Clemmie Telford #5 There once was an a-hole from Peckham who likes to buy houses and wreck’em

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Let's not get too far here, she is neither 🤣
She just doesn't have to work to feed her family therefore she was free to pursue her hobbies and passions, which were Instagram 😅
But you know what I mean right? In the limited confines of Instamum fame, Clemmie was right at the top when it peaked. She had a really successful blog (albeit one that copy and pasted other people’s writing with no copy editing or spellcheck 🤣) which turned into a book and a podcast. She’s been riding that wave as a talking head ever since - regularly appearing on panels, other people’s podcasts, and generally being a well known name, for YEARS.

Was it all artifice? She’s never made much money out of it but is rich enough to pursue these constant vanity projects without needing to work a 9-5 to pay the bills?

Reactions: 7
I wonder what her parents think about all this. They’ve bailed her husband out and he now loafs about the house looking pissed off all day, while she twats about on IG for a ‘living’. I wonder if they’ll have the balls to tell her no next time she goes for a handout, which will probably be to stop the house getting repossessed.

All I’ve learned from Poundshop Clemmie and Racist Clemmie is that an expensive private education is a monumental waste of money that churns out entitled tossers.

Reactions: 19
All I’ve learned from Poundshop Clemmie and Racist Clemmie is that an expensive private education is a monumental waste of money that churns out entitled tossers.
Not a single penny of any of their seemingly vast sums of money is well spent.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
They were close to bankruptcy because her husband used to own a business and fucked it into the ground, basically. He had a ton of debt and kept it secret from her and when she found out it nearly sunk their marriage. But luckily the Bank Of Mummy And Daddy bailed them out at the 11th hour. So to celebrate, and also recover from the extreme stress of almost being a bit poor by middle class standards, they went on a family holiday to Thailand for three weeks.

She wrote about all of this on her instagram. Talk about airing your dirty laundry.

Boggling that I, a complete and utter random on the internet, should know any of this deeply personal stuff. But whatever keeps that 'gram dolla flowing I guess? Selling every single detail about her private and family life really does seem like her only career option at this point.
Did she write a “list” about it to process the trauma 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Yeah I tried to find it with no luck, went down the rabbit hole of that time she had the same haircut as big dog Clemmie and got distracted. Please share if you're more focused then me in your search 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Yeah I tried to find it with no luck, went down the rabbit hole of that time she had the same haircut as big dog Clemmie and got distracted. Please share if you're more focused then me in your search 🤣
Please share the haircut!

The "financial crisis" post was from 17 Jan 2017 - easiest way to find is via Google. Look at some of the Instagram comments below the post 👀

The article was also posted on Huff Post website

Reactions: 2
The comments asking if she used a food bank 🤣 and the other asking how did she pay for her trip to Asia afterwards 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I can’t look at Mother Pukka without thinking that her husband’s surname is Farquharson and are any of them not rolling in family money? 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I honestly think there would be a really interesting thread in this. People could post about X influencer stating the proof of their rich background. So often influencers hide this and make out that they just got lucky. I think it would open a lot of people’s eyes and be good to have it in one place rather than buried in individual threads.

For instance: Clemmie Telford is so wealthy that she bought a house in Broadstairs before she’d sold her £1m house in Peckham.

Clemmie and Simon Hooper both went to private school.

Alex Stedman (the frugality) dad paid for her first property deposit and was a guarantor on her mortgage.

Etc etc. Could be a challenge to find an influencer without family money or an extremely well paid husband!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
They were bankrupt but did not sell their house. Its a version of bankruptcy I never heard of lol

Reactions: 9
"Our accommodation was free in Thailand (family lent it to us) so it was just the flights, which were cheaper than any uk holiday we could find. They were a stretch and maybe not a sensible purchase. But it was our way of marking a new chapter."

Fucks sake.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I honestly think there would be a really interesting thread in this. People could post about X influencer stating the proof of their rich background. So often influencers hide this and make out that they just got lucky. I think it would open a lot of people’s eyes and be good to have it in one place rather than buried in individual threads.

For instance: Clemmie Telford is so wealthy that she bought a house in Broadstairs before she’d sold her £1m house in Peckham.

Clemmie and Simon Hooper both went to private school.

Alex Stedman (the frugality) dad paid for her first property deposit and was a guarantor on her mortgage.

Etc etc. Could be a challenge to find an influencer without family money or an extremely well paid husband!
I agree. I think it’s a lot easier to devote your time to building up a following on IG and ‘creating content’ (🤮) full time when you already have money behind you and don’t have to worry about paying the bills. It’s especially true these days with the algorithm changes which apparently wants you to post a grid photo every day, plus make several reels a week and go live a number of times. Nobody with a full time job can commit to that sort of schedule. They’re also giving off the lie that if you’re an influencer, riches will fall into your lap and you’ll be able to buy a manor house in a couple of years purely through influencing money.

Having said that last bit, I think most sensible folk must realise that the bottom is falling out of the influencing market these days.
---
"Our accommodation was free in Thailand (family lent it to us) so it was just the flights, which were cheaper than any uk holiday we could find. They were a stretch and maybe not a sensible purchase. But it was our way of marking a new chapter."

Fucks sake.
Then again, if there are idiots who still fall for this bullshit, don’t question it and even defend it, they deserve everything they get. I mean to say, we all have family who have a holiday home in Thailand, and when the bailiffs came knocking coz couldn’t repay my Klarna account, I just took myself off on an exotic holiday coz I deserved it. Happens to the best of us and we’ve all been there at some point 🙄

How she still has followers is beyond me (unless they’re still there for the comedy value).

Last edited:
Reactions: 4