Clancy Burke

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel so bad for Zach after watching that. You can just tell he loves the life he’s carved out for himself in Cinci. He’s got friends, he’s got family, and he’s got a really well-balanced life.

I can’t imagine what her content will look like. Honestly I think the Jamaica vlog kind of lays it out. Clancy will continue to eat oatmeal and plain sandwiches, and then they’ll find a gym to go to.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I feel so conflicted about this change. On one hand, I think it's good she left a station/job she wasn't totally happy with (you could really tell her last station was much better, I miss seeing those colleagues!). Life's too short to stay in a toxic environment, and I think she might eventually go back once to reporting her YT channel loses steam. She mentioned wanting to stick to the morning shift if she returns, which makes no sense to me if it's so hard on her body, just do daytime or nighttime? Why is she so weird about that?

I think for normal people this plan sounds fun and great timing before they get married, kids, between jobs, and Zac can work remote. But they're not typical people lol Clancy is so uptight about everything, Zac is not into this plan AT ALL even though I think it'd be good for him to experience something new outside of Ohio, she's not very adventurous and won't try new things -- she said she'll go to new restaurants if she can order the same exact thing and Zac even joked about so many chicken sandwiches lol. What kind of boring ass travel vlogs will these be? I want to see new spots, foods, places, adventures. I just don't think she has the personality to pull this off.

Reactions: 3
I feel conflicted too LOL! I am happy she's leaving that environment but I think she took a full swing on the pendulum from working a ton to vlogging full time. I think she wanted to quit her job and become a full time influencer, but if she just stayed in Cinci she wouldn't have anything to film *except gym, oatmeal, etc*. So, she convinced Zac to do this crazy travel thing so she would have something to "do" for work and film... But I don't think that will keep her busy, as she's coming from working so much before!! I wish she was starting some kind of side hustle or something. The travel thing will probably eat enough time up before the wedding/buying a house where she'll have more content I suppose.... They kept mentioning kids, which I can't imagine would be soon.... but who knows!!

I have a homebody, type A personality (and kinda boring diet lol) literally just like her, and I know I would not be cut out for this type of thing... but she needed content to film, so I'll probs be watching haha.

I agree with you guys! You're right – she is only deciding to travel to make "exciting" content and Zac is being dragged into it. She probably saw the feedback that her recent Saturday vlogs have been getting. It's the same repetitive, boring tit. She is going to go crazy with all the extra time on her travels. Remember, Clancy does not like to spend money too. So how will this play out? Traveling = spending money and eating a lot of extra calories. Two things Clancy hates.

It's going to cost money to go to museums, eat out, breweries, go to national parks, sightseeing, shopping etc. I can see her staying in the Air B n B most days to avoid going out and spending money😅

And yeah, as soon as the wedding gets closer she knows she'll have exciting content like buying a house, pregnancy announcement, birth video etc. I bet she'll pop out kids soon for more money. If you don't know what I mean just watch The Dad Challenge Podcast on YouTube. He goes over how family vloggers pimp out their kids for money. We'll see if she becomes one of those.

In the meantime, she's going to post click-baity titles on her travel vlogs like: "We got mugged." "Our car broke down! "We slept on the street!" "All my money is gone!" Which in turn will all be nothing, just Clancy being dramatic. Also, of course, she's keeping the cities a secret each month as a "surprise." Dragging this out = More money for her on YouTube

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Clancy is a very selfish person, I give Zac about three months before he gets homesick. What an awful way to live out of a suitcase, not appropriate for a 30 year old who wants to buy a house and start a family.. if needed content they could have moved for 3 months at a time or something more reasonable.

^Exactly!! Yeah if you put it in perspective, Zac is 30 and wants to settle down and buy a house. Clancy is being selfish. She’s acting like she’s some 18 year old going on a gap year, backpacking. If she wanted to travel she could have studied abroad or something.

She’s doing it cause she has no job and needed the content. On her Instagram stories today, she was showing off all the shopping she did and saying how relaxed she is. That’s going to get old really quick.

I don’t see her as the type to wonder around a city alone while Zac works all day. As much as she says she’s independent, she isn’t. At least socially. Will she be going to museums by herself, parks, sightseeing etc. solo? No. She’s not going to want to go without Zac.

Now I wonder how much she makes annually on YouTube for her to quit her job…

I wonder too!! She must make a couple thousand per month and then I’m sure she’s going to connect with an agency or something who can get her paid brand deals. I mean I’m guessing she was at least making $50k before since when she said in one month last year she made on a viral YouTube video half of her news reporter salary.

I just think you nailed it when you said this plan will involve her to do fun things alone, extra calories and spending money — all things I’m sure it’ll take her a while to get used to… 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 1
Watching her new vlog right now and she once again mentions drinking/partying and how much she'll be able to enjoy it. I'm sorry but regardless of what job you have, realistically speaking, how many of us are able to go out and stay late that often? There are schedules, housework, hobbies, etc. It just feels weird to me giving so much importance to nightlife.

Nightlife? She is so boring, I think she has two vodka waters max when drinking. Seems like a low calorie option. I can see her exercise/restrictive eating flourishing as part of her new routine as she has nothing better to obsess over!

I'm midway through the new vlog and something dawned on me... Does anyone else think the amount of time she spends vlogging during her workday is obscene? I'm not talking about the: "oh let me quickly film my live report" or "here's me at a fun event." I'm talking about the fact that she sits down on her kitchen counter and tells stories/life updates while she's technically on the clock. If someone added up the amount of time she vlogs instead of working, I bet it would be astronomical.

Maybe the same coworkers who tried to get her in trouble for her channel also felt that way. Maybe they were annoyed that she's technically moonlighting during her shift and not really working...

Also, I know Clancy has been reporting for 5 years and is good at her job. But she would vlog just MINUTES before going live on the air. When I was a reporter, I was trained to stand in your place for at least 20 minutes before your live shot, and rehearse your script and pay attention. You need to take it seriously because you're going on the air with no teleprompter in front of you! She always is gabbing to her camera for her YouTube channel, minutes before going on Live TV. My former news boss would have had me fired if I wasn't solely focused on my upcoming live report. Very unprofessional of her.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
It feels like she's suddenly trying to do a 180 and go from being really structured and disciplined to relaxed based on her last vlog. She really doesn't strike me as someone who would put her social life/sleep before her career, so I'm just surprised. She's the one who has to wake up every day and do whatever job she has, so the decision should be up to her, but I can't help but feel like after a month of a more relaxed schedule, she'll want to go back to work.

It feels like she's suddenly trying to do a 180 and go from being really structured and disciplined to relaxed based on her last vlog. She really doesn't strike me as someone who would put her social life/sleep before her career, so I'm just surprised. She's the one who has to wake up every day and do whatever job she has, so the decision should be up to her, but I can't help but feel like after a month of a more relaxed schedule, she'll want to go back to work.
100% agree with the fact it's her life and she do what she wants! But I bet it will be fun for Zac for a couple weeks (if that) to have her home during the day... but then at some point I'm sure he's gonna be thinking, ok... would be nice to have some alone time! I think Clancy would benefit from finding a remote, flexible job that she enjoys (her friend Gaby does influencing life stuff, but also works in social media for a college!). I think that would give Clancy the structure she will need! Would be interesting to see if she pursues something like that- -and would add spice to her vlogs!

To me, her news reporting was always the most interesting part about her channel. (I think I found her from her blooper videos, lol). I thought it was interesting seeing the lifestyle and everything that went along with being a reporter. Without that, I’m not sure how interested I’d be.

To me, her news reporting was always the most interesting part about her channel. (I think I found her from her blooper videos, lol). I thought it was interesting seeing the lifestyle and everything that went along with being a reporter. Without that, I’m not sure how interested I’d be.
I agree BottleBlonde, that was the only thing that was interesting to me too. I don't think I'll be watching either..

Her newest video is so boring. Mostly her talking at the camera about editing her vlog and she also tells a story about how naive she was fresh out of college and congratulated someone on their demotion. She also complains about how much influencers actually have to work!

Zac also is going to be going to the office more often😂 maybe to get away from her

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I agree with BottleBlonde, Clancy definitely made it sound like she hated her job. That’s fine, but she certainly didn’t convey that in her videos. I know she had issues with the hours and that’s perfectly understandable. This behavior seems out of character for someone so frugal and worried about money. So now she either has no health insurance or is having to pay for it herself. Not to mention she seemed to be very good at her job. I really thought she had a shot at making it big.

This new video made it sound like she absolutely HATED her job.
Right?! It just feels like a 180 because the announcement to her followers was very sudden. I know she said that she was thinking about leaving her job for a while but wanted to be respectful and stay invested until her contract was up, but I remember so many times before on her channel she would say she never wants YouTube to be her full time career.

Does anyone else feel like she’s sending mixed signals about whether she wants to return to reporting? Like she says that this is just a break and give the impression that she’ll go back eventually but then talks about how much hated the hours (totally reasonable) then says that morning reporting is the only news she wants to report on
I wonder if she’ll go back to reporting after this trip is done or go into something else like PR

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.