Christmas present moans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just on Amazon and I saw the dreaded Guiness Book of Records in the 3rd best selling book position.

Thank god I was never bought one of them but every year my boyfriend would be bought a copy with a bloody Beano and sometimes a Riley’s believe it or not by his auntie and every year they would go unread and be stuck on a shelf. One year I cracked and took about 3/4 years worth to the charity shop. They’re such a waste of a tree being cut down, how many guiness world records have really been broken in the past year that you need an entire book for them? She saw it as a cute tradition of buying him them, they were just tat clogging up the flat
My MIL buys the kids one every year. They've never read them they just go onto the local free page. Such a waste of money.

Reactions: 2
Just on Amazon and I saw the dreaded Guiness Book of Records in the 3rd best selling book position.

Thank god I was never bought one of them but every year my boyfriend would be bought a copy with a bloody Beano and sometimes a Riley’s believe it or not by his auntie and every year they would go unread and be stuck on a shelf. One year I cracked and took about 3/4 years worth to the charity shop. They’re such a waste of a tree being cut down, how many guiness world records have really been broken in the past year that you need an entire book for them? She saw it as a cute tradition of buying him them, they were just tat clogging up the flat
Hey now, I'll have you know that the metallic green one from I think 2008 or 2009 worked its ass off as my go-to 'hard surface' for several years (as I couldn't fit a desk in my room). 😅
Don't think I ever actually read the thing, mind you, but it was invaluable for doing homework on and drawing/crafting/wrapping presents/whatever, because it was massive and sturdy. So while it's pretty meh as reading material, its true merits are in being a multi-purpose tool (see also: propping stuff up, pressing flowers, flattening rolled papers/posters, keeping doors closed) 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
My MIL buys the kids one every year. They've never read them they just go onto the local free page. Such a waste of money.
My 16 year old would think his Christmas was ruined if he didn't get his Guinness and Ripleys books. He reads the print off them 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
My 16 year old would think his Christmas was ruined if he didn't get his Guinness and Ripleys books. He reads the print off them 🤣
He is the first person I’ve heard who does haha

Every year I’d hope no more, but every year my bf would open the bag and there it was along with a trolley dash of shite from home bargains. If Covid offered any benefit it’s that he didn’t have to see family for 2 Xmas so they learnt to just send money to him - although he’s nearly 30 so he’s just confused why an auntie still sends him money

He is the first person I’ve heard who does haha

Every year I’d hope no more, but every year my bf would open the bag and there it was along with a trolley dash of shite from home bargains. If Covid offered any benefit it’s that he didn’t have to see family for 2 Xmas so they learnt to just send money to him - although he’s nearly 30 so he’s just confused why an auntie still sends him money

He's like a sponge and just soaks all that sory of information up. He's a nightmare to play any trivia game with as he's full of random bits of knowledge that normal people would never know

• Heart
Reactions: 4
He's like a sponge and just soaks all that sory of information up. He's a nightmare to play any trivia game with as he's full of random bits of knowledge that normal people would never know
I am the same! I used to love reading those books as a kid 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My husband used to buy me Boots No7 gift sets. Metallic lipsticks and nail polishes - stuff a 14 year old may mess about with, but I was in my late 30s. I think he stopped buying them when they became discontinued. The fact that they went straight in the charity shop bag didn’t seem to register.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
My husband used to buy me Boots No7 gift sets. Metallic lipsticks and nail polishes - stuff a 14 year old may mess about with, but I was in my late 30s. I think he stopped buying them when they became discontinued. The fact that they went straight in the charity shop bag didn’t seem to register.
I wouldn't like that either! Has he improved a lot with his presents?

Hopefully the person who got them at the charity shop enjoyed them :)

Reactions: 1
Same with my 11yo granddaughter she gets it every year off her other nan and loves them.

I was an avid reader at a young age but hated getting books. I was reading skinhead, bootboys and the hells angels, and biker books. Aunties and uncles were buying me, the man from uncle and Bunty books 🤣

If anyone has never heard of those books I liked Here is a bit about them😲😲

Reactions: 3
New shiny thread just in time for the Bayliss & Harding gift sets to come flooding in. Wonder who’ll get the weirdest tit this year?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.