Clemmie Telford #3 Can't handle cash? Can't get pissed? Can't dress as an adult? Write a list!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have just listened to an old podcast where CT was a guest, for Anna Williamson in 2018. CT says she used to go to baby groups and see mums had lost themselves (what a sweeping generalisation, how could you know a stranger has lost themselves??). Anyway, she said she would look around and see that and they had “no sense of fashion”...is she kidding me?!! Coming from her, really???
Crikey, I know we can all fall into the habit of only ever dragging on a pair of leggings and a jumper when we have new babies and are sleep deprived, not to mention adjusting to a post baby body- but who is Budget Clemmie trying kid if she thinks her "trying to be edgy AF, but ended up looking like I got dressed in the dark" fashions are going to inspire people. I'd stick with my leggings and jumper!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
What’s with the craze for pink cord trousers? Budget Clemmie has some and so does En Brogue. Terrible idea in London and if you have kids and a dog.

Reactions: 2
I though she wasn’t showing her kids faces anymore? Greta wearing a nappy on stories..
she’s forgotten about that bandwagon already!!

Reactions: 3
8CD5AB91-FC46-4B6B-8E37-4E173B4F24AC.jpeg
This really irks me, it seems so many Instahuns are dyslexic. If you are you, do you not think you would use spell check? This is her business and she will happily berate the public (who are her business) than use bloody spell check!

Reactions: 11
View attachment 88409This really irks me, it seems so many Instahuns are dyslexic. If you are you, do you not think you would use spell check? This is her business and she will happily berate the public (who are her business) than use bloody spell check!
They’re pretending to be dyslexic because ‘lazy thickos’ doesn’t have quite the same ring to it. I have v close friends who are dyslexic, some of the children I work with are dyslexic, and they work really hard to present their work beautifully, using all kinds of strategies. But budget Clemmie is, let’s see: an alcoholic, riddled with anxiety, broke, wealthy, down with the yoof, totes middle class, hyper-organised, so thick she loses everything, has a deep and meaningful job, but only here for the lols, supports women, doesn’t credit women who tell her their very personal stories... hides her kids faces, shows her kids arses, can’t take criticism at all, can dish it out all day long, can’t declare ADs, needs to earn a living from ADs and nobody should raise an eyebrow. Read that in a Trainspotting Choose Life kinda way, and that’s what I gather about budget Clemmie, or as someone in here called her - The Steptoe of Instagram!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
She was banging on about her daughter being 100 mph like she does - i.e slapdash. Blame your many, many mistakes on that - the actual truth - rather than dyslexia which (as mentioned above) thousands of people manage with diligent strategies and triple checking. As usual doing the majority of sufferers a disservice.

View attachment 88409This really irks me, it seems so many Instahuns are dyslexic. If you are you, do you not think you would use spell check? This is her business and she will happily berate the public (who are her business) than use bloody spell check!
I just don’t believe her. I just don’t. I don’t believe FOD either.

Its like my mate Ian who used to say he was “allergic to beer” because he likes drinking white wine and in 1990s N Scotland that wasn’t the expected thing at all.

Incidentally Ian is not allergic to beer and now enjoys a Punk IPA as well as a nice Pinot Grigio.

No one should be shamed for having dyslexia or any other neurodiversity. However, having dyslexia is also not an excuse for being slapdash; because if that were the case people without dyslexia would never (or rarely) make mistakes... when in fact we make shitloads.
My husband and brother both have dyspraxia/dyslexia and both take tremendous care over written work - using strategies such as asking others to check, reading work aloud, using software - to try to avoid errors. They are both highly intelligent, incredibly articulate, smart, creative, successful people. My husband wasn't even diagnosed until he left school (the wonders of a private education...) and still found coping mechanisms whereas my brother was diagnosed at about 7 and had a statement of special educational needs throughout school so tends to cope pretty well. I know every person is different, but I've said it before and said it again: blaming errors that occur from being slapdash (and I make plenty of those errors myself!) on dyslexia give everyone with dyslexia a bad name and it's a pet peeve of mine. If someone who doesn't know much about dyslexia sees the instahuns going on about "oh this error and that error are because I'm dyslexic" then they're going to think all people with dyslexia make a ton of mistakes in even the simplest piece of writing when it's just not the case.

No one should be shamed for having dyslexia or any other neurodiversity. However, having dyslexia is also not an excuse for being slapdash; because if that were the case people without dyslexia would never (or rarely) make mistakes... when in fact we make shitloads.
My husband and brother both have dyspraxia/dyslexia and both take tremendous care over written work - using strategies such as asking others to check, reading work aloud, using software - to try to avoid errors. They are both highly intelligent, incredibly articulate, smart, creative, successful people. My husband wasn't even diagnosed until he left school (the wonders of a private education...) and still found coping mechanisms whereas my brother was diagnosed at about 7 and had a statement of special educational needs throughout school so tends to cope pretty well. I know every person is different, but I've said it before and said it again: blaming errors that occur from being slapdash (and I make plenty of those errors myself!) on dyslexia give everyone with dyslexia a bad name and it's a pet peeve of mine. If someone who doesn't know much about dyslexia sees the instahuns going on about "oh this error and that error are because I'm dyslexic" then they're going to think all people with dyslexia make a ton of mistakes in even the simplest piece of writing when it's just not the case.
Yes exactly. I think I’ve written this before, but I have a very close friend who’s dyslexic and when she was studying she would go to great lengths to make sure her work was checked for errors. I used to proofread all her essays. She was so concerned about presenting her work well that she would finish every assignment ahead of deadline so that there was time for me to read it and suggest edits.
It really isn’t good enough to throw any old tit up as content and then plead dyslexia. Also, dyslexia doesn’t excuse poor and sloppy research, or exploiting other people’s personal narratives for financial gain, or profiting from others’ pro bono work. The only reason for that is laziness and greed.

Also, didn’t someone write earlier in the thread that they worked for a publishers and read her book proposal, which by all accounts was scribbled on the back of a fag packet in crayon.
I mean, for fucks sake, if you were pitching a book deal would you not make an extra effort?

Did anyone see that she went to an event for Waitrose? Invited...really???? Why would Waitrose invite her??? Does she really mean (but won’t admit to) hounding them?

Did anyone see that she went to an event for Waitrose? Invited...really???? Why would Waitrose invite her??? Does she really mean (but won’t admit to) hounding them?
I saw that she was there because another person I follow, 2ho used to own two cafes, Was there and tagged her.

With a meal kit review like that, Gousto are going to be biting CT’s arm off to #collab.

10FD1AE9-B353-4E85-95D9-0FCF5EC6591C.jpeg

73B7359C-25EA-4E9D-8155-2103A119EB06.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
She is tone deaf in all areas of life, crashing through leaving a trail of havoc in her wake.

How could she think this was a good idea?

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.