Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ChubClubThug

VIP Member
I’d much rather something in a cozy place and for that I’d budget a lot more. But absolutely not for miller and Carter it’s shite. I’ve tried googling but I’m only new to the area so it’s hard to know.
Thanks for the response,
If you're on facebook try asking for recommendations on the local community groups? I know it can be so tricky if you're new to an area, or have never been to a place before. I agree about Miller & Carter - overpriced for what it is

I find that hotels and slightly more fancy pubs that host weddings offer the best services, because they're used to catering under pressure and to a high standard.

You've got me thinking about turkey dinners now with all the trimmings 😋

Thank(space)you

VIP Member
I was watching an influencer video and last Christmas she made an "experience" for her children - a wooden tray that she painted up and a popcorn carton etc as though they were at the cinema having a hotdog, milkshake and sweets, but they were watching a film at home. Her children loved it.
I think I've seen the wooden tray and stripy popcorn boxes in B and M or Home Bargains. She brought it out again recently as it was the school holidays but rainy.
I think things like this spark children's imagination and creativity and really appeal to them. They become a family thing to do and are never forgotten.
I dread to think how much all this would have cost them at the cinema.
She also seemed a bit overcome recently that her eldest child had baked some flapjacks off his own back for the family.
Most influencers tend to do the cinema outing costing a bomb or buying packet mixes to bake which gets a bit samey after a while.
Are you allowed to name the influencer?

Greys1324

Chatty Member
I got one from the tik tok shop - pretty perfect products . Its brilliant has different sections for different things ,gifts, stocking fillers,cards, activities, ideas for elf on the shelf ,Christmas movies, a section for the Christmas food shop loads of bits in it !
It’s so pretty, I’m very tempted to get one!

Account3774

Can anybody recommend any nice Christmas days out in the UK? Preferably Midlands, London or Manchester based, but would travel anywhere in the UK!
Also any recommendations for Christmas activities or days out for a young toddler?

No worries 😉. It’s an app called countdown, but you have to select the time and date for the event yourself. I have it also tracking days to meeting up with friends/ my sister’s graduation and then it also tells you how many days since afterwards. Always prone to human error!
Is it a free app? I might try it myself, I love counting down to Christmas!

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
Yeh they have done boxing day buffet before just adamant they want to do the big day for all of us this year 😭😭
Could they precook the meat and apple sauce in November then freeze in portions, buy in other stuff,then all they have to do is the veg?

fudgebox

VIP Member
Booked Disney on Ice for myself and little miss for 17th December! I'm sooo excited. I love dancing on ice so seeing my daughter so happy at the thought of seeing Disney characters on ice is going to make my day!!!

We usually go Chester zoo lanterns as well, she wants her Dad to come which I don't mind so I'm using the opportunity as he can take some photos of me and her 😂
It’s amazing I went a few years ago!