Christmas watch 2022

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Holiday
Elf
The Grinch
Arthur Christmas
The Christmas Chronicles
Gavin and Stacey Christmas Special's
The Simpsons Christmas Episodes
πŸ€ΆπŸŽ„πŸŽ…

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Christmas films/programmes

Scrooge the musical (the Albert finney one)
Muppets Christmas Carol
National lampoons Christmas vacation
Planes, trains and automobiles
Black Adder (Christmas one)
Gavin & Stacey Christmas special
Scrooged
The Santa Claus movie (1985)
Gremlins

Surprised no-one has mentioned Die Hard yet πŸ˜„πŸ§‘β€πŸŽ„πŸŽ„
Great list!
Die Hard always makes it onto our tv at least twice during the festive period, as does Assault on Precinct 13 πŸ˜†

Reactions: 2
The Holiday
Christmas with the Kranks
Miracle on 34th street
And then me and my mum always watch all the Bridget Jones on Christmas Eve so they always make me feel christmassy
Christmas with the Kranks is my favourite christmas movie ever, I cry at the end everytime without fail :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The greatest store in the world too! Used to always be on CBBC round Christmas time then I found it on YouTube a few years agoπŸ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Christmas films/programmes

Scrooge the musical (the Albert finney one)
Muppets Christmas Carol
National lampoons Christmas vacation
Planes, trains and automobiles
Black Adder (Christmas one)
Gavin & Stacey Christmas special
Scrooged
The Santa Claus movie (1985)
Gremlins

Surprised no-one has mentioned Die Hard yet πŸ˜„πŸ§‘β€πŸŽ„πŸŽ„
The Albert Finney Scrooge is my mum's favourite film and when we were little, if my brother or i were poorly, didn't matter what time of year, she would get the video of it out and put it on.

The greatest store in the world too! Used to always be on CBBC round Christmas time then I found it on YouTube a few years agoπŸ˜‚
Really liked this one, will see if it is still on you tube

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I think Christmas is getting out of hand.

Pre-Christmas:
I am being inundated with adverts for advent calendars. In the past, there were chocolate ones for kids.
Now it is all the hype for adults as well:
- A "tea" calendar with 25 tea bags for 15 pounds. I could buy 20 tea bags for 3-4 pounds.
- "Jewellery" calendars for a few hundred quit.
- "Cosmetics" calendars for between fifty and several hundred quit. They are a bargain as they are worth so much more - as if 25 different miniature sized assorted items would be helpful to anyone.
- High end sweets - for three to four times the normal price of the sweets

And now "Christmas boxes"?

Christmas:
- Christmas outfits
- Christmas food
- Piles of presents

Post-Christmas:
- Detox sets
- The sale
I'm not that old but I'm old enough to remember being a kid and just having advent calendars with little pictures to see each day. It seems like stuff with actual gifts is de facto for the kids (and also for the adult ones) whether chocolate or something else. I even came across a listing on Paperchase for their non-chocolate advent calendar which they billed as 'healthy eating' but it was stationary and bits of jewellery; you can't even just have pictures in your advent calendar if you want to avoid chocolate it has to be little items. There are probably tons of kids who had toy advent calendars so they had about 24-25 toys before Xmas even starts.

EDIT: Here's the Greatest Store in the World my brother and I saw it in 1999 when it was first broadcast.

Reactions: 10
I'm not that old but I'm old enough to remember being a kid and just having advent calendars with little pictures to see each day. It seems like stuff with actual gifts is de facto for the kids (and also for the adult ones) whether chocolate or something else. I even came across a listing on Paperchase for their non-chocolate advent calendar which they billed as 'healthy eating' but it was stationary and bits of jewellery; you can't even just have pictures in your advent calendar if you want to avoid chocolate it has to be little items. There are probably tons of kids who had toy advent calendars so they had about 24-25 toys before Xmas even starts.

EDIT: Here's the Greatest Store in the World my brother and I saw it in 1999 when it was first broadcast.
Me and my sister loved this film!

Reactions: 1
I’ve never heard of the film, I was 14 in 1999 though so maybe it’s a case of coming out at the wrong time for me but thank you whoever brought it up first as now I have a new film to watch with my kids πŸ™ŒπŸ»

I’m looking forward to the Christmas coffees at the coffee shops starting and the little sandwich shop near work is starting their festive baguettes next week.

Reactions: 7
Yessss!!! Me and My Sis knew this word for word! We had it recorded on VHS - off to find it kn YouTube now! 🀣πŸ₯°

I’m looking forward to the Christmas coffees at the coffee shops starting and the little sandwich shop near work is starting their festive baguettes next week.

I love a festive meal deal!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Spotted my first decorated house today, never seen one this early before! I mean I love Christmas but we've not even had Halloween ffs πŸ˜‚

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I've had people around my area I kid you not had their trees up since September πŸ˜‚
Do these people not get bored of the decorations and if they have kids surely they get fed up of waiting for Christmas?! My nan and grandad, when my mum and her brothers were little, used to put the tree and decorations up Christmas Eve night once the kids were in bed.

Reactions: 4
Decorations are good when people know what they're doing but I find most look fairly tacky. Especially when it turns into people trying to outdo each other

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.