Classic Coronation Street

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the writers made a mistake splitting up Mike and Alma. They were a very interesting couple.
From memory this is the start of CS decline. Characters aren’t as rounded as before. Yes there’s a lot of great stories to come but from now on it seems to try and copy EE.
Sally and Kev were probably the first long term couple to be split up. Followed by Mike and Alma, Gail and Martin, then Janice and Les.

The trend has followed since, with no married couple lasting more than a few years before they are split up for whatever reason - usually an affair.

A long and lasting marriage is non existent in modern day soaps.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Sally and Kev were probably the first long term couple to be split up. Followed by Mike and Alma, Gail and Martin, then Janice and Les.

The trend has followed since, with no married couple lasting more than a few years before they are split up for whatever reason - usually an affair.

A long and lasting marriage is non existent in modern day soaps.
Youre so right, I was just trying to think who actually stayed together, Jack and Vera!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
How many times has Steve Mcdonald been married now? I've lost count.

The character is still in his 40's but has been married more times than Joan Collins. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 9
How many times has Steve Mcdonald been married now? I've lost count.

The character is still in his 40's but has been married more times than Joan Collins. :ROFLMAO:
Let me think. Vicky, Karen, Tracy off the top of my head but I feel like there are more.

Reactions: 3
Youre so right, I was just trying to think who actually stayed together, Jack and Vera!
The trend nowadays is definately marriage, then be split up within two years. I can't name any characters in any of the soaps that have a long term marriage.

Let me think. Vicky, Karen, Tracy off the top of my head but I feel like there are more.
Becky?

Who is he married to now?

Edit: Six times!! (as of 2018)

Highly unrealistic!!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Nobody has a good word to say about Anthony Cotton! And yet, he's still employed. What I want to know is what kind of scurrilous gossip he surely must have on the higher ups!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I don’t know anyone who likes Sean/Anthony. It is strange he’s still in it

Reactions: 6
I stopped watching Corrie for years, so I missed Karen McDonald, the new Platt children, Fizz, kirk, Maria and so on. It will be intersting to see their debuts in the show. I agree with many others, who have said that this was the start of the decline in quality.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.