Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SpindleWhorl

VIP Member
Sorry but Gonks just look like an old mans button mushroom dick with the grey pubes extending down to make the beard. Horrible things

• Haha
Reactions: 21

ChubClubThug

VIP Member
I can't wait for all the insta hunz putting their gaudy, hideous trees up months in advance, all trying to outdo each other in tackyness 🤣🤣🤣 it's all part of the entertainment

• Haha
Reactions: 21

Meg78

VIP Member
Went to collect my trees this morning and the woman at the till went to get aaaaall the other staff members out to come and see the crazy lady, felt like a ruddy zoo exhibit!

• Haha
Reactions: 20

CallMeHollywood

VIP Member
M&S we’re starting to get their Xmas stock in and The White Company had their winter candles and some Xmas stuff in. I resisted the urge as it’d just be put away for months, I want to buy and enjoy straight away
Girl, life is too short to not use “best” things. Light that damn candle.

bongsandstuff

Chatty Member
Starting a new job soon, this will be my first full time job and the first time I won’t be relying on student loans! Can’t wait to go (a little!) mad🥹 My parents don’t celebrate Christmas and the in laws are moving away so it’ll be just myself and my partner, more presents for us! 🎁

• Heart

travelbug20

The adults in our family are doing a £30 stocking secret santa. Pick a name out and spend £30 on putting together a stocking, a mixture of jokey bits, edible bits and small things they will like. I'm looking forward to the challenge of finding things within budget for it and there's so many of us it will be considerably cheaper and more enjoyable

• Heart

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
Believe it or not...I am utterly done for this year.

Everyone's presents have been bought and I've decided I'll book into a hotel for this year. It stresses me out too much staying with relatives. I can't escape easily.

I even have the wrapping paper and cards. My work is done. It's just that I feel like I have to make everyone else happy and it's a huge effort.

• Wow
  • Heart

Kim Mild

VIP Member
Last year one of my kids woke up poorly on Christmas morning, and I didn't have to see my in laws . It was lovely to have a relaxed day in the house , we enjoyed it so much more , it was much better. I'm hoping for a similar vibe this year minus the illness!

• Heart
  • Haha

Andioooop

VIP Member
I know it's still June. 🤣

I don't actually tend to do much myself. I didn't decorate or buy a tree last year.

I don't buy presents for my parents or my siblings as the youngest is now 20.

I skipped going to my grandfather's house, so didn't feel the pressure of buying for my cousin's kids or aunt.

I bought gifts for four people. Three of them were just £10 Starbucks gift cards with a small note attached. Even though it was small I still got hugs. Someone else got a £25 M&S gift card and a box of fruit delivered to his home.

I've always found I enjoyed counting down the days to Christmas as it was something to look forward to.

I love all the movies and the lights the most.

Have you thought about Christmas? What are your plans?
I always think about christmas 🤣 i just love the darker evenings, the christmas lights, winter walks, snuggling up with a hot drink & the music! Especially the old fashion christmas songs. I have found some wonderful playlists on youtube that i will share for anyone else who loves the oldies. Watching this thread closely! Love to all x

• Heart

ChubClubThug

VIP Member
While we're on the subject of the weather... imagine just for once in life we had a proper white Christmas 🎅😬❄

• Heart

xbxbx

Chatty Member
My local The Range was just starting to set up their Christmas displays when I was in today. Managed to wriggle myself amongst the cardboard boxes and pick up two ceramic LED ornaments. They’re so cute! Look so much nicer in person and the lights don’t pull as yellow as they do on picture. House was £4.99 and present was £2.99.

The glue on the house is a bit messy and the trees fall off quite easily but I think I can sort it with some superglue.

IMG_8818.jpeg

EDIT - for the gonk lovers they had LED ceramic ones🤣

• Heart

ATV2021

VIP Member
Not everyones cup of tea but I'd actually love xmas alone. Get loads of booze and nice bits in from M&S. Sit with my feet up in front of the tv whilst also admiring my tree and browsing tattle. Cook something nice but easy like lasagne. But apparently it's anti social and my family get offended when i suggest I don't visit. But then I'm not close to my family, and only have a small one, and see them most weeks anyway
Absolutely. Most of my family have passed away (Mum included) so I didn't want to sit there with empty seats on a day I love. So I chose me and either go to a friends or Absolutely happily stay home alone. People seem to get offended by people either being alone xmas day or say it's selfish. Good. I've been through enough ta so I'll be goddam selfish to make myself happy.

These folk don't care about you being alone on the other 364 days a year either 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 19

spookydooky

Chatty Member
I don't completely dislike summer, I love being able to dry my washing and being able to walk later in the evening but I hate the expectations of summer, that if you want to spend a day indoors you get oh but it's a nice day, don't get that in October 🤣

• Heart

calmyourritas

VIP Member
---
I collected my two trees earlier on. The girl serving me said "2 Christmas trees" in a very patronising way and gave me a snigger, so that wound me up. Once she brought them out and gave me another look, I said "they were only £1.50 each" and she looked at me like I was a nutter. I don't know why I said they were £1.50 and why I felt the need to explain myself.
She can fuck off the grinchy bitch

• Haha

BanditHealer

I tell the kids that Santa brings the presents and I pay for them. That way they know that they can't have everything, there's still a budget, and that's why some people get more or less presents. Santa will bring some things on their list and some surprises too.

Sibz

VIP Member
Dont know if it's just me but when I'm buying presents for others at Christmas, I buy myself a little something too :ROFLMAO: (or a lot) so that I'm not disappointed if I get shit gifts as I know I've got what I really want already

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18

Kellybobz

I need to stop reading this thread before bed, last night I dreamt it was 23rd December and I’d done no Christmas shopping 🙈🤣

• Haha

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
I can't wait for all the insta hunz putting their gaudy, hideous trees up months in advance, all trying to outdo each other in tackyness 🤣🤣🤣 it's all part of the entertainment
I also really dislike the competitive present buying photos, where you can't even see half of the tree as there's too many presents.
---
1692702753144.png

This one did the rounds a few years ago.

• Haha
  • Wow

spookydooky

Chatty Member
I'm still on the fence about having a kid but the more I hear, the more I'm okay with just being me, myself and I. Especially around Christmas and its inbuilt stresses 😬
With kids you can make it as simple or stressful as you like, Elf on the shelf not on my watch, 900 different trips at xmas, no thanks. It's the small things kids appreciate. Source, myself as a mother 😆

• Haha