Chit chat #14

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Perhaps we should join together and make a deal to spend the last hour of our day off our phones and reading instead!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I never really set New Years resolutions cos I can’t stick to them, however obvz want to try and lose a bit of weight to feel better, and just to be happy really. I lost myself a bit this year and loads happened that I’m not proud of so I just want to focus on being me again and feeling happy. Oh and drink less alcohol too 🤪

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Perhaps we should join together and make a deal to spend the last hour of our day off our phones and reading instead!
Good idea! I usually scroll my phone right up until I close my eyes to sleep so instead I could put my phone down and read a few chapters of a book

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Another Ferrero Rocher booze related gift from the family.. do these people know me at all?!?! 🤭

Seriously though it's very nice. New years wise will aim for dry Jan, more fruit/veg. Have decided to try and be less of a consumer and only buy things I really need.

20211228_211356.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I haven’t even opened my quality streets yet. Sort of regret buying them. There’s enough chocolate in this house to last a life time and my fella doesn’t eat chocolate does he so looks like it’s an entire tub of quality street for me 😳
love that for you!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Ours are pretty similar! I’ve moaned about it on the chat thread before but I’ve put over 15lbs on since I got married in July 😬😭 I’m at my heaviest I’ve been since 2007. I’m not sure it’s entirely “organic” as apart from the last 7 weeks my work outs haven’t changed, I work out (mainly cardio) at least 4 times a week, my diet hasn’t really changed and the weight is going straight to my stomach - normally goes to my thighs - so I’m gonna try a few weeks of strict CI/CO then go to the dr if there’s no movement. It’s really just snuck up on me!

I want to read more as well. I’ve got a few new books for Christmas and normally do well in the early part of the year but often find I choose junk on TV over reading despite knowing it makes me fall asleep easier.

I'm running my first marathon this year; hoping for a few things - first goal is to get through the training uninjured, second is to get round without crying and third is sub 5 hours. I was going for sub 4:30 but I’ve had to take about7 weeks off so far with injury so I feel like I’m starting on the back foot.

I really want to pick up learning German again.

Finally, I’d like to get better with my spending, I’m not in debt but I often end the month with nothing left to spend and my savings don’t really grow at all.
Good luck with the marathon

Honestly like I say I've no excuse for the weight other than just being lazy an eating whatever I want, I used to do the 100 day challange which was no chocolate, biscuits, cakes, crisps, sweets, fizzy juice an take aways, used to start Feb 1st an I'd complete it no probs so I know the discipline is there for me, I'd also walk a ton which I enjoyed

I actually used to spend the last hour reading before I went to bed, it would be nice to do that again cause am getting worse with my phone 😂

I just came over all snacky for a sweet treat, so made a chocolate brownie mug cake and it was bloody stunning

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Yes my NYR's are going to be...

Having less takeaways-Don't get me wrong we do cook most nights but its also very easy to say 'shell we have a McDonalds tonight? and before you know it you've had 3 that week.:rolleyes:
Less shopping (sorry B&M) :giggle: tbh I don't go clothes shopping that much its mostly places like Home Bargains, B&M etc where I spend most of my ££
Eating more fruit- I eat a lot of veg but not much fruit so I want to up my fruit intake in the new year.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
oh new years resolutions!

healthy eating, walking a lot more & continuing to learn german!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Yesss! Skincare, reading and #HELF is my goal for 2022. I don’t want the pressure of weightloss so health it is 😂😂 also it’ll be nice to actually conceive as we’ve been trying for a little bit 🙃
We're trying to conceive and I imagine me being a little bit healthier might help with it 🤞🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’ve just gone into the attic and gotten a load of books down that I bought ages ago and never read, I’m going in!
8F274239-9BB4-4930-97B6-AF42099019C7.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I can’t sleep 😔 I get quite bad ovulation cramps and tonight is one of those nights

• Sad
  • Heart
Ahh @BelleAmie hope you manage to sleep

my NYR are to move more, continue with my 2 classes a week pilates, read more and I’m going to try intermittent fasting. I’m struggling with weight gain since the menopause and it’s making me miserable and self conscious. I’ve already managed 2ltrs water a day since before Christmas so need to keep it up.

Have a great Wednesday everyone. I’ve been awake scratching these blasted mosquito bites I got last week. I never get bitten usually and these are bad. They are scarring now too 🙁 I need to get antihistamine or I’ll go crazy
Anyway, I’m sure that’s about as much excitement you can take from me today 😂

• Heart
  • Sad
02:47 here and i can't sleep either! i'm wide awake and have a stomachache :(

• Sad
1:58 here and not sleeping either. At this point I might as well just get up for the day and then try and get a super early night.

• Sad
03:03......

03:42 still not asleep and hoping this won't merge with the previous post? 😅

anyway now my bf is also snoring so that's amazing. went downstairs to try and sleep on the couch, actually got quite comfy but then i remembered a random horror movie and got scared? 😂

tomorrow we are going on a full day roadtrip and we're supposed to leave the house at 8 am. that's in 4 hours. can't wait!!!

ah duck it merged

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.