Chit Chat

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Speaking of weird crushes (as we were somewhere in time and space), I am watching QI now and would like to add Gyles Brandreth to my list.

• Sick
Reactions: 2
Speaking of weird crushes (as we were somewhere in time and space), I am watching QI now and would like to add Gyles Brandreth to my list.
Flumps NO.

I usually agree with everything you say...

I own his KnitWits book but purely for the knitting 😂

Here you go Flumps...

1594326599567.png

• Haha
Reactions: 3
For about a week every month I struggle to sleep. I’m pretty sure it’s hormonal, pms symptom maybe. I’m wide awake at nearly 4am and every time I close my eyes, my brain goes into over drive thinking of any possible thing to cause anxiety and my usual tactics to block them out and divert my thoughts don’t work and I also feel fidgety and like my bed is super uncomfortable. I have to literally force myself to stay still enough to drop off. I do often get to sleep, eventually but I’m not sure if there’s even any point in trying at this point. Does anyone else get this?? I googled and it does seem to be a thing and not something that’s in my head. A lot of people get fatigue during pms but not being able to sleep/insomnia isn’t talked about it as much it seems. I know it’ll catch up with me tomorrow, hence why I usually force myself to bed. But with the lockdown im kinda thinking what’s the point I don’t even have anywhere to go tomorrow, although it is my turn to get up with the children. But again, my dilemma is would it be easier to sleep for a couple of hours and wake up with them or just stay awake?

Ugh, sorry for the ramble. Whether I get a measly few hours sleep or not, tomorrow is going to be a long day.
I have a borderline hypothyroid condition, which has been playing havoc during lockdown and GP is useless. It can make me exhausted by 4pm, and wide awake until 4am. It gets worse with my menstrual cycle too. I'm waiting for a gynae appointment to discuss possibilities of having PMDD as well as probably pre-menopause. I have existing gynae issues too, which play up with my cycle.

I also ended up in A&E unable to breathe after a week of GERD and thyroid making me think I had the virus. Breathing has happened 3 times in 3.5 years, GP and ENT have been hopeless. Realised myself they are oesophageal spasms.

Good luck and hope you get answers soon :).

Ok I need to get this off my chest and this thread is the only place it really fits so here goes.
I really really really want to sleep with someone who is off limits. I’m stuck in a very “stuck in the rut” relationship were the sex is mediocre. Im craving that “we shouldn’t be doing this sex” with someone and I can’t seem to get it out my mind.

My mans snoring is driving me bleeping insane.

We’ve been together for 12 years and up until about a year ago he didn’t make a sound when asleep, honestly you’d think he was dead as he never moved an inch and slept silently.

He was diagnosed with anxiety last year and given propanalol (sp) medication. I had a google which said anxiety medication relaxes the whole body including the throat which can cause snoring. Excellent!

We don’t have kids and have a spare room but there’s no bed in it, just has a desk, dressing table and wardrobes in it and I refuse to sleep on the couch. I can’t exactly ask him to stop taking his medication 🙄

I have to admit it’s not every night, as occasionally I manage to fall asleep before him. But it’s definitely at least 5 nights out of 7. I swear he’s not human, he falls asleep within minutes of his head hitting the pillow 😩

I refuse to take sleeping tablets as I feel like I’ve got a hangover for 2 days afterwards.

I realise there’s not a lot more I/we can do but I just needed to let it out!

And breathe..

Ok I need to get this off my chest and this thread is the only place it really fits so here goes.
I really really really want to sleep with someone who is off limits. I’m stuck in a very “stuck in the rut” relationship were the sex is mediocre. Im craving that “we shouldn’t be doing this sex” with someone and I can’t seem to get it out my mind.
Why don't you ask your partner to try something different? Sorry if you have already tried this.

Heres a question...what size curtains do you have? do you have them right to the floor, just below the window ledge or halfway down the wall? I ask this because while scrolling through some IG home accounts some had curtains just below the window ledge and I thought that was very 1980's, discuss...

Heres a question...what size curtains do you have? do you have them right to the floor, just below the window ledge or halfway down the wall? I ask this because while scrolling through some IG home accounts some had curtains just below the window ledge and I thought that was very 1980's, discuss...
mine are halfway down the wall I’d say. About a foot below the window ledge. Never really thought about the length really but if I had them floor length no doubt the cat would climb them 😂

Reactions: 1
mine are halfway down the wall I’d say. About a foot below the window ledge. Never really thought about the length really but if I had them floor length no doubt the cat would climb them 😂
My bedroom ones are halfway down the wall, living room to the floor.

I've only got curtains in one room (blinds in the rest, I'm not an exhibitionist 😆) and they stop just below the window sill but the room is our smallest and anything longer looked daft. Though that will be replaced with a blind when we can afford it.

I’ve got net curtains too which I know most people hate and they aren’t trendy but I love them hahaha I have 80’s tastes 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I’ve got net curtains too which I know most people hate and they aren’t trendy but I love them hahaha I have 80’s tastes 😂
I remember when I was about 8 my mum. Took me to choose some nets for my bedroom and I bought some with ducks along the bottom. I loved those net curtains

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Don't know if this is the right thread but just saw Shamima Begum has been allowed to return to Britain to fight for her citizenship