Christmas present moans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'll have the Raffaellos thanks. I love them. I hate Rocher though :sick:



Did you get Martin Shaw for Xmas? He was on my wishlist, but sadly Santa didn't deliver 😢
I didn't get Steve Austin or Dave Bautista either (another year of bitter disappointment 🤣🤣) but I loved what I did get so all good 🤣🤣
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 4
I really loved my presents from my mum and I always always put the most effort into my mums, I bought her gazelles (he favourite trainers - personally hate them haha), 2 benefit sets, some gorgeous earrings from the dogs lol, a few jumpers and a shaket , things she uses throughout the year that I know she stresses over affording and a few other bits like pjs, Lindt slippers etc... I feel pressured to make more effort as I have two spiteful brothers who buy their girffriends, no joke, Apple watches, designer shoes, stuff from flannels etc and get my mum gets absolutely nothing or a Baylis and Harding set from tesco. I watch her cry on the lead up to Christmas spending her wages on all their kids and then her actual sons 💔I don’t usually gift with my older brother but this year I thought i would, I bought him a £50 bottle of aftershave and he bought me and my mother a Baylis and Harding little girl gift set covered in llamas 🙃. He always says he doesn’t know what to get EVERY YEAR so he’ll just get this for Christmas then something ‘proper’ for her bday in January 2nd (he never ever gets her anything, not even a card) My other brother didn’t even send my mum a Merry Christmas until 3pm 😡 (she messaged him at 7am lol).

It really really
Bothers me because she is very nearly 60 and won’t be here forever and I feel like they already act like she isn’t.
Sounds like my brother. He's 28 and an absolute cat. My parents will and do do anything for him, as they would for all of us children if we let them yet he does sod all for anyone, if only the bare minimum, unless he gets something out of it. Makes me rage. He didn't bother making an effort for Christmas this year as per - no gifts or even just wishing anyone a Merry Christmas, no gratitude to our parents for the sack load of presents they bought him. Again, rage.
 
  • Sad
  • Like
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
A friend gave me a key chain in the shape of a snow flake that doubles up as a bottle opener. Sadly, it is too weird to even regift.
I wonder why such things are even produced.

I got her a recipe book and a hardcover bestseller.
Have a closer look at the weird snowflake, I bought them for stockings for people to leave in the glove box just in case, it's a 18 in one multi tool. Could be handy one day.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 10
Have a closer look at the weird snowflake, I bought them for stockings for people to leave in the glove box just in case, it's a 18 in one multi tool. Could be handy one day.
^Don't say this I want the snowflake 🤣 I want it even more if it's a multi tool!
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 12
I’ve just got back from my mother in laws. Good lord I’ve got some rit. Because if the Friends latte glasses weren’t enough, have two Friends mugs as well. And an age 13-14 Friends hoodie (because I can wear it cropped like they do on Instagram. I’m 32)
Oh and I posted early on in the thread I expected Body Shop from my sister in law that I can’t use, you guessed it, I got a load of the stuff. I got some wonderful things from my family luckily.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 34
My brother is saving up for a house so I thought it might be a nice gift to get him something homeware related - ended up getting a le creuset dish. I got a mug that I feel like came from poundland. Now I know he's saving and it's not about the money but a mug isn't even something you can look at and say 'well it's the thought that counts.."

Tried to brush it off and thanked him anyway, it's better to not make a fuss. The rest of the presents from him to other people are opened and he bought them all expensive crystal glasses..if that's not a slap in the face, I don't know what is
 
  • Sad
  • Wow
  • Like
Reactions: 28
My brother is saving up for a house so I thought it might be a nice gift to get him something homeware related - ended up getting a le creuset dish. I got a mug that I feel like came from poundland. Now I know he's saving and it's not about the money but a mug isn't even something you can look at and say 'well it's the thought that counts.."

Tried to brush it off and thanked him anyway, it's better to not make a fuss. The rest of the presents from him to other people are opened and he bought them all expensive crystal glasses..if that's not a slap in the face, I don't know what is
My suggestion is get yourself a vintage rifle or a catapult, put the cup on your garden fence with a photo of his face stuck to it and use it for target practice, it'll make you feel so much better 😘
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Received a saffron scented shower gel/solid soap/body lotion set from my nan...
Bless her, she’s the sweetest
But I just don’t get why people insist on buying these products 😂 I hate receiving bath/shower gels and stuff like that
Id prefer it if she gave me £10 rather than spending it on products I won’t probably use because I don’t like the smell
 
  • Like
Reactions: 10
How do people feel about receiving alcohol as a present when pregnant? Not far off my due date so I guess people were thinking oh she’ll be dying for a drink but I plan on breastfeeding anyway and actually don’t plan on drinking at all for other health reasons
To me it’s slightly random especially as I can’t use it straight away?
 
  • Like
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
Not a tit prezzy but this had annoyed me. BIL who still lives at home always buys my kids tit maybe a £1.50 selection box each. Theres absolutely no thought gone into it, its cheap AF, he earns a very decent wage and is waited on hand and food by our in laws. Some times doesnt bother at all, never rings or texts basically doesnt give a tit about the kids. We never get anything either, again doesnt bother me, as long as the kids get something.

My partner always asks him what he wants, a few weeks before Xmas he sends us a link for a £75 ps5 game 😳. I told him to get ducked, no way are we buying that.

We get to the in laws today, said BIL rolls down after we've been there two hours, opens his gifts from in laws and other various people. Grunts at the kids and goes back to bed. No time or prezzys for the kids.

We get home MIL texts to see where we left BILs game because he's come downstairs and wants to play on it 🤬 So my husband rang her, said were was the kids prezzys, apparently he didn't have time to get them but was planning on getting them something after Xmas, basically escalated into a massive row. My partners in the wrong in their eyes - massive selfish twit.
 
  • Wow
  • Angry
  • Like
Reactions: 64
I feel pressured to make more effort as I have two spiteful brothers who buy their girffriends, no joke, Apple watches, designer shoes, stuff from flannels etc and get my mum gets absolutely nothing or a Baylis and Harding set from tesco.

I don’t usually gift with my older brother but this year I thought i would, I bought him a £50 bottle of aftershave and he bought me and my mother a Baylis and Harding little girl gift set covered in llamas 🙃. He always says he doesn’t know what to get EVERY YEAR so he’ll just get this for Christmas then something ‘proper’ for her bday in January 2nd (he never ever gets her anything, not even a card)

It really really
Bothers me because she is very nearly 60 and won’t be here forever and I feel like they already act like she isn’t.
Your brothers are holes! Perhaps next year you can suggest they give you the money they want to spend and you’ll buy for them instead. Or just spend their present money on her to make up for their lack of thought and regift the tit they give you to their girlfriends?
 
  • Like
Reactions: 14
Not a tit prezzy but this had annoyed me. BIL who still lives at home always buys my kids tit maybe a £1.50 selection box each. Theres absolutely no thought gone into it, its cheap AF, he earns a very decent wage and is waited on hand and food by our in laws. Some times doesnt bother at all, never rings or texts basically doesnt give a tit about the kids. We never get anything either, again doesnt bother me, as long as the kids get something.

My partner always asks him what he wants, a few weeks before Xmas he sends us a link for a £75 ps5 game 😳. I told him to get ducked, no way are we buying that.

We get to the in laws today, said BIL rolls down after we've been there two hours, opens his gifts from in laws and other various people. Grunts at the kids and goes back to bed. No time or prezzys for the kids.

We get home MIL texts to see where we left BILs game because he's come downstairs and wants to play on it 🤬 So my husband rang her, said were was the kids prezzys, apparently he didn't have time to get them but was planning on getting them something after Xmas, basically escalated into a massive row. My partners in the wrong in their eyes - massive selfish twit.
I would have told him to get ducked too. Selfish wick 👊🏻
 
  • Like
Reactions: 23
I’m sorry you’ve all had some rubbish gifts but thanks so much for sharing, I’m stuck at home this year without my family so reading this has cheered me right up 😂
It’s really nice to have somewhere anonymous to vent without judgement. That’s why I started it!
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
How do people feel about receiving alcohol as a present when pregnant? Not far off my due date so I guess people were thinking oh she’ll be dying for a drink but I plan on breastfeeding anyway and actually don’t plan on drinking at all for other health reasons
To me it’s slightly random especially as I can’t use it straight away?
That is just a stupid gift. I’m pregnant as well and if anyone gave me alcohol, I would consider it really rude.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 8
Thought that counts 🧡
Of course. His dog passed away earlier this year and he’s been thinking about her a lot as he knew this would be his first Christmas without her in 15 years. I don’t blame him for it at all, his mind is elsewhere 💔
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
From my sister I got a groupon voucher for an afternoon tea delivered....lovely.....but I have to pay a £12 delivery charge! I know, I know, it’s a lovely gift...but for £12 I can get all the food I actually like and do it myself!
yes...I’m ungrateful!
 
  • Like
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
My brother is saving up for a house so I thought it might be a nice gift to get him something homeware related - ended up getting a le creuset dish. I got a mug that I feel like came from poundland. Now I know he's saving and it's not about the money but a mug isn't even something you can look at and say 'well it's the thought that counts.."

Tried to brush it off and thanked him anyway, it's better to not make a fuss. The rest of the presents from him to other people are opened and he bought them all expensive crystal glasses..if that's not a slap in the face, I don't know what is
Hold on to the mug so you can regift it to him next year 🍸
 
  • Like
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.