Christmas Decorations

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We always used to have real Christmas trees when we we children. Since then, I have alternated between real and fake ones. In December 2018, my partner bought a rather splendid fake tree, but at the same time I mangaged to find a lovely real tree for £5 - it was on special offer. But it was so sad to see a perfectly healthy tree, put outside to be recycled.
In recent years, I have hunted around charity shops for Christmas decorations. Not because Of financial reasons, I just enjoy mooching around charity shops - always have done.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
We always used to have real Christmas trees when we we children. Since then, I have alternated between real and fake ones. In December 2018, my partner bought a rather splendid fake tree, but at the same time I mangaged to find a lovely real tree for £5 - it was on special offer. But it was so sad to see a perfectly healthy tree, put outside to be recycled.
In recent years, I have hunted around charity shops for Christmas decorations. Not because Of financial reasons, I just enjoy mooching around charity shops - always have done.
Why have I not thought of charity shops for decs?! That’s a great idea!! I get most of my decs from The Range only because I the prices in garden centres etc are so eye watering haha. We got a second tree this year (a 6ft fake tree, it was £2 in the sale in Wilko down from £60!!!) and I’ve got all the decs from The Range for under £40.

love a bargain deco spree!!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I love going to monsoon and getting their decs in the sale. What's everyone's opinion on the beaded string garlands on xmas trees

I love going to monsoon and getting their decs in the sale. What's everyone's opinion on the beaded string garlands on xmas trees
Monsson decs are really nice I bought a Dachshund one once really cute.

Reactions: 1
My tree is done in gold with a touch of cream with no tinsel or lights -gold beads on the tree and lights strung on the mantlepiece instead.
I've also got a gold Santa with big boots on .
Maybe not to everyone's taste but that's the great thing - it's all beautiful if it's in the Christmas spirit.

Our tree is a complete mismatch. Anywhere we go on holiday we buy a bauble and they always take up the bottom row. So nice to talk about our memories in those places whilst putting the tree up. If anyone is looking for a nice artificial tree, try Asda. We got ours last year and it’s the best one we’ve ever had

I've done gold and silver for a couple of years with warm white lights. I used to have either gold or silver with purple before we redecorated. I think we are starting to go multicolored with different baubles now as we have accumulated quite a collection.

I have children and to be honest last year I tried a snowy tree and the Instagram theme but it didn’t work, I didn’t like it, no personality. Sold my tree three days after Christmas 🤣 So we are green red and black. Traditional. They love it I love it.

We got a lovely tree from Wilko last year, its called an upswept one and it looks more like a real tree without the pine needles. I tend to buy a few ornaments each year relating to things that we have seen or done in the year or milestones so our tree is totally mismatched but I love it. We have one string of warm white bulbs and 1 string of pastelly colour bulbs so it looks colourful but soft - hate hate hate that electric blue LED colour that seems to crop up everywhere.

Sorry to be this person, but I've seen and commented on other Christmas threads.

What sort of theme are people going for this year. Not that I mean people should have a new theme every year. I'm not an influencer. Sorry to make people sick in their mouths but I'm a colourful Christmas tree. Multi coloured tree lights in the lounge. Multi coloured 6 ft fibre optic in the dining room. Foil ceiling decs. Fairy lights round the doors. Tack city.
This is exactly how I do my decorations!! Literally looks like Santa has puked all over the house and I just buy more and more every year. I just love it, I have no kids but growing up our house was the same as I do it now and I guess that's why I like it. Its cosy, homely and definitely brings all those magical childhood memories back!!

Our tree is 2 years old and I want a bigger and fatter one but husband says no so I pray this one breaks this year 😂

I am desperate to put my Decorations up right now and have been since August but I try to wait until around a week and a half after my birthday (6th November) and I couldn't give a tit what anyone says about it 😂.

I also do my Christmas shopping early but nothing gets wrapped until the decorations are up. I sit there in front of the tree, hot chocolate in hand and christmas music playing and I am in my element wrapping all the gifts I've carefully picked out for our family members and then when they're wrapped I panic thinking I haven't got enough or what I have got is tit, hahaha.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Ive got myself a new pre-lit tree I cant be bothered doing all the lights so thought f**** it and treated myself.

This is exactly how I do my decorations!! Literally looks like Santa has puked all over the house and I just buy more and more every year. I just love it, I have no kids but growing up our house was the same as I do it now and I guess that's why I like it. Its cosy, homely and definitely brings all those magical childhood memories back!!

Our tree is 2 years old and I want a bigger and fatter one but husband says no so I pray this one breaks this year 😂

I am desperate to put my Decorations up right now and have been since August but I try to wait until around a week and a half after my birthday (6th November) and I couldn't give a tit what anyone says about it 😂.

I also do my Christmas shopping early but nothing gets wrapped until the decorations are up. I sit there in front of the tree, hot chocolate in hand and christmas music playing and I am in my element wrapping all the gifts I've carefully picked out for our family members and then when they're wrapped I panic thinking I haven't got enough or what I have got is tit, hahaha.
Absolutely think we're the same person. I always get the gift terror

• Heart
Good thread, Im going for silver and white theme (on a green tree) with warm lights same as the previous years as I refuse to buy a whole new different coloured set of decorations. :giggle: I don't do lights around the window as the tree is in front of the lounge window but I have a wreath and a fireplace mantle and other ornaments etc dotted around the house.
We have a silver and white theme too; also on a green tree! Got some gorgeous glass baubles a few years ago and just love how understated it looks.