Christmas 2023 #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Monzo or Chase pots are the way! Put some away each payday, earn interest and Christmas pays for itself 👌

Reactions: 3
I do Park Christmas every year, just set it up to start Feb. £105 a month and I’ll receive them all in November, it leaves me a lot less stressed

Reactions: 7
Does anyone keep any type of fairy lights up after Christmas? 🎅🏼
I'm starting to want to take mine down but my living room always feels so bald and bare with no twinkly lights!
May buy a new plant and wrap lights around that :unsure:
I do! A few years back I bought some nice lights for round our patio doors. Our kitchen is quite big, open plan and high ceilings so felt a bit cold without them so I've just kept them up ever since and they look really nice at night especially if we have people over. I'd like to find some smaller ones for my book shelves.

I'm going to start putting away money for Christmas time, so when it comes to it I'm not panic buying right out of my wage (tbh I say this every year and never do it but definitely going to this year!!!)
think i've mentioned this before but i put aside £10 a week in 2023, had £450 by mid november in time for black friday sales!

Reactions: 6
Who else still has their Christmas tree and decorations up? ☺ Honestly they’re the only thing that gets me through the first week of January!

I’ve found the sales have not been so good this year, it seems there’s not as many bargains around but I guess it’s a good thing for my bank account!

I bought presents in the sale last year thinking I was being smart and then I couldn’t find where I’d hidden them.. hopefully I can find them this year 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I went in Boots today and they had hardly any Christmas sale gifts left and the Next Christmas sale was shite as well but TBH their sales have been rubbish for the last year.

Who else still has their Christmas tree and decorations up? ☺ Honestly they’re the only thing that gets me through the first week of January!
Me! I always keep them up until Little Christmas so I guess I'll take them down on Sunday.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I do Park Christmas every year, just set it up to start Feb. £105 a month and I’ll receive them all in November, it leaves me a lot less stressed
If you did that in an account in your own name instead you would also get interest on top. You could buy vouchers yourself from Topcashback and get further cashback on top.

Not being sarky but Is Park also FSC protected? When Farepak collapsed customers lost out on £40million.
---
Time for a new thread, shell we do it, shell we do a 'Christmas 2024' thread on Jan 3rd? :ROFLMAO:
Do it Coco. I made the first one in June.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I stil have mine up. Outdoor lights still on too.
I don't take them down until the 6th.
I suffer bad with after Christmas blues and feel really depressed when there's no more lights outside and it's just dark!
So I will put some little white fairy lights in different spots around the house as well as my twig lights, so it will be more like winter decor. 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.