - not to hurt them but to remove them and kettle them somewhere like they do on loads of other protests?

I just dont understand why the police arent acting more forcefully - not to hurt them but to remove them and kettle them somewhere like they do on loads of other protests?
The police are in a no win situation. All of these protesters will have phones and any action will be filmed, posted online, and spun anyway to suit the protesters ends. Then liberal bloggers will pick it up and hey presto you have heavy handed police brutality against nice people who just want to save planet. And this will reach the mainstream media and there will be calls for reviews and resignations. See the Sarah Everard vigil situation.

The police can only act proportionally and can't take tasers to non-violent protesters. God there were times I wish I could have! But no crime no grounds of arrest. And even if they are breach of injunction you can't just wade in with teargas.

Reactions: 4
Extinction Rebellion adjacent, but I didn’t realise that petrol producers are upping the production of plastic as fuel use for cars drop. Didn’t realise virtually no plastic can be recycled, even the stuff that’s marked as down for recycling:

Protestors are inconveniencing the wrong people, yet again :rolleyes:
It reminds me of 'donating' adult fast fashion. Charity shops have (almost) no need for the ultra cheap clothes because they use more shelf space than they're worth, so they either instantly (or in a week) go into the rag bundle which then gets sorted through and shipped to countries overseas and destroys their local clothing economy and, as the vast mountains of unsold clothes degrade, damages their health.

Yet it's touted to consumers as the environmentally friendly option, rather than reconsidering how many clothes they need to buy themselves. It has only got worse since Instagram took off, where influencers will wear an item one time, so hopefully these 'virtual fashion' companies will start becoming popular.

• Heart
The police are in a no win situation. All of these protesters will have phones and any action will be filmed, posted online, and spun anyway to suit the protesters ends. Then liberal bloggers will pick it up and hey presto you have heavy handed police brutality against nice people who just want to save planet. And this will reach the mainstream media and there will be calls for reviews and resignations. See the Sarah Everard vigil situation.

The police can only act proportionally and can't take tasers to non-violent protesters. God there were times I wish I could have! But no crime no grounds of arrest. And even if they are breach of injunction you can't just wade in with teargas.
I think it has now gotten to the stage whereby the majority of the public WANT heavy handed tactics undertaken. IB's antics have backfired on them and has just highly antagonised the wider public as a result.

The softly-softly approach just isn't working and the protesters know this.

Let them take legal action and fight it out in court. They are the ones in the wrong, the evidence is overwhelming to this fact.

Last edited: