Clemmie Telford #3 Can't handle cash? Can't get pissed? Can't dress as an adult? Write a list!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I posted on this thread that I’d been listening to Budget Clemmie’s podcast and how to be deaf, insensitive and attention seeking she comes across. I’ve now been listening to MoD’s podcast and (although she’s obvs vile for other reasons) to be fair she comes across really well, and at least she’s an expert in her field and deals with things sensitively and doesn’t make it all about herself. It really just made me realise how lame and desperate Budget Clemmie really is. I realise this makes me sound like MoD/Alice but I promise it’s not 😂

Tone deaf obviously!
I do agree with you. It’s a shame MOD got greedy and sidetracked. She did sound interested and sympathetic at least (even if she wasn’t really)
I listened to the CT one with Poorna Bell and had to switch it off. CT kept talking over her. Poorna was taking about turning to exercise after her husband died and she just seemed really insensitive.

Reactions: 6
Re the party, there’s a lot of speculation I suspect they just got there a bit early and it wasn’t quite open so she thought it would make a good story ie FOD hapless parenting. Or maybe grifting for a new watch 😀

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Re the party, there’s a lot of speculation I suspect they just got there a bit early and it wasn’t quite open so she thought it would make a good story ie FOD hapless parenting. Or maybe grifting for a new watch 😀
But she’s got that colour coded schedule. Surely this should not have happened. 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Yes I, too, discovered Tattle after CT mentioned it on her stories. It was here I learnt all about the buy buy buy culture and how it is affecting people.

I posted on this thread that I’d been listening to Budget Clemmie’s podcast and how to be deaf, insensitive and attention seeking she comes across. I’ve now been listening to MoD’s podcast and (although she’s obvs vile for other reasons) to be fair she comes across really well, and at least she’s an expert in her field and deals with things sensitively and doesn’t make it all about herself. It really just made me realise how lame and desperate Budget Clemmie really is. I realise this makes me sound like MoD/Alice but I promise it’s not 😂

Tone deaf obviously!
I have too and I agree tbh. I actually enjoyed MODs podcast. She had a flair for chatting on it because it was her bread and butter. She’s missed a trick there now by spoiling it all. Maybe another midwife will come and along and launch one! The CT one I listened to (I am not sure I can bare to put myself through more than one), was the one she interviewed MOD and FOD together. She is not a natural podcaster and should stop!

Also that was another exemple of great stories. A picture of Rachel who passed away followed by a pizza party 🤦‍♀️
Have you seen Grace (KissCub) stories referring to people doing this? She didn't say CT specifically but no doubt she wasn't the only one. Glad someone called it out because it is just so disrespectful and shallow.

Reactions: 4
On the dog walking story she didn’t hide any of her kids’ faces. Yet on the birthday party stories she only hides their faces - wtf?
Dim.
As an aside, since i started posting here and have had my eyes opened to the buy buy buy bullshit - I haven’t bought a single thing all of January. And that really unusual for me. Normally I’d have splurged on some fast fashion tat by now. Gonna keep it up.

Reactions: 9
Have you seen Grace (KissCub) stories referring to people doing this? She didn't say CT specifically but no doubt she wasn't the only one. Glad someone called it out because it is just so disrespectful and shallow.
I haven’t and it seems her profile is private but yes this is so shallow, especially when you just post a picture without writing anything else.

I haven’t and it seems her profile is private but yes this is so shallow, especially when you just post a picture without writing anything else.
Ah ok it didn't used to be private. Her point was that the Instagram train never just stops for a bit, even an evening, so when someone posts a photo of someone who has died how can they then stick up stories of other stuff straight after that photo. I agree. It devalues and disrespects. It's like it is just shoved in and then oh here are some ads or whatever else right after. CT did it with the Australian bushfires and then followed right after by some stupid crisps freebie she got. Like seriously! Sorry bit of a rushed ramble of a reply!

Reactions: 2
Thankfully, I missed the pizza birthday party postings. Re hair washing, if I was going to the gym like she does then showering and hair washing would be a priority. She also didn't mention how long she's went without showering or a bath. I can't imagine talking a shower and not washing my hair whereas I can imagine taking a bath for other reasons, like an Epsom salt soak, and not washing my hair. But her hair colouring root growth actually makes her hair look greasy. Unless you have physical problems that make hair washing or bathing difficult, then to go a week or more seems very odd. I noticed Katie Piper left a comment saying she went for 10 days without washing her hair.

Thankfully, I missed the pizza birthday party postings. Re hair washing, if I was going to the gym like she does then showering and hair washing would be a priority. She also didn't mention how long she's went without showering or a bath. I can't imagine talking a shower and not washing my hair whereas I can imagine taking a bath for other reasons, like an Epsom salt soak, and not washing my hair. But her hair colouring root growth actually makes her hair look greasy. Unless you have physical problems that make hair washing or bathing difficult, then to go a week or more seems very odd. I noticed Katie Piper left a comment saying she went for 10 days without washing her hair.
I wash mine every other day but shower every day, I just tie it up on the non hair wash day in the shower. They say it is better to leave your hair unwashed for longer but I just can't, it looks better freshly washed. But yes gym and hair washing go hand in hand. Sweat in your hair just isn't nice. A friend of mine washes hers once a week and it looks just fine.

Reactions: 1
Clemmie’s mistake is thinking that she has trained her hair to be washed once a week. She hasn’t. She has trained herself to accept lower standards. The two are very different.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
The thing is, your scalp is skin, just like all the other skin on your body. It needs to be kept clean. Imagine not washing your hands or face for a week. I don’t understand how you can ‘train’ your scalp to produce less oils and sweat. Like someone else said, she’s just training herself to give less of a tit.

Exactly this. While it's true that overwashing hair (and using the wrong products) can make your hair dry (and make your scalp produce excess oil to combat the fact it has been stripped of its natural oils) - you can also wash it too little. Your scalp absolutely needs to be kept clean and by not cleaning it you can end up with a build up of dead skin cells and, well, dirt and sweat.
I can stretch my hair to maybe 5 days without washing but it looks horrific and I end up using loads of dry shampoo so I only do it I'm at a festival.
I know everyone is different but I'm not sure why anyone would go a week or more without washing their hair if they had access to proper washing facilities - especially if their hair doesn't look great when it's unwashed.

The thing is, your scalp is skin, just like all the other skin on your body. It needs to be kept clean. Imagine not washing your hands or face for a week. I don’t understand how you can ‘train’ your scalp to produce less oils and sweat. Like someone else said, she’s just training herself to give less of a tit.

To be fair, many women with Afro texture hair wash their hair once a week or less (google 'wash day' for more info). The texture is quite different so there's never a greasy, unwashed look like you might see in other hair types.

Exactly this. While it's true that overwashing hair (and using the wrong products) can make your hair dry (and make your scalp produce excess oil to combat the fact it has been stripped of its natural oils) - you can also wash it too little. Your scalp absolutely needs to be kept clean and by not cleaning it you can end up with a build up of dead skin cells and, well, dirt and sweat.
I can stretch my hair to maybe 5 days without washing but it looks horrific and I end up using loads of dry shampoo so I only do it I'm at a festival.
I know everyone is different but I'm not sure why anyone would go a week or more without washing their hair if they had access to proper washing facilities - especially if their hair doesn't look great when it's unwashed.

It’s her voice, what even is it? She sounds like she needs her adenoids removed, I struggle to understand her a lot of the time. She just comes across like an idiot... the subtitles on her recent stories on hair washing were so dreadful and didn’t match what she was saying. Just really sloppy. I was really laughing at her covering her own children in the stories, we’ve seen them a million times! Yet some poor child attending the party is shown!!

Reactions: 3
It’s her voice, what even is it? She sounds like she needs her adenoids removed, I struggle to understand her a lot of the time. She just comes across like an idiot... the subtitles on her recent stories on hair washing were so dreadful and didn’t match what she was saying. Just really sloppy. I was really laughing at her covering her own children in the stories, we’ve seen them a million times! Yet some poor child attending the party is shown!!
That's why I was saying somewhere else that I couldn't listen to her podcast, she doesn't have the voice for it.

I feel like she forgets all the bandwagons she jumps on and ends up being inconsistent (like with the vomit phobia she suddenly had)

Maybe she could keep track.. Maybe.. I don't know.. Maybe... a list? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I've read about the no shampoo movement, but don't those people actually rinse their hair with water?

I feel like she forgets all the bandwagons she jumps on and ends up being inconsistent (like with the vomit phobia she suddenly had)

Maybe she could keep track.. Maybe.. I don't know.. Maybe... a list? 😂
Or a coloured coded calendar /schedule type thing?

I know I keep banging on about the Calendar
but it made me lol.
Sorry I can’t come to that meeting on that day or in fact any other day of that week because of my PMT. Jeez. And to broadcast it to her followers and potential clients!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.