Clemmie Telford #5 There once was an a-hole from Peckham who likes to buy houses and wreck’em

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Poor Celmbo, can't even talk about the horror of going over budget on a £1m+ house renovation. It's just so unfair isn't it Clemmie?!
Insufferable.You chose to buy a money pit , anyone else with eyes could see that it would be a huge financial drain.
Honestly she makes me fume!

Reactions: 10
Insufferable.You chose to buy a money pit , anyone else with eyes could see that it would be a huge financial drain.
Honestly she makes me fume!
I didn't see the original post but presumably she was inundated with plebs telling her how insensitive she was being. Us silly poor people don't know how hard she's had it apparently 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I didn't see the original post but presumably she was inundated with plebs telling her how insensitive she was being. Us silly poor people don't know how hard she's had it apparently 😂
The post was her complaining that they had gone over budget due to costs rising and they'd been unlucky with timing. Someone commented saying that she was lucky because she was able to own two properties and still had a roof over her head and was able to cover the basics. The other comments were all agreeing that inflation had done for her. It was only one comment, which she replied to saying she was going to take the post down because she knew she'd get comments like this, which stifle discussion. She wasn't discussing anything though, she was doing a 'woe is me' post. Completely tone deaf to complain that she had to cut back on renovations when people can't afford to eat

Reactions: 12
The post was her complaining that they had gone over budget due to costs rising and they'd been unlucky with timing. Someone commented saying that she was lucky because she was able to own two properties and still had a roof over her head and was able to cover the basics. The other comments were all agreeing that inflation had done for her. It was only one comment, which she replied to saying she was going to take the post down because she knew she'd get comments like this, which stifle discussion. She wasn't discussing anything though, she was doing a 'woe is me' post. Completely tone deaf to complain that she had to cut back on renovations when people can't afford to eat
Typical instatwat who doesn't like criticism 🙄

I hate it when they say people are stifling discussion or shutting things down.

No, what’s happening is people are saying things that you don’t want to hear so you throw a strop and delete it all.

They just want echo chambers.

Reactions: 18
I hate it when they say people are stifling discussion or shutting things down.

No, what’s happening is people are saying things that you don’t want to hear so you throw a strop and delete it all.

They just want echo chambers.
Exactly. The only one shutting down discussion is her because she didn’t actually want a discussion, she just wanted sympathy for her diamond shoes being a bit tight.

Also, calling it ‘a build’ 🤣 Calm down, Kevin McCloud.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
She's posting about 2 unemployed twats who just sold their house in London for 1 million and are going over budget on the reno of their second one. And she's hoping for understanding? I've said it before and I'll say it again, THIS is what annoys me the most. You're privileged that's great just enjoy it hun. But PLEASE stop trying to relate with anyone on money trouble because you have no idea what it's like.

Reactions: 13
a). Every project goes over budget because unexpected things pop up in old houses when you are doing them up.
b). Was it her who did the post about the homeless person in Peckham or DLAM? Whichever, they need to learn to read the room.
c). This woman has has everything handed to her on a plate and yet she still bangs on about 'overwhelm' and how hard her life is boohoo, shows absolutely no insight into her privilege (apart from saying "I know how privileged I am" from time to time. Newsflash: she doesn't). She should try living in a mouldy flat and having to exist on benefits like a large chunk of mums in this country.
d). The poetry.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
b). Was it her who did the post about the homeless person in Peckham or DLAM? Whichever, they need to learn to read the room.
It was her. They ‘ruined her vibe’ or something by being all poor and homeless and having addiction problems within 100 yards of a middle class person. How rude of them.

• Sad
My brother and I grew up in a poor family and we both made it to middle-class. He earns a 6 figures salary and I'm not far behind. None of us bought our first house before our 30's and none of us are even close to be owning a million worth of property. Yet we worked our asses off our whole life. I'm not complaining at all here but I just wish she understood that when you have no family money and have to work hard for everything you own, its just bleeping harder. Yet I know how privileged I am that i was born in a country that gave us a chance and also parents who gave us a great childhood even if we had nothing. I just have no time for moany, lazy, entitled, rich kids 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 16
My husband and I are both from relatively poor backgrounds - we weren’t deprived growing up but there is no family wealth and definitely no big inheritance for us. We have paid our own way at all times.

Despite both having good jobs and a decent income there is a growing gap between us and many of our friends who come from those backgrounds as they are paying off mortgages/buying big houses with inheritances. We’ll never be ‘equal’ with them. It definitely adds distance in previously similar lives and lifestyles.

If we were to get into serious financial trouble, we’d have to get ourselves out again. We probably wouldn’t recover in Thailand.

My brother and I grew up in a poor family and we both made it to middle-class. He earns a 6 figures salary and I'm not far behind. None of us bought our first house before our 30's and none of us are even close to be owning a million worth of property. Yet we worked our asses off our whole life. I'm not complaining at all here but I just wish she understood that when you have no family money and have to work hard for everything you own, its just bleeping harder. Yet I know how privileged I am that i was born in a country that gave us a chance and also parents who gave us a great childhood even if we had nothing. I just have no time for moany, lazy, entitled, rich kids 🤣
In my experience, people who earn privilege through sheer hard work are more likely to use their newly minted privilege to help others.

You’ll often find them volunteering, donating, mentoring and working in professions that make a difference.

I can’t, off the top of my head, think of one influencer who has significantly improved their position in life and now gives back generously. It doesn’t seem to be an occupation that attracts this sort of person. They either do well for themselves and become greedy, or they started out well off and simply can’t imagine struggling to pay the rent because doesn’t everyone just call daddy?

Come to think of it: Budget Clem mines the experiences and trauma of others for her content and doesn’t bother to pay them for their trouble.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Exactly, remember when Clembo was supposed to rough sleep one night with the homeless to raise awareness for a charity, got gifted a fancy sleeping bag to do so and didn't do it in the end because it was raining ? 😅

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
The fact that she didn't even proof read/edit any of the lists she was sent says everything about her. Oh, and flogging her IP and then grizzling about it. What did she think she was selling the daft mare?

Reactions: 6
In my experience, people who earn privilege through sheer hard work are more likely to use their newly minted privilege to help others.

You’ll often find them volunteering, donating, mentoring and working in professions that make a difference.

I can’t, off the top of my head, think of one influencer who has significantly improved their position in life and now gives back generously. It doesn’t seem to be an occupation that attracts this sort of person. They either do well for themselves and become greedy, or they started out well off and simply can’t imagine struggling to pay the rent because doesn’t everyone just call daddy?

Come to think of it: Budget Clem mines the experiences and trauma of others for her content and doesn’t bother to pay them for their trouble.
Other Clemmie actually used her free Water Aid trip as mitigation for her racism in her hearing. So that worked well for her.

• Wow
  • Sick
She did ? That was the most "white savior" charity trip I've ever seen lol

Reactions: 9
Yes. It was held up as a mitigation as part of the positive impact she’s made on midwifery.

e. Visiting Madagascar with WaterAid (for which she incidentally raised some £8,000) to raise awareness around World Hand Washing Day, carrying out physical labour work, volunteering in a midwifery clinic and working alongside midwives and health visitors in rural villages;

I do wonder what my friend, who is also a King’s midwife, and spends a huge unpaid chunk of her own time working in a clinic in the developing world every year, felt about this Insta-friendly family jaunt that so promoted midwifery. I wouldn’t want to put her in the awkward position of asking.

• Heart