Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

seaborgium

For about a week every month I struggle to sleep. I’m pretty sure it’s hormonal, pms symptom maybe. I’m wide awake at nearly 4am and every time I close my eyes, my brain goes into over drive thinking of any possible thing to cause anxiety and my usual tactics to block them out and divert my thoughts don’t work and I also feel fidgety and like my bed is super uncomfortable. I have to literally force myself to stay still enough to drop off. I do often get to sleep, eventually but I’m not sure if there’s even any point in trying at this point. Does anyone else get this?? I googled and it does seem to be a thing and not something that’s in my head. A lot of people get fatigue during pms but not being able to sleep/insomnia isn’t talked about it as much it seems. I know it’ll catch up with me tomorrow, hence why I usually force myself to bed. But with the lockdown im kinda thinking what’s the point I don’t even have anywhere to go tomorrow, although it is my turn to get up with the children. But again, my dilemma is would it be easier to sleep for a couple of hours and wake up with them or just stay awake?

Ugh, sorry for the ramble. Whether I get a measly few hours sleep or not, tomorrow is going to be a long day.
I have a borderline hypothyroid condition, which has been playing havoc during lockdown and GP is useless. It can make me exhausted by 4pm, and wide awake until 4am. It gets worse with my menstrual cycle too. I'm waiting for a gynae appointment to discuss possibilities of having PMDD as well as probably pre-menopause. I have existing gynae issues too, which play up with my cycle.

I also ended up in A&E unable to breathe after a week of GERD and thyroid making me think I had the virus. Breathing has happened 3 times in 3.5 years, GP and ENT have been hopeless. Realised myself they are oesophageal spasms.

Good luck and hope you get answers soon :).

KINGAA

VIP Member
I’m watching these on YouTube and their knowledge of the U.K. on most if not all of the videos is so so poor and uneducated it’s winding me up. They have done zero research....

I just needed to rant, carry on as you were

MrsGarcia

Chatty Member
No need for sorry. Rant away.
I’m finding I’m less tolerant too.
Was listening to popmaster on the radio this morning and one contestant said it was his first day staying at home and he was pacing the living room like a caged animal. I shouted “get a f#cking grip, man!” at the radio! 😆
Haha, moron 😂 I haven't left the house for weeks. The novelty is fast wearing off. And the Birthday cards ordered by my little darlings arrived this morning. 4 days late. That's fine, however, I just got a paper cut opening the fecking envelope. Sums up my day so far. Might write this one off 😭😭

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
Day 14 in South Africa. Last night slept in guest room, because everything my husband is doing feels so irritating. i am surprised it took 14 days.
You’ve done well, if I had a spare room I too would be making use of it. I think we’ve just all been together for too long without a break.

Just sitting here thinking how excited I would normally be for the long Easter weekend. My daughter has a birthday and we would normally have a friends and family get together. I would be planning what to eat and drink and be grateful that the weather is so lovely.
What plans did you have? Not saying this to make anyone feel worse than they (potentially) do already! I’m just being nosey.

Danielle1

You will regret it!
I went to Tesco on Friday and the chocolate and biscuit aisle was closed due to restocking. I didn’t want to ask the staff to get me some items in case they thought I was a fat cow! Seriously regretting that now, they can judge all they want - I am a fat cow (who now has no chocolate!). :oops:
I might just go amend it... 😄 oh no

Fpark

For about a week every month I struggle to sleep. I’m pretty sure it’s hormonal, pms symptom maybe. I’m wide awake at nearly 4am and every time I close my eyes, my brain goes into over drive thinking of any possible thing to cause anxiety and my usual tactics to block them out and divert my thoughts don’t work and I also feel fidgety and like my bed is super uncomfortable. I have to literally force myself to stay still enough to drop off. I do often get to sleep, eventually but I’m not sure if there’s even any point in trying at this point. Does anyone else get this?? I googled and it does seem to be a thing and not something that’s in my head. A lot of people get fatigue during pms but not being able to sleep/insomnia isn’t talked about it as much it seems. I know it’ll catch up with me tomorrow, hence why I usually force myself to bed. But with the lockdown im kinda thinking what’s the point I don’t even have anywhere to go tomorrow, although it is my turn to get up with the children. But again, my dilemma is would it be easier to sleep for a couple of hours and wake up with them or just stay awake?

Ugh, sorry for the ramble. Whether I get a measly few hours sleep or not, tomorrow is going to be a long day.
This happens to me! Its horrendous 🙁

hrh89

VIP Member
sick of reading about this virus and boris and ventilators. you just cannot escape it even for a bit. Just eaten an Easter for dinner 👍

monga

VIP Member
Don't know if this is the right thread but just saw Shamima Begum has been allowed to return to Britain to fight for her citizenship

Londoncailín

VIP Member
Heard a Dr on TV say to get through the boredom of self isolation we should finish things we start and thus have more calm in our lives.
So I looked through the house to find all the things I’ve started but haven’t finished........ so I finished off a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of Chardonnay, a bodle of Baileys, a butle of wum, tha mainder of Valiumum scriptuns an a box a chocletz.
Yu haf no idr how feckin fablus I feel rite now
Actually laughed out loud at this 😂

idkiwi

Oops I got my comment deleted because it was about a private account in response to another user, not sure if this is against the rules either but if that user wanted to message me privately to discuss this Leeds based nail tech feel free 🙈

Sorry again if this isn't allowed!

Londoncailín

VIP Member
Hi! Desperately looking for some advice think that this forum may be best. Used Veet cold wax strips on my face (eyebrows and upper lip) and now have bad dark burns! So painful and tight. Does anyone have any ideas one what to do? Read so many conflicting advice about putting creams or gels on. Have applied savlon gel and ordered aloe Vera but any help would be lovely
I had a similar incident a few years ago. The burns had gone down a lot by the next day and disappeared completely after a few days