Christmas Decorations

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry to be this person, but I've seen and commented on other Christmas threads.

What sort of theme are people going for this year. Not that I mean people should have a new theme every year. I'm not an influencer. Sorry to make people sick in their mouths but I'm a colourful Christmas tree. Multi coloured tree lights in the lounge. Multi coloured 6 ft fibre optic in the dining room. Foil ceiling decs. Fairy lights round the doors. Tack city.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I am all over this thread!

At Christmas, the tackier the better is my view too. I like my christmas three to look like someoneโ€™s tripped and thrown a box of baubles at it ๐Ÿ˜‚ I fill it full of tat from holidays, the uglier the better ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ I do have warm white lights though. I have some colours fairy lights that go in my bedroom window and they are my favourite - proper ones, not those crappy red orange green and blue LED monstrosities. Blue flashing icicle lights are my Christmas nemesis though - absolutely hate them ๐Ÿ˜‚

I am hosting Christmas dinner for the first time this year, so I want to decorate my dining kitchen.. I think I might go for more scandi vibes in there, so Iโ€™m browsing Instagram and Pinterest at the minute. I might get a small real tree and try to keep it alive this year ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I am all over this thread!

At Christmas, the tackier the better is my view too. I like my christmas three to look like someoneโ€™s tripped and thrown a box of baubles at it ๐Ÿ˜‚ I fill it full of tat from holidays, the uglier the better ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ I do have warm white lights though. I have some colours fairy lights that go in my bedroom window and they are my favourite - proper ones, not those crappy red orange green and blue LED monstrosities. Blue flashing icicle lights are my Christmas nemesis though - absolutely hate them ๐Ÿ˜‚

I am hosting Christmas dinner for the first time this year, so I want to decorate my dining kitchen.. I think I might go for more scandi vibes in there, so Iโ€™m browsing Instagram and Pinterest at the minute. I might get a small real tree and try to keep it alive this year ๐Ÿ˜‚
That all sounds fab. I am tempted to go for a non coloured light in my living room by getting a pre out tree and then having my other tree in our bedroom. But then I'd have 4 trees as the kids have a tiny fibre optic in their room. I love my coloured lights too they're the proper old school ones with the plastic petal around them. I have so many baubles and love them all.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Iโ€™m very retro/vintage. Love big oversized Christmas tree lights. Think the year 2000 version of The Grinch ๐Ÿคฃ

I love making my own home decorations too. Currently trying to get a Christmas quilt finished in time ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Reactions: 8
Good thread, Im going for silver and white theme (on a green tree) with warm lights same as the previous years as I refuse to buy a whole new different coloured set of decorations. :giggle: I don't do lights around the window as the tree is in front of the lounge window but I have a wreath and a fireplace mantle and other ornaments etc dotted around the house.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Iโ€™m very retro/vintage. Love big oversized Christmas tree lights. Think the year 2000 version of The Grinch ๐Ÿคฃ

I love making my own home decorations too. Currently trying to get a Christmas quilt finished in time ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ
Ooooh would love to hear more about your home made decorations.. I have been thinking about going foraging for evergreen leaves and red berries and stuff to make my own wreaths and table decorations :unsure:

Good thread, Im going for silver and white theme (on a green tree) with warm lights same as the previous years as I refuse to buy a whole new different coloured set of decorations. :giggle: I don't do lights around the window as the tree is in front of the lounge window but I have a wreath and a fireplace mantle and other ornaments etc dotted around the house.
Who are these people that have a whole new theme each year?! One of my favourite things about Christmas is getting all my decorations out that I've collected over the years, thinking about where I bought them and the memories that go along with all of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Ooooh would love to hear more about your home made decorations.. I have been thinking about going foraging for evergreen leaves and red berries and stuff to make my own wreaths and table decorations :unsure:

Who are these people that have a whole new theme each year?! One of my favourite things about Christmas is getting all my decorations out that I've collected over the years, thinking about where I bought them and the memories that go along with all of them.
Iโ€™m the same as that! I have decorations from my first Christmas etc or ones that have been in the family even longer. Usually get a couple of new decorations every year if I see something or itโ€™s a present but thatโ€™s it ๐Ÿคฃ

Iโ€™m big into sewing so most of my homemade decorations are bunting or table runners. There are loads of free patterns online. Also love a homemade fabric advent calendar!

This is the one I made last year.

None sewing wise Iโ€™m planning on going down to the beach to collect shells and going to make a wreath with them. Am hoping I can acquire a wreath shaped piece of plastic/wood I can glue them onto ๐Ÿคฃ

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
I love Christmas and decorating the trees ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„

We have a large flocked tree in lounge with loads of warm white lights (Christmas tradition for either my husband or myself to call the lights names as itโ€™s an absolute ball ache to get them on the tree!) Pre lit is the way forward ๐Ÿ˜‚ Decorated with white, silver and pearl baubles.

I used to have a Scandinavian theme but wanted to change it up.

Kitchen/Dinning room tree is a 6ft green tree one with coloured lights and loads of decorations I inherited when my grandparents died.

My family love this tree as they remember these decorations from when my mum was little and when we were little. Absolute 80โ€™s dream! Every year I now get to buy an extra fun bauble which to be honest is way more fun than buying another white one ๐Ÿ˜‚

I do LOVE my fancy tree in the lounge but the kitchen tree feels like Christmas ๐Ÿฅฐ itโ€™s lovely on Christmas Day when we are all sat at the table. Reminds me of simpler times and when the tins of quality street were actually tins full of sweets ๐Ÿคฃ

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I love Christmas and decorating the trees ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„

We have a large flocked tree in lounge with loads of warm white lights (Christmas tradition for either my husband or myself to call the lights names as itโ€™s an absolute ball ache to get them on the tree!) Pre lit is the way forward ๐Ÿ˜‚ Decorated with white, silver and pearl baubles.

I used to have a Scandinavian theme but wanted to change it up.

Kitchen/Dinning room tree is a 6ft green tree one with coloured lights and loads of decorations I inherited when my grandparents died.

My family love this tree as they remember these decorations from when my mum was little and when we were little. Absolute 80โ€™s dream! Every year I now get to buy an extra fun bauble which to be honest is way more fun than buying another white one ๐Ÿ˜‚

I do LOVE my fancy tree in the lounge but the kitchen tree feels like Christmas ๐Ÿฅฐ itโ€™s lovely on Christmas Day when we are all sat at the table. Reminds me of simpler times and when the tins of quality street were actually tins full of sweets ๐Ÿคฃ
Awww that's so beautiful

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Iโ€™m really simple when it comes to decorations usually because Iโ€™m lazy, a small Christmas tree and maybe a piece of tinsel ๐Ÿ˜‚ however this year I would like to make more of an effort!

Where is good to buy Christmas decorations? Not keen on The Range personally. Also, have any of you ever made handmade Christmas cards? The Works have a range out already to make them yourself, I might do it! ๐Ÿ˜…

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

Edited to ask-Is your user name after Christmas trees ๐Ÿ˜‚
Ahahaha. I did think it after I started the thread. I do love them lol. No it's just a random word I put in when I joined haha

Iโ€™m really simple when it comes to decorations usually because Iโ€™m lazy, a small Christmas tree and maybe a piece of tinsel ๐Ÿ˜‚ however this year I would like to make more of an effort!

Where is good to buy Christmas decorations? Not keen on The Range personally. Also, have any of you ever made handmade Christmas cards? The Works have a range out already to make them yourself, I might do it! ๐Ÿ˜…
Mmm I quite like sainsburys for xmas decs. But most of mine are from holidays, Christmas markets, and also monsoon do amazing ones too. But I got them mostly in the sale

Reactions: 3
Christmas is my all time favourite time of year and I love everything about it!! Real tree this year with white, green and red I think? I adore going to shops that go big with their decs range, I'm like a kid in a sweet shop. I love traditional but any tree makes me smile!! Local garden centres usually have good decs for anyone looking ๐ŸŽ„

• Heart
Reactions: 6

My decorations range from Poundland to John Lewis ๐Ÿ˜‚

The supermarkets do great value basic baubles and some nice special baubles too. Iโ€™ve got some lovely baubles from Asda before.

I honestly donโ€™t think it matters how much you spend as long as you love it thatโ€™s all that matters ๐Ÿฅฐ

Ahahaha. I did think it after I started the thread. I do love them lol. No it's just a random word I put in when I joined haha

Mmm I quite like sainsburys for xmas decs. But most of mine are from holidays, Christmas markets, and also monsoon do amazing ones too. But I got them mostly in the sale
Awwwwww ๐Ÿ˜‚

Iโ€™m the same as that! I have decorations from my first Christmas etc or ones that have been in the family even longer. Usually get a couple of new decorations every year if I see something or itโ€™s a present but thatโ€™s it ๐Ÿคฃ

Iโ€™m big into sewing so most of my homemade decorations are bunting or table runners. There are loads of free patterns online. Also love a homemade fabric advent calendar!

This is the one I made last year.

None sewing wise Iโ€™m planning on going down to the beach to collect shells and going to make a wreath with them. Am hoping I can acquire a wreath shaped piece of plastic/wood I can glue them onto ๐Ÿคฃ
Aww thats lovely.

I got my basic baubles from places like Asda, B&M etc and then every year buy a few special ones from garden centres ( they are great at xmas) or independent shops.

My tree is always white, silver and pearl.

My lounge is mustard yellow so struggle with the traditional Christmas colours. They all clash!

This year however I have ordered some white and yellow marble effect baubles to add a bit of colour

My hallway is neutral coloured though so i have the reds and greens out there

• Heart
Aww thats lovely.

I got my basic baubles from places like Asda, B&M etc and then every year buy a few special ones from garden centres ( they are great at xmas) or independent shops.
Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

Paperchase do gorgeous decorations but they are so expensive ๐Ÿ˜ซ

I noticed some nice ones in Asda last year.

Really looking forward to going all out this year. Last year it felt sad because we actually went away to visit family in the US on Boxing Day and stayed over at the airport on Christmas Day so it was sad leaving the Christmassy house to go and stay in a boring hotel room then having to take the decorations down pretty much straight away when we got back in January so we didnโ€™t look like THAT house which leaves them up way too long ๐Ÿ˜‚

LIVING FOR THIS THREAD.
I have a gold theme on my tree, apart from last year I forgot and I went to buy some new decs and bought all silver ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ I had to go back and swap them all

Love this! I am not a theme person at all, I love having the same decs every year and the tradition and familiarity that comes with putting them up. My mumโ€™s tree still has things my siblings and I (all now 30+) made at nursery and I buy a new special decoration for it every year, usually from an independent shop or market, or if Iโ€™ve travelled close to the festive season Iโ€™ll pick one up.

I donโ€™t have a tree in my flat but I go all out on the fairy lights... Loved the mention of the retro ones with coloured petals, might have to hunt them down. I tend to pick up a few bits in the post-Christmas sales for the next year, you can normally get some bargains in department stores in particular.

Love this thread I'm one of these that mention xmas in july I dont care ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ I'm like Monica from friends i let the kids do one side i do the proper side ๐Ÿ˜ I start November the end of actually have a garden this year I'm going all out with the outdoor stuff aswell

Reactions: 2