Chit chat #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m a big fan of dishwashers @Gidget00_ - but I don’t have one!
I think my French teacher just has a bit of a messiah complex and one time she got me to stand up in front of the class and read a text out and then got everyone else to tell me all my mistakes and she wouldn’t let me sit back down when I didn’t know the answer to something - she’s never done that with anyone else 😒😒😒 (and as a teacher myself that is the worst method ever and I would never do that to any of my students)
@strawb they hate us because they ain’t us 😏😏😏

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Are there any decent places online to buy a silver tag for a necklace to get it engraved? Sometimes I see an online store and then I read reviews and they are awful. I've tried the local jewellers but they don't have what I want, or they are way too expensive. I'd be prepared to pay up to £100 for a silver tag, with engraving included in that price. Having said that, I have no idea if that's a reasonable expectation for that price!

Are there any decent places online to buy a silver tag for a necklace to get it engraved? Sometimes I see an online store and then I read reviews and they are awful. I've tried the local jewellers but they don't have what I want, or they are way too expensive. I'd be prepared to pay up to £100 for a silver tag, with engraving included in that price. Having said that, I have no idea if that's a reasonable expectation for that price!
I’d try on Etsy!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
thanks, how to tell if it’s the real deal? Just look for someone with good reviews I guess?
you have to be registered as a business to sell on Etsy so it won’t be a con and a lot of people post pictures with their reviews so you can see how things look irl

Reactions: 1
The teacher sounds horrible @soymilk 🙁 do you have to see her often?

what did everyone have for dinner? I made a chicken and mushroom pie, it was so nice.

@strawb I think you will like this 🥰
IMG_0902.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
you have to be registered as a business to sell on Etsy so it won’t be a con and a lot of people post pictures with their reviews so you can see how things look irl
Thanks, I didn't realise that, I thought it was kind of like eBay. Cheers!

@fudgebox @Gidget00_ what sterilisers did you/do you use? I can’t sleep and am baby shopping 😂
lol I’m also awake baby fudge is having a bottle 😆
At first I used the tommee tippee electric steam steriliser, but now I have the Milton bucket and use the liquid Milton with cold water and I much prefer it! You just change the water every 24 hours and so easy to just drop things in throughout the day and you don’t have to dry them off or anything just shake them off a bit, the Milton is safe for them to drink from!

also I use the mam bottles and they can be sterilised in the microwave on their own which is handy if I’m at someone’s house and need to sterilise it!

• Heart
lol I’m also awake baby fudge is having a bottle 😆
At first I used the tommee tippee electric steam steriliser, but now I have the Milton bucket and use the liquid Milton with cold water and I much prefer it! You just change the water every 24 hours and so easy to just drop things in throughout the day and you don’t have to dry them off or anything just shake them off a bit, the Milton is safe for them to drink from!

also I use the mam bottles and they can be sterilised in the microwave on their own which is handy if I’m at someone’s house and need to sterilise it!
Omg I was just looking at the Milton cold water steriliser! It’s only £17 on Amazon you’ve convinced me 😂 I’ve got the mam bottles too!!

• Heart
Omg I was just looking at the Milton cold water steriliser! It’s only £17 on Amazon you’ve convinced me 😂 I’ve got the mam bottles too!!
Honestly it’s so good! If you’ve got the nuby rapid cool that can only be sterilised in the cold water steriliser that’s why I got it 😆and now I’m using the bigger mambottles I don’t think they would’ve fit in my tommee tippee steriliser anyway as they are so tall 🤔
Do you know which formula you’re going to use? We’ve used cow and gate since Harry was born because that’s what the hospital provided, but I wish I started on Kendamil because I’ve been reading it’s really good and doesn’t cause colic or reflux or anything which Harry has suffered with!! I’m not sure if there’s any point changing now he’s 4 months because he is settled now🤔

• Heart
Honestly it’s so good! If you’ve got the nuby rapid cool that can only be sterilised in the cold water steriliser that’s why I got it 😆and now I’m using the bigger mambottles I don’t think they would’ve fit in my tommee tippee steriliser anyway as they are so tall 🤔
Do you know which formula you’re going to use? We’ve used cow and gate since Harry was born because that’s what the hospital provided, but I wish I started on Kendamil because I’ve been reading it’s really good and doesn’t cause colic or reflux or anything which Harry has suffered with!! I’m not sure if there’s any point changing now he’s 4 months because he is settled now🤔
what formula do you use??

hi everyone!! can we try and get to a new thread before the end of march? 🙏 how's everyone doing today? one of our neighbours' got broken into yesterday - not sure when exactly it happened as i was home for the majority of the day but they smashed the door down and ransacked the entire place! so i'm bit freaked out now!

@Gidget00_ i have to see her every week 😢

• Heart
i think we can get to a new thread in a few days for sure! what poll should we do?

• Heart
Shall we just keep talking about loads of random tit between the 5/6 of us so we get a new thread lol
Isn’t that what we do anyway 😆
---
hi everyone!! can we try and get to a new thread before the end of march? 🙏 how's everyone doing today? one of our neighbours' got broken into yesterday - not sure when exactly it happened as i was home for the majority of the day but they smashed the door down and ransacked the entire place! so i'm bit freaked out now!

@Gidget00_ i have to see her every week 😢
Oh god how scary!

• Heart
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.