Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
That sounds lovely, part of me wishes I could spend one Christmas without the in laws or my parents and have a Christmas alone with my other half
A couple of years ago Covid cancelled all our Christmas plans and my hubby and I spent it alone and had sausages and mash for Christmas dinner. It was lovely.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
We live near each other 🤣 we are off to tulleys this year and I know exactly the road you mean!!!!
Such a small world! 😂 Hope you have a wonderful time at Tulleys, we’ve done it a couple of times and even though it is pricey it is a good whole day event. We couldn’t have done it better last time with the snow though, how xmassey is that!
IMG_3586.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow

Hastaggifted

VIP Member
😭😭😭
Screenshot_20230813_201110_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230813_201127_Chrome.jpg

---
All this talk of Christmas trees is getting me excited 🤩.
We are a real tree family. We make a day of it, usually the first weekend in December. We have a nice festive breakfast then go out and choose one. We have to make sure everyone agrees on it and is happy. Only once has it been too tall 🤣. All adds to the day though 🤗. All our baubles are different, nothing matching and colour schemes here. They all have sentimental value, either ones we've had made with their tiny handprints on when they were babies, ones they've made at school etc. It's always nice looking through them, with the kids saying "Ahh look at this one" and "OMG I remember that" 🥺. We let them decorate it and I make slight adjustments when their in bed 😉. All with Christmas music blaring. Usually me getting emotional about when our almost 16 year old used to dance to rocking around the christmas tree when he was a toddler.

Only one rule which is Strictly no tinsel downstairs though!

They have multicoloured tacky, garish, Tinsley Christmas trees in their bedrooms. Which they adore! My daughters is bright pink and she loves it!

Last edited:
  • Heart

Swx

Chatty Member
LOVE this thread, just found it yesterday and binge read 😂 I LOVE Christmas, my birthday is on Christmas Day which ironically I’ve always hated to be fair but I love Christmas so much! This was my local home bargains today 😍 loads of xmas Disney stuff! I’m sure I read someone was going to Disney for their kids xmas present? Wee Disney xmas eve boxes and loads of wee Disney bits to put in 🥰

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 17

jimjamgem

I bought one of the Elemis QVC special buys last year with the intention of gifting it but when it came I thought, ‘you know who would really love this? Me!’ 😂. I’ve had so much enjoyment from trying all the products!

• Haha
  • Heart

coconochanel

VIP Member
After all this talk of treating yourself to a Christmas present, the other day I bought myself an Emma Bridgewater mug. I mean why not it's Christmas in July after all! 🤭

• Heart
  • Haha

SpindleWhorl

VIP Member
Christmas markets are always shit imo, at least in the UK. Chances are it's raining/damp, too busy to move, most stalls selling mass produced stuff from China. If there's a bar area it's 8 quid for a small mug of warm mulled wine. Not my cup of tea. Only time I've liked them is in Scandanavia when it's snowing and they're always less busy than here xx

• Heart

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
If I did Elf on the shelf after a few days I’d write a letter from the Elf saying Santa needed more help so I’ve gone back to help but I’ll send you a present for Christmas. Then on one of the Xmas gifts I’d write from elf instead of Santa 😅

• Haha
  • Heart

Tinkerbell cat

VIP Member
We’re currently renovating and my other half thinks I’ve gone a bit crazy as my first concerns in the new living room configuration are where would a Christmas tree go as we’ve not left enough space 😩

What do you guys do? Do you have a space ready to go or do you move furniture around TK accommodate for the month?
We have to move furniture around every year! I've added a picture so you have an idea and vision of the scene 😂

We put two trees up - our downstairs is all open plan so we have one in the living room which is a real tree in the bay window and then in the kitchen/living space at the back of the house we have an artificial one.

We have to move my desk from the bay window to somewhere else in the living room, which is fine as we just move the dining table a little bit.
Then we have to move a kallax unit from where that smaller artificial tree is, to upstairs otherwise it just ends up really cluttered.

You will always find space, you will make it work, somehow. I think we spent a whole evening rearranging furniture because I was adamant the trees could go nowhere else but their designated spots lol so honestly everything got moved around at some point & this is what we finished on.

t
thumbnail_5DFE1CD9-E2C4-4C88-AE28-ADC9F071A61E.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Silverback

VIP Member
Thankfully this is where her age benefits me, I’m thinking more a bag of Percy pig choccy coins intermixed with “Christmas vouchers” for things like trampolining or swimming, stuff we’d do anyway but just made a bit more special for Christmas. I’m not a fan of tat so definitely not a consumption based thing.
Choccy coins and vouchers sounds ace!
When I was a kid I remember having pictures inside my advent calendar, and tying those cheap cadburys chocolates to the tree- those simple things were so magical!
All the extra stuff these days like luxury advent calendars for £300 and Christmas Eve boxes seem so ‘extra’- but I have to admit that if I received either I’d be chuffed 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 16