Christmas Work Parties

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I went to a works Christmas party quite a few years ago held at a local pub
I was new in the job at the time and didn't realise we all had to pay for our own dinner so at the end of the night I went waltzing off to get my lift home when someone came running down the street after me to remind me not so quietly that I had to pay for my dinner before I could go home that was the first and last time i ever went 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I hate sitting through a dinner with people I couldn't care less about, and trying to pretend at being jolly. Luckily I'm good at being fake.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
We have ours next week and I'm dreading it. I already tried to tell my very overbearing co-worker I didn't want to go, my excuse being I didn't like the menu choices but she wouldn't take no for an answer 😡

Reactions: 2
Had an off-work party with my old colleagues the other day. Was much better. Luckily our place isn't throwing one this year so can just go on leave for Christmas in peace.

We have ours next week and I'm dreading it. I already tried to tell my very overbearing co-worker I didn't want to go, my excuse being I didn't like the menu choices but she wouldn't take no for an answer 😡
That's ridiculous. You have no obligation to go. Perhaps you are ill on the day?

Reactions: 1
We've not had a party this year, just went for a drink after work which is much more my thing these days.

I wasn’t going to go to mine, went and got far too drunk. Have spent all weekend wondering whether I’ve said something I shouldn’t have to someone. Not worth the anxiety it causes. I’m not going next year 🤣.

Reactions: 4