Chit Chat #42

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My Mum is 58 and still doesnโ€™t know what the clocks going back and forward means then ๐Ÿ˜‚
i also don't know it by heart i just google it ๐Ÿ˜‚

my bf told me last night to look at it like this:

when we're going from winter to summer like now, we take a bench outside, IN FRONT of the house, to sit in the sun, so that means the clock goes FORWARDS, we skip an hour so we lose an hour

when we're going from summer to winter, we put the bench BACK inside because it's cold, so the clock goes BACKWARDS, and we gain an hour

hopefully i remember that in a few months ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 4

when we're going from winter to summer like now, we take a bench outside, IN FRONT of the house, to sit in the sun, so that means the clock goes FORWARDS, we skip an hour so we lose an hour

when we're going from summer to winter, we put the bench BACK inside because it's cold, so the clock goes BACKWARDS, and we gain an hour

Ah thatโ€™s hurt my brain ๐Ÿ˜‚ So did the clocks go forward in Croatia last night too?

• Haha
Reactions: 1
yes, plus i woke up at 4:30 for some reason so i lost about 500 hours ๐Ÿ˜‚
I just donโ€™t understand how it all works ๐Ÿคฃ how can the time just change. How do all the clocks know how to do it? lโ€™ll never understand ๐Ÿคฃ so many people have tried explaining it to me over the years and I just donโ€™t get it ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 1
So glad the clocks changed...I can't work out how to change the time on my adjustable bed remote control.

When I wake in the middle of the night (as I do frequently) I won't have to try and remember whether to add or subtract an hour ๐Ÿคญ

• Haha
Reactions: 2

That is so confusing I just say spring forward and fall back ๐Ÿ˜†

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I just donโ€™t understand how it all works ๐Ÿคฃ how can the time just change. How do all the clocks know how to do it? lโ€™ll never understand ๐Ÿคฃ so many people have tried explaining it to me over the years and I just donโ€™t get it ๐Ÿ˜‚
it's just to better use the daylight โ˜€โ›ฑ
---
That is so confusing I just say spring forward and fall back ๐Ÿ˜†
see that's better i'll let mr strawb know ๐Ÿ˜‚
---
there was even a donkey in his bench story but i forgot all about that part ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
Me when the clocks go from 2 to 1 and 1 to 2 (think Iโ€™ve got that right see i donโ€™t even know ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚)

• Haha
i love it that we have this conversation every time, i feel less alone ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
Just think how light it will be this evening and how it gets lighter every day until June 21st

• Heart
Spring forward, fall back.

In a lot of Asian countries because they are so close to the equator they don't change clocks. Means the day starts at around 7.20am and ends at 7.20pm all year long.

We are stupid to keep changing clocks. The 'old' reasoning about electricity just doesn't stand up anymore. Silly Germans.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hey baked potatoes ๐Ÿค— how is everyoneโ€™s day? It was my sisters hen party last night and tbh I had a few excuses lined up for reasons not to go but I ended up going and it was actually a really good night! ๐Ÿ˜‚

@soymilk Iโ€™m okay lovely thanks for asking youโ€™re so kind ๐Ÿฅฐ he is really trying to make things okay again, itโ€™s just hard because I feel like I donโ€™t even want to be around him, I canโ€™t even look at him. Iโ€™m assuming this feeling will pass, heโ€™s deleted all his social media accounts and bought gym equipment to use at home ( I didnโ€™t ask him to do it) so I do think heโ€™s trying to somehow fix what he did but I donโ€™t know if doing all that is going to the right thing to do, and I donโ€™t know how Iโ€™m supposed to build up trust again. I just wish he didnโ€™t do it to begin with and everything would be fine now, I miss The way our relationship was. Iโ€™ll be okay x

@watermelon sugar how are you and mini? I hope it isnโ€™t too bad for you guys and it passes quickly! x Iโ€™ve been hearing of so many people having Covid recently!!

I hope everyoneโ€™s okay โคโค

And omg I donโ€™t get the time change thing either, it seems so pointless to me. Who cares what time it is, why try to change time just leave it as it is ๐Ÿ˜

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.