Chit Chat

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey! So I've been guilty of derailing the topics of other threads by going on about pointless things - did you know I managed to find pasta today? Yes I'm still thrilled about that. šŸ˜‚ So decided to make a thread for general chat, make yourself a coffee or tea, pull up a chair & relax and post whatever you like. Talk about the weather where you are? Nothing is pointless here xo

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Why did Santa's elfs decide to keep the presents for themselves?

Because they're elfish' šŸ˜‚

Omg I am wide awake and it's 3.20 am probs gonna he up all night haha sleeps for the weak šŸ˜‚ but I'm gonna be so tired tomorrow fml :(

• Haha
Reactions: 4
For about a week every month I struggle to sleep. Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s hormonal, pms symptom maybe. Iā€™m wide awake at nearly 4am and every time I close my eyes, my brain goes into over drive thinking of any possible thing to cause anxiety and my usual tactics to block them out and divert my thoughts donā€™t work and I also feel fidgety and like my bed is super uncomfortable. I have to literally force myself to stay still enough to drop off. I do often get to sleep, eventually but Iā€™m not sure if thereā€™s even any point in trying at this point. Does anyone else get this?? I googled and it does seem to be a thing and not something thatā€™s in my head. A lot of people get fatigue during pms but not being able to sleep/insomnia isnā€™t talked about it as much it seems. I know itā€™ll catch up with me tomorrow, hence why I usually force myself to bed. But with the lockdown im kinda thinking whatā€™s the point I donā€™t even have anywhere to go tomorrow, although it is my turn to get up with the children. But again, my dilemma is would it be easier to sleep for a couple of hours and wake up with them or just stay awake?

Ugh, sorry for the ramble. Whether I get a measly few hours sleep or not, tomorrow is going to be a long day.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
As am I. I think Iā€™ve given up now, there would be no point even sleeping for an hour. Plus it would take me at least an hour to get to sleep in the first place. Can hear the birds chirping, thatā€™s when you know youā€™re past the point of no return.

Dreading today.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
For about a week every month I struggle to sleep. Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s hormonal, pms symptom maybe. Iā€™m wide awake at nearly 4am and every time I close my eyes, my brain goes into over drive thinking of any possible thing to cause anxiety and my usual tactics to block them out and divert my thoughts donā€™t work and I also feel fidgety and like my bed is super uncomfortable. I have to literally force myself to stay still enough to drop off. I do often get to sleep, eventually but Iā€™m not sure if thereā€™s even any point in trying at this point. Does anyone else get this?? I googled and it does seem to be a thing and not something thatā€™s in my head. A lot of people get fatigue during pms but not being able to sleep/insomnia isnā€™t talked about it as much it seems. I know itā€™ll catch up with me tomorrow, hence why I usually force myself to bed. But with the lockdown im kinda thinking whatā€™s the point I donā€™t even have anywhere to go tomorrow, although it is my turn to get up with the children. But again, my dilemma is would it be easier to sleep for a couple of hours and wake up with them or just stay awake?

Ugh, sorry for the ramble. Whether I get a measly few hours sleep or not, tomorrow is going to be a long day.
i have insomnia a few days before my period as well, must be hormone related

Reactions: 2
Morning all.
Thanks for starting this thread.
Itā€™s good to have an ā€œanything goesā€ thread which we canā€™t derail!
Sunny here today so about to hang out my washing.
Yes, a trip to the garden is a highlight today! šŸ˜

Reactions: 7
I found some hand wash in Lidl yesterday, I was on my own just pushing the trolly and it caught my eye on the shelf, I shouted out a big YES and gave a clap. Whoā€™d of thought something so simple could make me so happy šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ™ŒšŸ™ŒšŸ™Œ

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I just saw an ad on TV to say that Britainā€™s got talent is back on TV soon.
Just when I thought things couldnā€™t get any more depressing šŸ˜‚

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Was actually trying to start a thread myself but now sure how to do so?? Anyway.... anyone elseā€™s husband doing their absolute heads in yet??

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Morning everyone!

How are you all today? I had a great sleep last night for the first time in weeks, I'm putting it down to the vodka and cranberry that I had before bed. Might have to have another one tonight šŸ™„

Sun is shining up in Aberdeen although it's sooooo windy!

Reactions: 2
Heard a Dr on TV say to get through the boredom of self isolation we should finish things we start and thus have more calm in our lives.
So I looked through the house to find all the things Iā€™ve started but havenā€™t finished........ so I finished off a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of Chardonnay, a bodle of Baileys, a butle of wum, tha mainder of Valiumum scriptuns an a box a chocletz.
Yu haf no idr how feckin fablus I feel rite now

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Was actually trying to start a thread myself but now sure how to do so?? Anyway.... anyone elseā€™s husband doing their absolute heads in yet??
I don't think new members can? I was having a read as I'm unable to start one either!

Morning everyone!

How are you all today? I had a great sleep last night for the first time in weeks, I'm putting it down to the vodka and cranberry that I had before bed. Might have to have another one tonight šŸ™„

Sun is shining up in Aberdeen although it's sooooo windy!
Morning! From sunny windy Fife woo more Scotland people šŸ˜‚ I've legit just woke up but I'm feeling alright šŸ˜‚ x

I don't think new members can? I was having a read as I'm unable to start one either!
Nah you have to do a certain amount of posts first can't remember how much it is but it doesnt take that long. X

Reactions: 1
šŸ˜‚ my dad is doing my mums head in, Iā€™m very thankful my husband is a key worker. I love him but oh my does he get under my feet. Iā€™m the DIYer in my house so heā€™s frankly useless being a home for long periods.

Iā€™m also not sleeping well at all at the moment. I need to get some calm in my life but Iā€™ve decided to declutter and redecorate and deep clean šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Yel

This is exactly why I'm not doing any workouts in the lounge. Look at that rug!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Heard a Dr on TV say to get through the boredom of self isolation we should finish things we start and thus have more calm in our lives.
So I looked through the house to find all the things Iā€™ve started but havenā€™t finished........ so I finished off a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of Chardonnay, a bodle of Baileys, a butle of wum, tha mainder of Valiumum scriptuns an a box a chocletz.
Yu haf no idr how feckin fablus I feel rite now
Actually laughed out loud at this šŸ˜‚

i have insomnia a few days before my period as well, must be hormone related
It must be. No idea how long Iā€™ve had it for but Iā€™ve been noticing it for about year.

I did get some sleep in the end but my god, tired today! Bit cloudy here today, wish it could be a bit warmer like it was last week.