Clancy Burke

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Typical YouTuber trying to drag out big announcements. 1:30 pm EST and still no video and she’s quiet on social. Meanwhile everyone already knows 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I can't believe Clancy ate so many sweet potatoes it made her skin orange, like what!!

Maybe now she's left Local 12 she won't hold so much back, we'll finally see a bit more substance to her and she'll speak her mind more. But, I still think it's a terrible idea. The first video I watched of hers was the whole "my 2am morning routine" or whatever, and I think the unusual lifestyle she lives because of her job is one of the main draws to her channel. It'll be interesting to see where this goes.

I can't believe Clancy ate so many sweet potatoes it made her skin orange, like what!!

Maybe now she's left Local 12 she won't hold so much back, we'll finally see a bit more substance to her and she'll speak her mind more. But, I still think it's a terrible idea. The first video I watched of hers was the whole "my 2am morning routine" or whatever, and I think the unusual lifestyle she lives because of her job is one of the main draws to her channel. It'll be interesting to see where this goes.
I agree the video screamed of I've so much privilege I can afford to have a work gap year(s) to discover myself, yawn. Meanwhile in the real world people have no choice but to go to work and still can't afford to have a comfortable life.

Also I hated the story about the photographer who peed himself on location, poor guy but of course Clancy made it all about her. Miss 'I hate being the centre of attention' yeah right!

Reactions: 2
I just found this forum, and I enjoy watching Clancy but I have this theory that I feel is so obvious si I’m wondering if I’m the only one who can see it coming!!

She has to be quitting her TV news job soon and doing YouTube fulltime/ becoming an influencer. She has mentioned several times but things are coming and the PTO she was taking is probably just her using her vacation before quitting in April!

She also just posted that soon all her work dresses will be for sale on Poshmark… She also showed on her to do list that she needs to get health insurance, and do a photo shoot, and get a new iPhone. It all seems to add up!! Maybe they’re gonna move too?

Anyone else notice these things? It’s clear she doesn’t really like her job any more.
Want to give a shout out to this post because if it wasn’t for that I never would have saw this coming 😂

Very interesting video, and to hear some behind-the-scenes stories of the usual office politics etc.

Definitely Zac’s influence that encouraged her to make the decision she never would have done that herself. However knowing now how she didn’t like the environment in Local 12 it makes Zac’s short lived career there even more confusing 😂

I think a lot of her subscribers like her because she has a full time job and lives a fairly normal life and that’s unusual to see now on YouTube. Intrigued to see what the travel plans are, and how it will affect her channel

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I stopped watching her ages ago however I did like her videos because they were different however when they moved apartments it just turned me off. The behind the scenes videos at work was also interesting! Now she will just become another boring lifestyle vlogger. They all succumb to it!

absolutely love Clancy deciding that Local 12 had bad vibes because that poor guy peed his pants while she was doing her serious story 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I agree that the pee story was so IRRELEVANT. There has to be more to the story. I'm a former TV news reporter who left the industry as well. So I get where she's coming from about quitting. There's actually a mass exodus of journalists leaving the business for a number of reasons. Clancy is such a people pleaser too, so the thought of someone disliking her probably was something she was never used to. I wonder which reporters tried to rat on her. 😂

ALSO, I laughed at the part where she said paying a buyout to exit her contract would have cost her "thousands upon thousands of dollars." First of all, any lawyer will tell you that those contracts do not hold up in court. Many people have left the biz without paying and no one comes after them. I was able to negotiate my buyout down to a fraction of what my TV station originally tried to get me for. So I ended up paying $1,000 but it was worth EVERY penny. With the amount of money Clancy mentioned she made in one month on YouTube, she could have paid out her contract 30 times. She's so cheap and such a rule follower lol.

I really do think this decision, though is mostly for Zac. She even said before she met him, she really had no social life. Now things are different.

She calls it a break but I doubt she will go back in the business. I was a morning reporter too, and wouldn't dare to go back to those hours. Especially if they have kids in a few years, that will make it tough. If anything, I can see her doing lifestyle reporting or something cushy.

Unless her travel vlogs are miraculously interesting, this is going to be a big shift in her YouTube channel...

Reactions: 4
Sara I have really enjoyed reading your insights! I'm sure reporting is no different from other office cultures, there is jealously and some people will just not like you. Clancy is so sheltered and has lived a privileged life. Zac may regret pushing for a normal life as being a character in a family vlog is far from normal! Also I don't think Clancy will deal well with a lack of structure, Zac will be on the receiving end of that!

Reactions: 1
Sara I have really enjoyed reading your insights! I'm sure reporting is no different from other office cultures, there is jealously and some people will just not like you. Clancy is so sheltered and has lived a privileged life. Zac may regret pushing for a normal life as being a character in a family vlog is far from normal! Also I don't think Clancy will deal well with a lack of structure, Zac will be on the receiving end of that!

Thank you! I've enjoyed all of you on this thread. You are right, it's going to be very interesting to see how their relationship plays out with all the changes. Zac never strikes me as someone who would be into family vlogging, but I guess bossy Clancy wears the pants in their relationship.

I'm assuming they won't be buying a house and will just air b n b their way throughout the country for the time leading up to the wedding. I'm just not sure what Clancy will do all day while Zac works remote. Vlog her travels? She's so boring and hates spending money. Also, a few weeks back she mentioned some type of upcoming project with Canva. I guess we'll see what that's all about.

Agreed!! I am curious if it will be a podcast or if they’re working with a brand or something!? Her bio is now “Happy to be here” on IG- I doubt that’s a clue or the name of her biz but who knows!!

I wish I could see the clip from Local 12 of her leaving! (Is there a site where you can watch archived broadcasts?) I feel like they talked about her travel plan we just didn’t get to hear!!

I was trying to find the clip too! I checked Local 12's Youtube page as that's where most news stations' videos automatically go to. But no luck. It's nowhere on their website either. Weird because I would assume Clancy would want to save that clip as a memory.

All someone needs to do is clip the video and post it. People used to call my station all the time, asking for us to put specific news clips on the website. If you guys want, I can always call Local 12 and pretend to be a viewer and ask them 😅

Watching her video now! I lowkey felt so bad for Zac during it-- he literally said he got dragged into it. He was saying he was excited but he made so many comments.... 😂

Reactions: 4
I just can't picture them as the adventurous, spontaneous couple they are trying to be right now. Also, imo a big part of their relationship so far has been the factor of alone time - Clancy's schedule, Zac's trips, her hanging out with her brother, him going out with his friends, etc. Them being glued together pretty much 24/7 will be a huge test for their relationship. As for Clancy's videos, I really don't think travelling will do much for the channel. I subscribed for her TV news reporter/work content and regular vlogs don't excite me.

Wow, Zac does not seem excited about the idea at all. I know their relationship is talked about a lot here but he never seems very enthusiastic and just seems a bit annoyed by her presence in videos.
You’d imagine it must be different off camera cos the snarky comments all the time would get annoying real quick.

Clancy says they are very active, outdoorsy people but all she shows is her going to the gym and the occasional bike ride? I really don’t know how her Monday - Friday is going to look when Zac is working but I guess it’s a change from the usual oatmeal content lol. Also Zac’s comment about how he likes restaurants more than Clancy… like no tit she’s the plainest eater ever 😅

I used to like Clancy, I found her videos refreshing and different. The routines and “week in my life” always drew me in. The vlogs during COVID were interesting too…but lately her videos became SO stale. It wasn’t any action shots or anything just her talking at the camera.

The new direction her channel is going…I’m not so sure it’ll draw me in. What will she do all day while Zac works? She won’t be filming/editing all day if she is only posting twice a week. And she quit her job right before summer, so she is basicslly taking a summer break. I don’t doubt the work that goes into making YouTube videos, it’s not easy to edit and film, and it’s very time consuming but just quitting your job to do…nothing? I think that’ll get old for her after awhile. Having no structure, no one to please, and just be a homemaker essentially…

I wanted to comment and ask her “so if Zac is working during the day… what will you be doing then??” 😅 Not a good look after she got heat for saying that stay at home wives/women back in the day did *nothing* so that’s why they cooked for their husband LOL. I agree with you I think she’ll get bored and need to find something purposeful to do other than workout and read?! I do think she’ll do sponsored brand deals so I can’t wait watch her cook a Hello fresh meal haha.

Wonder what she’ll do between now and August when they move?? That’s kinda a while, I thought it’d be sooner. Any guesses where they’re going??

I used to like Clancy, I found her videos refreshing and different. The routines and “week in my life” always drew me in. The vlogs during COVID were interesting too…but lately her videos became SO stale. It wasn’t any action shots or anything just her talking at the camera.

The new direction her channel is going…I’m not so sure it’ll draw me in. What will she do all day while Zac works? She won’t be filming/editing all day if she is only posting twice a week. And she quit her job right before summer, so she is basicslly taking a summer break. I don’t doubt the work that goes into making YouTube videos, it’s not easy to edit and film, and it’s very time consuming but just quitting your job to do…nothing? I think that’ll get old for her after awhile. Having no structure, no one to please, and just be a homemaker essentially…

Yeah Zac seemed visibly upset/anxious in the announcement vlog!! All those sarcastic joking comments are certainly coming from somewhere. Extra time with Clancy is going to get to him. There might even come a point where he gets fed up with her sitting around, talking to a camera all day. While he works a full time job.

I was a little sad for him honestly. He has all his friends and family in OH and he even said it’s going to be a huge adjustment.

And yeah, what will she do from now until August. I thought they would be going sooner too. Interested to see how the unemployed life goes for her.

My guess is they’re definitely going to Charlotte, NC first. She asked for recommendations a few month back and she said it’s somewhere her and Zac both have been to. I think Neal used to live there? Poor Neal by the way! I wonder how he feels lol.

Also, when they said The goal was to have friends visit once a month, that seems kind of unrealistic. They’re going to both have to branch out of their comfort zone to make friends.

Also, when they said The goal was to have friends visit once a month, that seems kind of unrealistic. They’re going to both have to branch out of their comfort zone to make friends.
Yeah I think they’re not understanding how difficult it is to make friends in new places especially if you’re just there for a month…how will they meet people? Most of my adult friends are people I met at work or friends of friends. They seem to think they’ll find a community in every city. Zac has a lot of friends in Cinccy, Clancy has Jenna, that’s about it. None of her videos are ever of her going to lunch with friends or anything so I think for her it won’t make a difference but poor Zac is leaving all his friends behind

Yeah I think they’re not understanding how difficult it is to make friends in new places especially if you’re just there for a month…how will they meet people?
And that's with covid being gone. Could you imagine moving from city to city with restrictions (which is a very realistic possibility during autumn/winter) and even lockdown? It's hard enough meeting people as is, let alone with social distancing.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.