Christmas present moans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would have told him to get ducked too. Selfish wick 👊🏻
😲 What a liberty taker 😡
Luckily the kids didn't even notice. They have had more than enough and havnt questioned the where abouts of their £1.50 selection box. Apparently he doesn't belive in the "Christmas hype" that's absolutely fine, but don't expect anything from us. Hes very selfish, if you don't bother with our kids, don't think we will be bothered about you.
 
  • Like
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 27
Not a tit prezzy but this had annoyed me. BIL who still lives at home always buys my kids tit maybe a £1.50 selection box each. Theres absolutely no thought gone into it, its cheap AF, he earns a very decent wage and is waited on hand and food by our in laws. Some times doesnt bother at all, never rings or texts basically doesnt give a tit about the kids. We never get anything either, again doesnt bother me, as long as the kids get something.

My partner always asks him what he wants, a few weeks before Xmas he sends us a link for a £75 ps5 game 😳. I told him to get ducked, no way are we buying that.

We get to the in laws today, said BIL rolls down after we've been there two hours, opens his gifts from in laws and other various people. Grunts at the kids and goes back to bed. No time or prezzys for the kids.

We get home MIL texts to see where we left BILs game because he's come downstairs and wants to play on it 🤬 So my husband rang her, said were was the kids prezzys, apparently he didn't have time to get them but was planning on getting them something after Xmas, basically escalated into a massive row. My partners in the wrong in their eyes - massive selfish twit.
I legit read this with my mouth open no jokes! The fact that his mum asked later on where his game was!!! I can't believe it! If he earns a decent wage then he's obviously not a child! If he was 15 I'd be like yeah okay he's a cat but he's a teenager. The audacity!
Well done to both of you for sticking to your guns! If he was making a bunch of effort with your kids then yeah okay. My sister (not biological so could make a difference here) spends a good amount on me for Christmas (I tell her not to but she does) but I do spoil my niece and I always buy for her step kids even though she always says not to. I also make an effort year around.

Sorry might be unpopular but Christmas is about kids imo.
Didn't have time to get them my a. We're in lockdown? What else was he doing? Also has he never heard of amazon! Even if he was going to buy a selection box they sell them is the sodding supermarket. I don't even know you or your husband but I'm angry on your behalf!
 
  • Like
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 33
I legit read this with my mouth open no jokes! The fact that mummy ask later on where his game was!!! I can't believe it! If he earns a decent wage then he's obviously not a child! If he was 15 I'd be like yeah okay he's a cat but he's a teenager. The audacity!
Well done to both of you for sticking to your guns! If he was making a bunch of effort with your kids then yeah okay. My sister (not biological so could make a difference here) spends a good amount on me for Christmas (I tell her not to but she does) but I do spoil my niece and I always buy for her step kids even though she always says not to. I also make an effort year around.

Sorry might be unpopular but Christmas is about kids imo.
Didn't have time to get them my a. We're in lockdown? What else was he doing? Also has he never heard of amazon! Even if he was going to buy a selection box they sell them is the sodding supermarket. I don't even know you or your husband but I'm angry on your behalf!
Yes Christmas is a about the kids imo too. Hes 32!!! My nephew made more of an effort and he's 12. Its not even about the money. To be honest with you I'm kind of glad its happened. Can erase him from our life now, been looking for an excuse for a while 👋
 
  • Like
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
Yes Christmas is a about the kids imo too. Hes 32!!! My nephew made more of an effort and he's 12. Its not even about the money. To be honest with you I'm kind of glad its happened. Can erase him from my life now 👋
32 and his mum rang to ask where his Christmas present was? 32?! I was expecting maybe early twenties. 32! Jesus wept! I agree it's not about the money but it's about the effort and the expectation you were going to bend over backwards for him.

Out of interest, if you don't mind me asking, what does your husband make of it all? I'm assuming the brother is the youngest
 
  • Like
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
Luckily the kids didn't even notice. They have had more than enough and havnt questioned the where abouts of their £1.50 selection box. Apparently he doesn't belive in the "Christmas hype" that's absolutely fine, but don't expect anything from us. Hes very selfish, if you don't bother with our kids, don't think we will be bothered about you.
Hah, that's a load of tit 😂 Doesn't believe in Christmas hype but feels very comfortable with asking for a £75 computer game and then tells mummy on you and your partner? Man child. Good on you for telling him to get ducked, he has some nerve.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
32 and his mum rang to ask where his Christmas present was? 32?! I was expecting maybe early twenties. 32! Jesus wept! I agree it's not about the money but it's about the effort and the expectation you were going to bend over backwards for him.

Out of interest, if you don't mind me asking, what does your husband make of it all? I'm assuming the brother is the youngest
My husbands more fuming than me. No my husband is the youngest. His brother moved away for uni, went traveling and never really grew up.

Anyway were enjoying cheese and wine now. As I've said weve (more my husband) have come to an agreement thats us done with him, he only ever calls when he needs a favor. My husband normally goes running but this has tipped him over the edge.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
😲 What a liberty taker 😡
my SIL use to do this all the time with her son. We would ask what he needs/wants for Christmas and we would get asked to buy a £60 Xbox game. No way!

One year we got him one present which was £30 and our other nephew 2 presents which was also £30. She rang us to see where his second present was as he wanted two presents like the the other nephew. Thicko.

i do agree that Christmas is about the kids however my 3yr old got so much this year he tit himself out of pure excitement over a Thomas train and then cried himself to sleep for his nap at 3pm.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
My nephew is 30 and I'm 35 so not much of a age gap I cant afford much not in I high paid job like him and his partner so I treat them to a takeaway instead of presents for birthdays and Christmas. This Christmas he wanted kfc cost me a small fortune on just eat over 30quid. From him I've been naughty and opened my sister wanted to know what he got me a dove set that cost 2.49 my sister is well annoyed but I know he's a tight a
This is the thing about present exchanging that really baffles me. Your nephew is now 30 so at what point does the Christmas takeaway stop, is he gonna be 40 still getting takeaways from you!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 9
1. My boyfriends and I presents really don’t match in value or effort.
2.I always get Ted baker make up off a family member - I hate it and I don’t ever wear it yeh here we are - another year with it 😂
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5
Crikey there was me moaning about getting saddle wax when I haven't even got a horse only to come across some right horror stories on here 😟
 
  • Like
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
This is the thing about present exchanging that really baffles me. Your nephew is now 30 so at what point does the Christmas takeaway stop, is he gonna be 40 still getting takeaways from you!
I think in families it often stops when people have kids of their own. My auntie still buys for me but she still has kids at home that my mum buys for. I assume when I have my own kids she'll stop buying for me and buy for the kids just like my mum will for hers. That's how it works in my family anyway
 
  • Like
Reactions: 9
You would think after being with my partner for nearly 18 years he would know what to get me.....hmm think again!!!
Last year I asked for some flat boots - I'm a tall person anyway and by wearing heels I'm very clumsy and likely to fall a over tit down a hill.
Anyhow Xmas day I receive these god awful 4 inch heel red snake print boots. I did sell them on ebay so I apologise if any of you bought these off ebay in January this year - if so I was the seller 🤣.
This year my daughter stepped in and purchased my presents on hubbys behalf as he didn't have time to buy them due to work commitments. So this year nothing will be going on ebay, i love all of them 👍.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
I think in families it often stops when people have kids of their own. My auntie still buys for me but she still has kids at home that my mum buys for. I assume when I have my own kids she'll stop buying for me and buy for the kids just like my mum will for hers. That's how it works in my family anyway
Exactly soon as he has his own his will stop. Me and my sister still get each other because I'm not having own children. And me and my sister swop parents to buy for so my sister had dad this year whats a pain in a to buy for and I had mum
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2
Christmas actually makes me cry, mainly down to the reactions we get from family for presents we gift and because of the utter rit we receive.

My MIL and her hubby are moving house soon, they are reducing clutter, etc so we thought we would buy them a nice hamper, loads of lovely treats in it, added a nice bottle of wine and cheese etc, got told this morning 'well we aren't moving yet and it's not slimming world friendly'.
She bought my stepson and partner the most hideous tops, I asked her not to buy them when she asked if they would like them, refuses to hand us a receipt.

We don't have alot of money and have only given some of the family kids selection boxes because we never ever see them, birthdays aren't acknowledged etc but this year their parents have randomly gifted my kids so now I feel guilty as duck!

I have politely asked people in the past to stop buying us gifts, I can't afford to keep buying for them in return and as alot of other people have said, what they spend on the crap they gift us, cash would be better received.
 
  • Like
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
my SIL use to do this all the time with her son. We would ask what he needs/wants for Christmas and we would get asked to buy a £60 Xbox game. No way!

One year we got him one present which was £30 and our other nephew 2 presents which was also £30. She rang us to see where his second present was as he wanted two presents like the the other nephew. Thicko.

i do agree that Christmas is about the kids however my 3yr old got so much this year he tit himself out of pure excitement over a Thomas train and then cried himself to sleep for his nap at 3pm.
My 3 year old got overwhelmed by her presents cried and left most of them
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I got a sparkly jumpsuit which my mum bought for me to wear to my best friend's delayed wedding next year. We're 40 and I'm definitely not jumpsuit size 😂
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 12
Love reading this thread. This year I got absolutely everything that I like. Normally there’s one or two that are a bit weird but I usually grow to like it 😅 anyway i got a Pandora ring of my sister and bracelet of my Nan (my first ever Pandora stuff so was literaly so excited and feel like that’s really special ) then 3 books I wanted ... a massage voucher and a coat I wanted 😃 and I’ve had a lovely day! Great to have a lovely day after this year? Hope everyone else is okay and has had a good day love and best wishes to you all 🎅🎅❤❤ Xxxxx

I legit read this with my mouth open no jokes! The fact that his mum asked later on where his game was!!! I can't believe it! If he earns a decent wage then he's obviously not a child! If he was 15 I'd be like yeah okay he's a cat but he's a teenager. The audacity!
Well done to both of you for sticking to your guns! If he was making a bunch of effort with your kids then yeah okay. My sister (not biological so could make a difference here) spends a good amount on me for Christmas (I tell her not to but she does) but I do spoil my niece and I always buy for her step kids even though she always says not to. I also make an effort year around.

Sorry might be unpopular but Christmas is about kids imo.
Didn't have time to get them my a. We're in lockdown? What else was he doing? Also has he never heard of amazon! Even if he was going to buy a selection box they sell them is the sodding supermarket. I don't even know you or your husband but I'm angry on your behalf!
He didn’t even come down on Xmas day??? That’s like what a teenager would do an even then most teenagers would come down for Xmas day at least 🥱🥱 wtf! He’s like a slob!! Is he depressed maybe? :-/ only reason I can think of that he’d just stay in his room all day on such a important day an then just want to game
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.