Christmas watch 2022

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Decorations are good when people know what they're doing but I find most look fairly tacky. Especially when it turns into people trying to outdo each other
The funniest thing for me is, the ones that try to look nice often look tacky. I love tacky decorations but I’ve noticed my tacky decorations like Santa stickers etc actually don’t look as tacky as the the stuff that people put out trying to look nice

Reactions: 3
Do these people not get bored of the decorations and if they have kids surely they get fed up of waiting for Christmas?! My nan and grandad, when my mum and her brothers were little, used to put the tree and decorations up Christmas Eve night once the kids were in bed.
I've had family put Xmas stuff up 1st November an then by December comes they are complaining an moaning cause the kids are driving them nuts an they are fed up with it all then take it all down on boxing day, an am just sitting like why do it then, ours goes up mid December like around 14th/15th an down first few days in January an it's enough for me

Reactions: 1
The funniest thing for me is, the ones that try to look nice often look tacky. I love tacky decorations but I’ve noticed my tacky decorations like Santa stickers etc actually don’t look as tacky as the the stuff that people put out trying to look nice
I have some really old decorations and then try and buy a special one at a market/fair each yr. How do people feel about the donut, avocado baubles etc that are in the shops?. They just don't do it for me 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 4
I have some really old decorations and then try and buy a special one at a market/fair each yr. How do people feel about the donut, avocado baubles etc that are in the shops?. They just don't do it for me 🤷‍♀️
I hate these kind of decorations, so tacky and there’s nothing festive about them

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My children get a new Christmas ornament each year, its so hard to keep them away from the tacky ones 🤣 we try to do it so each year's one resembles their interest that year

• Heart
My mothers secretly been watching the Christmas films on Netflix. She’s on it this year, it’s amusing at first and then it gets a little annoying. Bless her.

im currently burning a pine wax melt, I’m slowly getting there.

Reactions: 5
Called into Boots and they have Yankee candle gift sets at half price.

And on the topic of baubles, I like to buy three "posh" ones at half price from our garden centre each year. You know the ones I mean - they cost an arm and a leg but look fab on the tree, so three a year soon adds up. 😀

I love sentimental decorations. We have some that we’ve had since I was a baby. I’m not into the avocado or ones like that.
When I mean tacky I mean like Santa head to toe, mis match chaos. Not a perfectly neat tree with a colour scheme

Reactions: 4
Just made my first Christmas decoration purchase 🙊 I got 3 of these Christmas tree candles from H&M home 🎄

D1111F8F-7858-468D-94BE-A1F051C2C415.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 16
We had a debate in work last night about the best Christmas song.
I voted for Fairytale of New York
A colleague voted for Band Aid - do they know it’s Christmas?

Would any one like to either settle the debate or throw a spanner in it and give me what you believe is the best Christmas song?

I agree with Fairytale of New York

I am partial to a bit of Mariah Carey- all I want for Christmas is you as well 😇

Just made my first Christmas decoration purchase 🙊 I got 3 of these Christmas tree candles from H&M home 🎄

View attachment 824421
Oooh love these.

Would any one like to either settle the debate or throw a spanner in it and give me what you believe is the best Christmas song?
Deffo not Fairytale of New York I'd vote Slade Merry Christmas everyone.

Rocking around the Christmas tree by Mel and Kim 🤣 absolutely love it!! I even requested it when in hospital on Christmas day to be played on the hospital radio 😂 I do love the original too but the Mel and Kim one is fab!!

Rocking around the Christmas tree by Mel and Kim 🤣 absolutely love it!! I even requested it when in hospital on Christmas day to be played on the hospital radio 😂 I do love the original too but the Mel and Kim one is fab!!
That is an excellent song!!
The other two contenders on our list were merry Christmas everyone by shakin stevens and I put forward last Christmas by Wham

I love the Mariah Carey one, but if you watch the video it actually grinds on me how many times she waves at the camera 🤣 I can’t unsee it

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.