Clancy Burke

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else watch Clancy Burke here? She's a morning news reporter for a local channel in the US and I find her vlogs really interesting.
She comes across aa quite down to earth and I think it might be because her dad is from a small town (Mayo) in ireland.
Her youtube videos go back over 10 years!

Reactions: 3
Aw no one has replied but I do! Must admit I'm not an avid watcher and only watch a few of her videos but I like what she does. I think it's great that she said she doesn't do YouTube for money. I think she will always keep her job because it's her dream. Plus, her relationship with Zach is so sweet!

Oh a thread! I used to really enjoy Clancy, but these past few moving vlogs kind of tipped me over the edge. Zac (Zach?) did all the work, and it’s pretty obvious it stressed him out. He had spent the week (or few days) moving bits and pieces over while still working. Yet Clancy brushed all that aside and told everyone to look at her Apple Watch to see the calories she burned on moving day. Honestly Zach is the only reason I watch the vlogs now — he’s got a great personality!

Then, there were the Trump playing cards on the ground. Clancy has deleted every single comment asking about them, even just the ones politely wondering. I don’t know if she’s trying to hide the fact that she’s republican, but she’s been VERY vocal about it on her blog, saying she didn’t know whether she was voting Trump or Clinton. I just find it kind of deceitful. I used to wonder why I never saw any comments less than 99% positive, but I guess now I know why.

Oh a thread! I used to really enjoy Clancy, but these past few moving vlogs kind of tipped me over the edge. Zac (Zach?) did all the work, and it’s pretty obvious it stressed him out. He had spent the week (or few days) moving bits and pieces over while still working. Yet Clancy brushed all that aside and told everyone to look at her Apple Watch to see the calories she burned on moving day. Honestly Zach is the only reason I watch the vlogs now — he’s got a great personality!

Then, there were the Trump playing cards on the ground. Clancy has deleted every single comment asking about them, even just the ones politely wondering. I don’t know if she’s trying to hide the fact that she’s republican, but she’s been VERY vocal about it on her blog, saying she didn’t know whether she was voting Trump or Clinton. I just find it kind of deceitful. I used to wonder why I never saw any comments less than 99% positive, but I guess now I know why.
In the run up to the 2020 election, there was a video where she was talking to her mother on the phone about the fact that she had had a political argument with her brother. Clancy’s mother appeared to be on Clancy’s side of the political issue but it was never revealed exactly who thought what.

Given that Clancy’s brother is a soldier, I always assumed that he was pro-Trump and that Clancy wasn’t. However, isn’t the news company she works for pretty conservative? Who knows…

In the run up to the 2020 election, there was a video where she was talking to her mother on the phone about the fact that she had had a political argument with her brother. Clancy’s mother appeared to be on Clancy’s side of the political issue but it was never revealed exactly who thought what.

Given that Clancy’s brother is a soldier, I always assumed that he was pro-Trump and that Clancy wasn’t. However, isn’t the news company she works for pretty conservative? Who knows…
I don’t think I watched that one. Could they be varying degrees of republican maybe? I find most families all skew the same way politically speaking. Looking back, it doesn’t surprise me Clancy leans right. I do wonder about Zach though.

Reactions: 1
I don’t think I watched that one. Could they be varying degrees of republican maybe? I find most families all skew the same way politically speaking. Looking back, it doesn’t surprise me Clancy leans right. I do wonder about Zach though.
Maybe you’re right. I found the Trump/Clinton blog mentioned earlier in the thread and she goes on about Hillary‘s emails. I don’t think she is particularly politically enlightened.

I can also recall Clancy reading Ronan Farrow’s book about a year or so ago. Probably an unlikely read for a supporter of Mr Grab Em By The Pussy.

I think that, because of her job, she would never be able to properly to declare a political allegiance anyway.

———
I stopped watching her videos last autumn because I felt they were becoming a bit samey. She always seemed quite ambitious about moving upwards to different media markets but I take it that plan is now shelved given that her boyfriend works for her current company?

I feel like she ultimately sees herself reporting for a New York, New Jersey or Philadelphia station rather than in Middle America.

Maybe you’re right. I found the Trump/Clinton blog mentioned earlier in the thread and she goes on about Hillary‘s emails. I don’t think she is particularly politically enlightened.

I can also recall Clancy reading Ronan Farrow’s book about a year or so ago. Probably an unlikely read for a supporter of Mr Grab Em By The Pussy.

I think that, because of her job, she would never be able to properly to declare a political allegiance anyway.

———
I stopped watching her videos last autumn because I felt they were becoming a bit samey. She always seemed quite ambitious about moving upwards to different media markets but I take it that plan is now shelved given that her boyfriend works for her current company?

I feel like she ultimately sees herself reporting for a New York, New Jersey or Philadelphia station rather than in Middle America.
You might be onto something. When explaining the playing cards she mentioned she was pretty central. I initially thought that was just her covering for being a republican, but maybe it’s true. Maybe she just…doesn’t really bother with it all? Which is fine. Not everyone has an interest in it. And considering she has to cover it every four years, perhaps it’s just exhausting spending more time thinking about it. Ah well.
I only watch her occasionally now. For me it was the holier than thou attitude that did me in. Clancy has a kind of “not like other girls” (or other vloggers) vibe and that bugs me. She’ll talk about how different she is or how “oh I don’t like it when influencers do XYZ”. It gets old.

as for settling down, I agree she probably wants (or wanted) to go back to her own coast. But I find Clancy is someone who values stability, and a big move is way too stressful for her. Just moving from one apartment to another (within the same complex no less) was a huge ordeal. Now that Zach works with her, I see them settling in.

Reactions: 2
I didn't know her did was Irish.

I watch her sporadically. She seems interesting and down to earth.

Her make-up skills are awful though. Her face always looks like it's painted on and the shade she uses is either too light or too dark. Aside from that, she's interesting, but I wouldn't watch her videos on the daily.

Just joined to respond! I've thought about this too and I agree, it's unclear where Clancy stands politically, but maybe she really just votes with her conscious and who she feels will do the best job. She did write this article in 2016 about her being a republican but being pro-choice, so it sounds like she's more a republican based on her upbringing but doesn't agree with all the party's beliefs. But who knows, I have friends from college who were fairly conservative but changed their mindset through the years. I'm curious about her brother though, I know he was in the military but in one video, I think he was driving her to the airport, he listing why he disliked living in N.C. and it included some fairly "left" leaning reasons (racism, sexism, etc.). So I'm not sure where either stands but I'm glad I'm not the only one wondering!

Anyway, I loved the makeup video with Bob! She should mix it up and do more vids with guests because they do get really repetitive (idk how many chocolate oatmeal breakfasts and chicken/avocado/sweet potato fries lunch preps I can watch anymore...). And does anyone else feel her and Zac are a bit passive aggressively rude to each other? Maybe it's just how they show affection?

Anyway, I loved the makeup video with Bob! She should mix it up and do more vids with guests because they do get really repetitive (idk how many chocolate oatmeal breakfasts and chicken/avocado/sweet potato fries lunch preps I can watch anymore...). And does anyone else feel her and Zac are a bit passive aggressively rude to each other? Maybe it's just how they show affection?
I’ve always found them really passive aggressive. ESPECIALLY when gift giving season rolls around. Christmas videos are painful. Zac tries to be thoughtful. Clancy hates it. Clancy gives something practical to Zac. Zac hates it. They need to just make each other a list.

And their food looks so blaaaaand. I’m sorry Clancy!! But no seasoning on the chicken? Plain potatoes? Bringing your own oats to Jamaica? It doesn’t make sense, unless there’s a history of issues with food. Pretty sure you’re not allowed to diagnose on this forum (and I wouldn’t anyway, cause it feels wrong on so many levels). But something seems off there.

Oh I'm so glad there's finally some activity on this thread! I loved Clancy to begin with but there are little things she does that annoy me so much. What really got me was the almost endless moaning when she got sunburnt, and yet she got sunburnt again a few weeks later... Then there was the fiasco of the sunglasses she bought for Zac's birthday where the obvious solution was to just contact the company and explain the situation?!

Honestly I just think she's really sheltered, she always makes such a big deal out of little inconveniences.

They are completely passive aggressive to each other, I bought 5 bananas this week but you ate 4... Clancy has some strange rituals around food, she says she has always been healthy but these started in her mid-teen years as everything is archived on her channel. There was serious restricting of food groups and excessive exercising and this has continued to a greater or less extent from then.
Candyclouds is so right to say she is sheltered she was completely over the top about having to spend two nights in a noisy hotel in which you had pay for wifi and go to reception for filtered water... so the alternative was to disrupt her brothers soccer match to collect her and then pay something like 80 dollars for an uber to get back to the wedding venue!
Now Zac is really sick, weird that after being at a wedding with no face coverings, no social distancing and a huge group all dancing/hugging together... And now the horror he has made Clancy sick and they have no morning reporter on the news channel for two days, OMG the world is ending! Did we mention that they are passive aggressive 😏

They are completely passive aggressive to each other, I bought 5 bananas this week but you ate 4... Clancy has some strange rituals around food, she says she has always been healthy but these started in her mid-teen years as everything is archived on her channel. There was serious restricting of food groups and excessive exercising and this has continued to a greater or less extent from then.
Candyclouds is so right to say she is sheltered she was completely over the top about having to spend two nights in a noisy hotel in which you had pay for wifi and go to reception for filtered water... so the alternative was to disrupt her brothers soccer match to collect her and then pay something like 80 dollars for an uber to get back to the wedding venue!
Now Zac is really sick, weird that after being at a wedding with no face coverings, no social distancing and a huge group all dancing/hugging together... And now the horror he has made Clancy sick and they have no morning reporter on the news channel for two days, OMG the world is ending! Did we mention that they are passive aggressive 😏
Making Neal come back to pick her up was absolutely ridiculous. Sometimes spending the money is worth it, in this case she should have just paid for the wifi and bought either bottled water or a brita pitcher if possible and sucked it up. It's rude to make her brother come get her and then she had to take an uber back anyway. Neal was 100% justified in his reaction/response to forgetting her keys. You're also not going to die without wifi for a day, just watch tv or read a book. It's not an everyday thing so she shouldn't feel bad about spending the money. She makes a big deal out of nothing sometimes, she needs to learn about priorities.

I did appreciate in today's vlog she was honest about her migraine and feeling terrible for a week. I'm glad she didn't just put on a façade and pretend everything was fine when it's totally okay to NOT be okay! She needs to be more honest about her feelings and opinions on things, but maybe she needs to be so neutral because of her job? I hope she feels better soon, she probably does need to diversify her diet.

Definitely should diversify her diet, air fried chicken for both lunch and dinner most days, weird. I also find it strange that her allergies relate to 'unhealthy' foods.

(I haven’t clicked on any of her videos in ages because every one looks the same)

(I haven’t clicked on any of her videos in ages because every one looks the same)
I can confirm they are the same! Making a big deal out of very minor inconveniences. Her brother is the only good thing about her vlogs but he rarely appears.

Of course she has a vitamin deficiency, she basically only eats like 5 things! She's also turning orange again, she needs to cut out the sweet potatoes. Can also confirm, all videos are the same cooking, makeup, outfit, worrying about minor stuff, some interesting news stories. It's a shame because I actually like her and think she's a good, funny editor! When she has vacation content she does a good job, and I also like Zac vlogging. I think she would benefit from posting 2-3 vlogs a month max and doing some day trips on her free time.

How do you all feel about Neal? I think he's pretty rude, but I can tell he cares about Clancy and Zac, so I guess he's alright.

How do you all feel about Neal? I think he's pretty rude, but I can tell he cares about Clancy and Zac, so I guess he's alright.
I think it is because he doesn't like her constant vloging when trying to relax, spend time with them. I find his realism funny in contrast to Clancy's PG content!

I feel like all her vlogs are complaining anymore. Plus of course she has low B12 she isn't eating B12. Then she claims she eats a lot and has some random disease. Also, low B12 can digestive issuses. I don't think she has all these intolerances like she thinks..

I don't see her relationship working out either but hope it does. :/

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.