Christmas watch 2022

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do love buying for people but I hate the expectations and how much there is to buy for. One year my MIL said our presents weren’t thoughtful enough because we got them a hamper :ROFLMAO: FFS. Didn’t put much thought into it to be fair but it was a nice hamper.

At least my side of the family just buy for the kids. Much easier.
That's usually what I get for my parent's 😂 they seem to enjoy their hampers, my dad's a nightmare to buy for so their hampers is made up of, pj's, slippers, food, drink, bath stuff, little £10 voucher of certain stores, they adore it

Reactions: 5
That's usually what I get for my parent's 😂 they seem to enjoy their hampers, my dad's a nightmare to buy for so their hampers is made up of, pj's, slippers, food, drink, bath stuff, little £10 voucher of certain stores, they adore it
Now that does actually sound thoughtful. I may have just bought a pre-filled one from a hamper website 😂

Reactions: 2
My family spend about the same amount on each other (apart from my mum I spend more on her obv)we do sometimes give hints if anyone is stuck on what to buy for someone.

Now that does actually sound thoughtful. I may have just bought a pre-filled one from a hamper website 😂
Lol I used to look online at the premade ones but they would probably only like around half of the stuff so I'd rather do a DIY one an make it full of stuff they like, I just go to asda or tesco an fill it up with the little cheap cakes and snacks an some drink, by the time I've bought everything from places like there an b&ms an home bargains I've prob spent around the same as the premade ones but it's full of stuff somtimes double the size of what they like

Reactions: 4
Lol I used to look online at the premade ones but they would probably only like around half of the stuff so I'd rather do a DIY one an make it full of stuff they like, I just go to asda or tesco an fill it up with the little cheap cakes and snacks an some drink, by the time I've bought everything from places like there an b&ms an home bargains I've prob spent around the same as the premade ones but it's full of stuff somtimes double the size of what they like
Do you get that hamper back every year too? It’s much more resourceful creating a hamper yourself. Snaps for snips!

Do you get that hamper back every year too? It’s much more resourceful creating a hamper yourself. Snaps for snips!
I don't get hampers myself no, I wouldn't mind them honestly, I think they are a pretty good idea but I do have a amazon wish list an I make sure to keep it full of pretty reasonable priced things, I know a lot don't like to ask me what I want so having the wish list is the next best thing an I really don't mind what they spend or get from it, I've a ton on there that's all under £5 so usually they just get from there

But yeah I love diy gifts, I feel its better money wise if you just make things up yourself since you have the opportunity of going wherever, I've even done DIY holidays for my folks for presents like gotten flights from one place an a last minute hotel from another place an looked up transport etc an packaged it lal together for them, it can be more hassle but in the end I can save a few hundred, I got them a weekend in Ireland with flights, hotel an transport in the city centre all for under £200

Reactions: 1
That actually sounds like a really nice idea!

Is anyone currently getting asked what they want for Christmas and struggling to come up with ideas?
It’s so hard when you’re an adult take me back to the days of circling Barbies and bikes in the Argos catalog.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Is anyone currently getting asked what they want for Christmas and struggling to come up with ideas?
It’s so hard when you’re an adult take me back to the days of circling Barbies and bikes in the Argos catalog.
My mum keeps asking me for my birthday and Christmas! Having looked around smyths lately with my kids, I really want a cat vs pickles toy in cow design 🤣

• Haha
I love the build up to Christmas, the twinkling lights, Christmas movies, TV show Christmas specials, hot chocolates, visiting family and friends, shop window displays, mince pies, my little tree that sits on my sideboard with decorations that don't match and come from the 1960's to modern day, the table runner that was my Nan's. But I can't stand Christmas day, it always seems such a let down and I can't stand people showing off the piles and piles of presents on social media.
We have our Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve then have a fry up after stocking opening(my mum and I still do each other a stocking with our favourite chocolate bars in, favourite body sprays/perfume, novelty socks etc) on Christmas morning. Then it's nibbles for the rest of the day. We always buy twiglets, pringles, a nice tin of mark's and Spencers biscuits. I buy myself an individual portion of Christmas cake and a nice box of mince pies.
This year I am giving my niece and two nephews £10 each as they are ungrateful gits and never thank me for birthday/Christmas presents and I'm not wasting my time looking for something for them and spending more money on them when they are not grateful. My son always writes thank you cards or rings/messages people after he has received something. Doesn't take much to say thank you

• Heart
Reactions: 13
When my mum and dad ask me I usually send them a link to something homeware that I have had saved on my Instagram wish list 🤣 last year they got me pillar candle holders from the white company. I rarely end up buying the stuff I save so it’s nice to get it bought for you 😂

I love the build up to Christmas, the twinkling lights, Christmas movies, TV show Christmas specials, hot chocolates, visiting family and friends, shop window displays, mince pies, my little tree that sits on my sideboard with decorations that don't match and come from the 1960's to modern day, the table runner that was my Nan's. But I can't stand Christmas day, it always seems such a let down and I can't stand people showing off the piles and piles of presents on social media.
I completely agree. Christmas Day itself is terrible, but the month run up is very magical.

• Heart
yes I've said some Lush bath bombs. :ROFLMAO:

We have our Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve then have a fry up after stocking opening(my mum and I still do each other a stocking with our favourite chocolate bars in, favourite body sprays/perfume, novelty socks etc) on Christmas morning. Then it's nibbles for the rest of the day. We always buy twiglets, pringles, a nice tin of mark's and Spencers biscuits. I buy myself an individual portion of Christmas cake and a nice box of mince pies.
This year I am giving my niece and two nephews £10 each as they are ungrateful gits and never thank me for birthday/Christmas presents and I'm not wasting my time looking for something for them and spending more money on them when they are not grateful. My son always writes thank you cards or rings/messages people after he has received something. Doesn't take much to say thank you
Noticed all the adverts for Christmas fairs are starting to pop up, if they're done right they're much better than the actual day as well.

I’m very excited for Christmas this year! We are having pie and mash instead of a roast for Xmas lunch as can’t be bothered with the stress of cooking.

Last year we had some truffle flavour crisps from Waitrose and I still think about how nice they are, really hope they are back this year. Anyone seen them before I make the trek?

I usually do a Christmas Eve box for my daughter, just things like a book and a cookie making kit so we have some nice activities to do in the evening that don’t just involve tv, otherwise she would never go to sleep!

Reactions: 6
I’m very excited for Christmas this year! We are having pie and mash instead of a roast for Xmas lunch as can’t be bothered with the stress of cooking.

Last year we had some truffle flavour crisps from Waitrose and I still think about how nice they are, really hope they are back this year. Anyone seen them before I make the trek?

I usually do a Christmas Eve box for my daughter, just things like a book and a cookie making kit so we have some nice activities to do in the evening that don’t just involve tv, otherwise she would never go to sleep!
Love the idea of pie and mash! I'm just doing vegan sausage, roasties and some veg with gravy this year. Only me I'm making it for so pointless going all out!

also those crisps are on their website so I assume they'll be in stores fairly soon

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.